Jeric

S05:E18 - Crusaders of the Lost Mark  

453 users have voted

1. 1. Sooo .... thoughts?

• No, I hated it! >:
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • Omygosh ... That. Was. Amazing!!! Loved it!

Well we now know the real reason Doc Brown wanted to got to this date!

998769__safe_scootaloo_sweetie+belle_dis

1-Doctor-Emmett-Brown.gif

The man knew it all along. :o

• Brohoof 4

Man, my mind is not in any state to give a legitimate critique of this episode in any way, shape, or form. 

In every conceivable way, this is Magical Mystery Cure for the CMC. 

I am just so utterly mind-blown, so overwhelmed with emotion. If the season had ended right here, I'd be just fine with that. 

With what happened in this episode, I can't believe it wasn't the last episode. It could totally fit for a finale. But the good news is we've got a ton of episodes left to come and enjoy!  :wub:

Also, DT has a spine. And it's a good one.  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 2

I think this rises a good question

Why call them CMC? Because they are not the CMC anymore

I vote we call them  either

CCMC Completed Cutie Mark Crusaders 

or

PCMC

Post Cutie Mark Crusaders

Because they are now crusading for other ponies cutie marks. 

This episode WOW. I thought I would never see the day. Diamond Tiara? Holy crap do I like her now? 

• Brohoof 3

I think this rises a good question

Why call them CMC? Because they are not the CMC anymore

I vote we call them  either

CCMC Completed Cutie Mark Crusaders 

or

PCMC

Post Cutie Mark Crusaders

I think they're gonna go by "The Original CMC". Or perhaps a different title like the "Cutie Mark Counselors". After all, that's what they're doing, right?

• Brohoof 4

The is one of my absolute favorites. It is so awesome to see them get their marks. It is so fitting and I am so glad that they were basically moving in this direction the whole time. Think about most of the cmc episodes, they are all directed around doing things for others, especially as of late. Look at the rodeo episode. 

It is going to be fun to see them move forward from here. 

Very happy with this episode and THE FEELS! so many of the feels. I was on the verge of tears the entire time! 

• Brohoof 2

I think they will stick with cutie mark crusaders. Because they might not be focusing on their own, but they are still going to fight for other ponies who are looking for their own or those who are having trouble figuring out what theirs means. 

• Brohoof 1

So, Imma post my intial reaction sent to my friend... and so... dont judge me it was amazing

WARNING. LOTS OF CURSING

OH MY GOD DID YOU SEE THE NEW EPISODE THE NEW EPISODE IS SHIT MAN LIKE FUCK THE FUCK IT WAS AMAZING AS HELL LIKE DIAMOND TIAARA IS NICE AND AKR I HATE BUT SHE DID GOOD THOUGH. AMY DID GOOD WITH THIS ONE, SHE DID REAL DAMN GOOD LIKE I SQUEALED AND STUFF MAN. LIKE OMG THE CMC GOT THEY HIP IMPLANTS AND FUCK THE POLICE ALL UP. DA FANDOM AY THEY CANT GET THE TOGETHER BUT THEY DID THO. THEY GOT THEM CUTIE MARKS. TOGETHER1 THEY DID IT, I FRCIKING JUMPED OUT OF MY CHAIR MAN I WAS SQUALING AND SCREAMING AND SHIT AND IT WAS LION KING GOOD LIKE IT WAS BETTER THAN LION KING IT WAS BTB LION KING GOOD IT WAS AMAZING PINKIE PRIDE STYLE JUST DIAMOND TIRARA GOT A MOTHER AND APPLEJACKS PARENTS ARE DEAD AND AMAZING AND OH MY GOD RAINBOW IS A REAL SISTER AND APPLEJACKS PARENTS ARE DEAD YES AND BIG MAC WWAS CRYING HOLY SHOT BALLS IT WAS FRCKIN AMAZING LIKE BEST THING IVE SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. GO WATCH IT. GO. GO NOW GO GET YOUR MOTHER TO WATCH IT GO I DONT CARE IF SHE DONT WATCH IT GO WATCH IT LIKE THE EPISODE IS AMAZING AND YOU WILL DIE SAD IF YOU DONT WATCH IT. MEANING OF LIFE IS AKR SHIT RIGHT HERE LIKE OMG IT WAS AMAZING LIKE YES. YES. YES. NEED A DANIEL BRYAN MOFO UP IN HERE. DANIEL BRYAN ALL THE WAY. BEST EPISODE. EVER> GO BE HAPPY AND WATCH IT BE HAPPY LIKE ME BUT YOU WONT THO BECAUS IM HAPY AS SHIZZDOODLE RIGHT NOW. YEAH. STORY OF MY LIFE APPLEBLOOM AND CMC HIP IMPLANTS BAE. LEGGO

*Sips coffee*

Yeah... it was a good episode... What? Be lucky you didn't hear the skype call :lol:

Edited by Tacoma
  • Brohoof 3

I think the fandom will just stick with the Curie Mark Crusaders  :)

I do agree that for their purpose now they should be considered as Cutie Mark Counselors, they did help Diamond Tiara and others to be themselves. Though for short its better to just call them CMC since it can mean either name. 

After this episode, I do not even want to fathom everything we're going to lose when Amy Keating Rogers leaves the show next season. Not only am I going to miss her terribly, the show itself will as well, as more and more new writers continue to come by with varying degrees of quality. 

In any case, I'm now expecting that The Mane Event will most certainly be the best Applejack episode she's ever had. I absolutely look forward to it. 

• Brohoof 3

WOW!  Best episode ever!

Character arc for Diamond Tiara, most satisfying resolution to a long-running search for cutie marks, incredible facial expressions, really fun musical format - and I usually hate musicals, top-drawer friendship lesson.  Woo Hoo!

• Brohoof 2

This episode was just amazing.  It was a fantastic end to the CMC's story, and a wonderful way to open them up for new stories.  I can't wait to see where this takes them.

Who knows, maybe we'll get an episode where they help Pipsqueak find his cutie mark, or maybe even Button Mash!

• Brohoof 1

Who knows, maybe we'll get an episode where they help Pipsqueak find his cutie mark, or maybe even Button Mash!

I think Hasbro is keeping it safe and I don't think Button Mash will talk anytime soon  :(  especially after all the drama concerning Janimations and Button's Adventures  :unamused:

But I hope they will help ponies like Pipsqueak  :icwudt:

• Brohoof 2

Watching DT from the moment she met her mother was heartbreaking. I feel like such a perception of expectations might just be a more relatable topic for some than the idea of the CMC.

Anyways. Tears were shed both for her and the interactions between the CMC and their sisters (older peer, in the case of Scootaloo and RD). Well played, Amy. You've tugged at my heartstrings, as 'twere.

Edited by Wubtavia
  • Brohoof 2

MAJOR MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!! 

Wow!! just wow!!!! This episode is now one of my top favorites!! When the episode started and they started singing I thought "cool! A musical episode." I thought it would kind of be like Pinkie Pride with the whole Pipsqueak class president plot but as I watched I started to see that this episode wasn't like other episodes. It was very special. Like "Magical Mystery Cure" but paced WAY better! I LOVED all of the character development for both Diamond Tiara and Sliver Spoon. I sympathized with both of them, particularly when Diamond felt so rejected. I'm also glad Sliver Spoon stood up for herself. Seeing Diamond Tiara's mother was amazing! Her mother explained everything. Her mother is a HUGE asshole who was almost forcing Diamond Tiara to be a jerk like her. I'm glad Diamond Tiara does not get her bad attitude from her father since in previous episodes her father seemed nicer than her. It's good that MLP is showing kids that there are sometimes reasons behind bad or bullying behavior. I loved the tree house scene when Diamond tells the CMC they are lucky. I loved the song where Diamond has to choose what to do. I ADORED when Diamond Tiara told her mother "I want something you don't have. FRIENDS!" Absolutely brilliant!!! When the CMC said that they didn't care if they got their cutie mark I was like "Are they going to get their cutie marks in this episode? Probably not." but then that magic burst happened and I was like "THEY DID IT! THEY DID IT! THEY ACTUALLY DID IT!" I was seriously so freakin proud of the CMC!!!! FINALLY! CONGRATS CMC! I love the concept of all 3 girls having the same cutie mark because it allows them to stay crusaders and stay together as friends while still growing as characters and having a special mission like the Mane 6. Now all of the plot elements of "Bloom and Gloom" and "Appleloosa's Most Wanted" makes PERFECT SENSE! I'm glad none of the girls fears from "Bloom and Gloom" came true. I'm thrilled that they got their cutie marks at the exact same moment. I love that each cutie mark is a design that we have never seen before and that none of their previously hinted at talents became their real talents. I find it interesting that ponies can have almost the exact same talent. I was right about Sweetie Belle having a musical note as part of her cutie mark! I admire the writers for keeping us on our toes and also listening to our desire for Diamond Tiara to have character development. I think reforming Diamond and having the CMC earn their cutie mark in the exact same episode was an excellent idea!!! It makes the episode all the more special and gives us new situations for the CMC and Diamond Tiara and Sliver Spoon! My favorite parts were when Applejack,Rarity, and Rainbow Dash sang to the CMC. That was SO touching! I'm amazed Applejack mentioned her and Applebloom's parents. Anybody else think Applejack's line about her mom and dad implies they definitely died??? As you can see this review was just a love fest over this episode! Excuse my utter excitement! Yay! Cutie Mark Magic makes sense now! Maybe the hiatus was so this big plot changing episode would land on this date.

• Brohoof 3

Looking back, though, I think there was a lot of (mostly meta) foreshadowing for this event.

1. The season as a whole seems to focus a lot on cutie marks (beginning with, you know, the season premier).

2. In the season 5 poster, the CMC are blacked out.

3. The trailer for the second half of the season said something about there being "new changes" (can't remember the exact words, it was along those lines), along with a clip from this episode.

4. The title of the episode itself.

5. It was a musical episode, which typically only happens for episodes that introduce major changes or important events (or if you're guest-starring Weird Al :P).

6. They've been at this for 4 seasons! Given how far the series has come, it seems like an appropriate, well-paced time for them to earn their marks now.

Edited by PGNatsu
  • Brohoof 4

This episode was absolutely fantastic! I wasn't sure what to expect coming into this episode at all. I liked how it was a musical type of episode like Magical Mystery Cure and Pinkie Pride. Every song was amazing, there wasn't one song I hated. I really liked the development and redemption for Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. I didn't expect them to get this type of development, but it was amazing to see. Seeing the Crusaders getting their marks was something I didn't expect at all. I was freaking out and denying it, but after they were revealed I was cheering and crying. I'm still in tears after what happened because seeing the crusaders from season 1 to now, they have come a really long way from trying to find out who they are and what they are meant to do. It also makes sense from Appaloosa's Most Wanted when they tried helping Trouble Shoes about his cutie mark along with Diamond Tiara in this episode, both her mark and herself as a character. All in all I really loved this episode and this might be my favorite episode of this season. Congratulations Cutie Mark Crusaders, I'm really proud of you, and I hope you keep on doing what you're doing.  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 7