Jeric

S05:E18 - Crusaders of the Lost Mark  

453 users have voted

1. 1. Sooo .... thoughts?

• No, I hated it! >:
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • Omygosh ... That. Was. Amazing!!! Loved it!

And... now this episode is getting far deeper than I expected, wow!  Apparently we now know that Filthy Rich is definitely NOT the bad parent; he's a bit neglectful, sure, but holy crap, her mom!  Wowwwwwwww, she's awful.  :o

• Brohoof 8

Is this a first time writer? Because things are all wrong. I mean, Diamond Tiara is normal, but Silver Spoon suddenly fed up with her for no reason? huh?

It's written by Amy Keating Rogers.

• Brohoof 2

Is this a first time writer? Because things are all wrong. I mean, Diamond Tiara is normal, but Silver Spoon suddenly fed up with her for no reason? huh?

I wouldn't say no reason because for all we know this could have been going on for a long time with this simply being the proverbial "straw that broke the camels back." Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon probably have a lot in common, they likely have a lot of the same insecurities and thus exhibit many of the same bully behaviors, but Silver Spoon may have simply have gotten tired of being treated like some two bit lackey rather than a friend. It does make me wonder exactly how they met in the first place.

Edited by Shanks

Diamond Tiara is standing up to her mother, this is huge, I didn't expect this kind of character development from Diamond Tiara now I wonder if her and Silver Spoons friendship can be repaired?

• Brohoof 2

Well that happened... BUT it is the 5th year anniversary.

I was thinking the writers might give them their marks seeing the title and the date, but in reality I was thinking most likely not. I thought they were maybe going to end up helping Pip get his mark.

I'm surprised and glad they did actually mention the Apples' parents though. For some reason that was something that really Irked me- The Apples are "all about family" yet it was like their parents never existed. Is it too dark or something?

post-24370-0-58283800-1416063191.jpg

I mean come on, I watched the Lion King when I was six and I'm not mentally scarred or anything. Simba's Dad GOT FRICKEN' KILLED by his BROTHER and they SHOWED HIM DEAD!!

Sorry for my off on a tangent tangent rant, but things like that are what worries me about kids growing up today. Giving kids a false sense that the world is a "butterflies and rainbows nicey nicey" place is probably going to cause problems for them down the road when they actually have to deal with real problems.

Well back to the episode in general, I thought it was good although a bit too musical for my taste. I like that they worked on Diamond Tiara, because she was just annoying. It will be interesting to see how the CMC are used from hereon out.

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 5

62351992.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, my heart, my heart can't take this!!!  :(   THAT WAS SO WONDERFUL!!!  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 9

Dude. They got their freakin' cutie marks.

And that song at the end was awesome.

As for the episode itself, I feel like the conflict resolution was a little off, and I think Filthy Rich kinda took a weird turn in his personality, but those are really my only gripes with the episode.

Well, now time to wait for fan art of the CMC with their new marks.

• Brohoof 1

Amy Keating Rogers, there is a reason you're my favorite writer.

Because when you really try, you make gems like this.'

Everything about this episode is brilliant. The Diamond Tiara redemption, the CMC getting their cutie marks and it not feeling rushed and music.

10/10

• Brohoof 13