Jeric

S05:E18 - Crusaders of the Lost Mark  

453 users have voted

1. 1. Sooo .... thoughts?

• No, I hated it! >:
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • Omygosh ... That. Was. Amazing!!! Loved it!

I really wish this show would stop redeeming every "villain," but it is cool the show had the balls to give the CMC their marks.

Why is that? The whole message of the show is that friendship is the most powerful magic there is. Taking someone who was once set on evil ways and showing them there is a better way is pretty cool imo.

At the start of the episode, I didn't have high hopes, as I'm typicall not crazy over CMC episodes, but this was a nice surprise. I really enjoyed the focus on Diamond Tiara, and of course the ending. Finally they have there cutie marks! The ending was so cute. IMO, it was definitely one of the best episodes this season and CMC episodes in general.

I really wish this show would stop redeeming every "villain," but it is cool the show had the balls to give the CMC their marks.

No, see, we can get new, even more despicable villains that way...

+ Many song, and great ones too  :wub:

+ I never actually disliked Tiara, but I knew the she would be redeemed at some point. When I figured it started happening in the episode I were certain I wouldn't be affected by their BS. The song got me. Probably the best one in the episode. :adorkable:

+ Moral about supporting those who are down, despite they hating you. Else you'd simply be at the same level.

+ Funny facial animations as always in S5.  :derp:

- Their cutie marks seemed a bit unpersonal, I would like to see them celebrate it for themselves, not only as a group.

- Tiaras transformation was a bit... odd. She secretly wanted friends? If they explored Tiaras and Silver's friendship and their "break-up" a bit more that would be better.

- I feel like this should be a two parter since things like I mentioned should have more depth and time to be done correct. :wat:

i think Lauren Faust would love this episode.

even though Amy Rogers was the person who made Firefly a distant past character (in Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3), which i'm sure Lauren wouldn't be happy about if she still worked on the show. despite that, i think Lauren would approve of a lot of Amy Rogers episodes, this one especially.

the way it hinted at AJ's parents not being around anymore, it's like how Lauren wanted a plot explaining that her parents were dead, and while this episode is still open ended on that subject, it's still a decent hint in that direction and i believe Lauren would like to know that one of her concepts was at least hinted at.

i don't typically like musicals, but i thought the songs in this were well done and tolerable to listen to (especially compared to Magical Mystery Cure) IMO. unfortunately, i kinda felt the pace of the story was a tad bit fast, there are major climaxes in this episode that felt like they could have used twice the time to feel a bit more natural. it was still good, but it kinda seemed a bit cheesy.

i otherwise don't have many complaints about this episode other than pacing and cheesiness, this is definitely one of Amy's best episodes. i think the cutiemarks the CMC got were a clever design; there is almost a duality to them, and i think it's because they are so talented, their cutiemarks sort of have double meaning to them. i think if we saw more multitalented characters, they might also have more complex cutiemarks as well.

so yeah, good episode, not my favorite, but it's pretty solid and covers good points and character development.

• Brohoof 1

It's... about... TIME.

They finally got their cutie marks! Yes! I have been anxiously waiting for this episode since I was first introduced to Apple Bloom, Scootalo, and Sweetie Belle. 

Even though the cutie marks they got weren't the ones I was expecting, these will do just fine. In fact, it makes a lot of sense!

As for the episode itself...

It was, in my opinion, just okay. ...Maybe even under okay. I give it a 2/5

I have always known that Diamond Tiara would be redeemed, but I didn't think this was how the writers would go about doing it. I guess I thought that they would go about it a different way.

post-14906-0-94655100-1444522490_thumb.png

I don't think this episode was as amazing as everyone says it was, but I thought it was still alright :).

I didn't understand how Diamond Tiara was able to change so quickly though. She's been a jerk for almost 5 seasons, and now she's able to change completely in a matter of minutes? I thought it seemed kinda out of character for her...

• Brohoof 4

How about just calling them the Crusaders

The Church* for political correctness done some dark things with the simple title of 'Crusader'

No I'm actually serious people'll get offended at anything these days its enough of a reason to not simply call them that.

Edited by ARagY

"If mom and dad were here they would be so proud of you"

....So are we just gonna ignore this?

The Church* for political correctness done some dark things with the simple title of 'Crusader'

No I'm actually serious people'll get offended at anything these days its enough of a reason to not simply call them that.

If people will be offended at anything, then no matter what you call them someone will get offended, so just call them Crusaders.

I don't think this episode was as amazing as everyone says it was, but I thought it was still alright :).

I didn't understand how Diamond Tiara was able to change so quickly though. She's been a jerk for almost 5 seasons, and now she's able to change completely in a matter of minutes? I thought it seemed kinda out of character for her...

The Magic of Friendship?

• Brohoof 1

I wish DT and SS got more karma before getting redeemed or had to work for it despite all they done to you they were sure quick to befriend.

Not to worry.  Both will have fallout and relapses for some time.  Diamond Tiara is basking in the glow of shaking off the tyranny of her mother, but she's still a filly and she won't change completely for some time.  She'll have her snotty, unreasonable and selfish moments - count on it.  Remember Discord's backsliding? That's the sort of thing that keeps you guessing about "reformed villains."

• Brohoof 1

I don't think this has has been mentioned yet:

SIGNIFICANT DERPY SIGHTING! SHE WAS IN A MAILMARE OUTFIT!!!! SQUEE!!!

Besides that, there's not much else I can add that hasn't already been said. This episode was amazing. It's in my top 10, for sure!

To be honest, the cutie marks that the CMC had received in this episode looks cheesy in terms of colour.

After looking at it a little more, I had noticed that each stripe represents each member of the CMS by their hair colour.

Yes, interesting concept, but it could've been better designed. Having all of them to have a similar looking cutie mark makes it look less unique.

• Brohoof 1

DT has been hiding who she wants to be for 5 years, without anyone calling her on it, or trying to get her to be who she really wants to be, until today, like the CMC did. I can find her 360 beleivable, because it's not hard to imagine DT, once she saw the CMC reaching out to her, beleiving that she could change, probbly feeling like a crushing weight was being taken off of her, by these three girls, who she had only bullied and brought down, yet here they are, in spite all of that, helping her. That could've been the straw that broke the camels back, where that fragile wall DT built just collapsed, under those actions, and all her emotions, making for a quick redemption. She saw the liht she wantd to be in, once someone was kind to her, believed in her, and ran for it with open arms.

To be honest, the cutie marks that the CMC had received in this episode looks cheesy in terms of colour.

After looking at it a little more, I had noticed that each stripe represents each member of the CMS by their hair colour.

Yes, interesting concept, but it could've been better designed. Having all of them to have a similar looking cutie mark makes it look less unique.

agreed. The same design for all 3 seems like a cop out. Mane 6 got their cutie marks at once, but theirs are vastly different
  • Brohoof 1

I just came to a realization.

Scare Master comes before Crusaders Of The Lost Mark production-wise but was aired afterward then leaked early. If the CMC hadn't been in their Nightmare Night costumes, then this episode would have been less enjoyable for many.

• Brohoof 2

The last villlain that wasn't reformed yet is now reformed.

sig-4145538.tumblr_mee73aNiSN1rl1yroo1_2

"Oh really?"

866789__safe_twilight+sparkle_pinkie+pie

"Are you sure about that?"

(But I agree with you on point #2: brilliant premise re: the CMC's purpose.)

Edited by John Mellenclop

Not to worry.  Both will have fallout and relapses for some time.  Diamond Tiara is basking in the glow of shaking off the tyranny of her mother, but she's still a filly and she won't change completely for some time.  She'll have her snotty, unreasonable and selfish moments - count on it.  Remember Discord's backsliding? That's the sort of thing that keeps you guessing about "reformed villains."

not really that but they pretty much got away with all her behavior and her cause had no warning.

You've got a point there.  Heck, even Sunset Shimmer has shown signs of regression.  Remember this scene???