Jeric

S05:E18 - Crusaders of the Lost Mark  

453 users have voted

1. 1. Sooo .... thoughts?

• No, I hated it! >:
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • Omygosh ... That. Was. Amazing!!! Loved it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYnduDydzTQ

It has happened.

Ok, so a lot to unpack, here.  At the beginning, I just thought, "Oh, a CMC episode.  It's meh time.  Lots of meh."  The student pony president election seemed boring, and I figured that the whole episode was just going to be about that.  A throw away episode, essentially.  Then, when Diamond started her song, I thought, "What is happening right now?  I'm feeling something...for Diamon Tiara!  What...the...hell...is happening?!  What are the writers doing?!  They're showing her complexity...and making me...like Diamond Tiara??!!  DAMN this show is good."

What a roller coaster from there to the end.  This was just amazing.  I never expected it, but I love it.

I had originally hoped that they would save this for the end.  My suggestion was to have the CMC get their marks at the very end of the movie, in the denouement, and that would be the last official FIM thing we ever see.  While that would have been good, I have to say that I'm not at all opposed to this surprise.  Honestly, it's far better than just dragging them along, having more and more episodes of them trying dumb sports to see what they might be good at.  How much of that can you really do?  Pretty soon it would just turn into Jackass.  "Hi, I'm Applebloom, and this is Shopping Cart Bowling.  Ready girls?"  *Scoots and SB shove AB in a shopping cart into a bunch of bowling pins, and she flies out and faceplants.*  "ANY SHOPPING CART BOWLING CUTIE MARKS??!!"  No, it was way better to do something unexpected and keep it fresh.  I'm surprisingly thrilled by this.  I really am.

So, let's talk about Diamond for a second.  First of all, I was thrilled when Spoon told her off.  That's when the episode started getting good, and I realized something special was happening.  And Diamond's song was surprisingly good, and full of feels.  This show is getting exceptional at digging deep into previously one-dimensional characters, and showing how complex they really are.  This season has been amazing for that.  The fence group, Gilda, Big Mac, and now Diamond.  Never in a million moons did I expect Diamond Tiara to be developed into a real character, somepony interesting that you actually care about.  Just amazing, how they did that.  I really loved how they gave a good reason for why she's always been a b*tch.

The lesson in this particular episode is invaluable as well.  They showed how people are more complex than you realize, and to look deeper, because there's probably a reason why somebody acts the way they do.  Many bullies act out because they have bad parents, or have been treated badly.  The more we're willing to try to understand someone else's point of view, the better, instead of just writing them off as an a**hole and that's that.  There are so many people who might start down the wrong path, and if no one cares enough to help, they'll never turn it around.  But if someone is willing to look beneath the surface, they might be able to help this troubled person find a better way.  Sure, there a lot of a**holes who are just a**holes, and there's a lot of evil that's just plain evil.  But I think there's a whole lot more people who could turn themselves around if they were just given a chance.  The more compassionate and understanding we can be, the better this world will be for all of us.  One line in this episode really stood out for me: "Just because she [Diamond Tiara] never cared about anypony else's feelings, doesn't mean we shouldn't care about hers."  Wow.  That's powerful.  That's real strength.  It's easy to stay mad at someone who's been mean to you.  It's not easy to look deeper and forgive.  If someone acts mean to you (And I'm obviously not talking about real evil), then the natural tendency is to just say, "Well, they're a jerk, so I hate 'em."  It takes so much strength and wisdom to see past that.  And the more we can do that, the more people will be helped, people who may not have had a chance otherwise.  This episode teaches not to blindly hate others, even when they mistreat you, but to try to understand them.  This is one of the strongest and most important things we can do in this world, and one of the best messages this show has ever given.  This show teaches so much more than stereotypical morals like, "Always try your best."  Well done, FIM team.

Actually, I don't disagree with @@arftbmrf. The trouble is, everything leading up to this point, starting from Showstoppers, has leaned on the idea that: 

Sweetie Belle = Singer
Apple Bloom = handypony
Scootaloo = extreme stunts

Frankly, this talent came out of no where!

Actually, it didn't.  It didn't!  It really didn't!  This is the real brilliance of these cutie marks.  This blew me away, and this is the reason why I didn't mind this unexpected turn of events.  If you have been paying close attention, you'd realize that their special talent has been set up since nearly the beginning.  So, let's just clearly define their talent to start with--They help others to find their path.  This doesn't necessarily mean that the pony in question has to be confused about their own mark.  That could be it, but it doesn't have to be.  The CMC have a natural talent for seeing what others don't, and helping those around them to find who they're suppose to be, or to see others for who they really are.  The writers could not have chosen a better talent for these three.  It's genius, and here's why:

Bridle Gossip: Applebloom is the only one of the townsponies to question the prejudice of Zecora.  She follows Zecora and meets with her, learning that she's not what the townsponies think.  AB was intregal in getting everypony else to see this.

One Bad Apple:  Instead of lashing back at Babs when they were bullied, the CMC attempted to understand her, reach out to her, and show her a better path.  They were able to get through to her, and in so doing, set her on her own path to a better future, and towards getting her own mark.

Appaloosa's Most Wanted:  The most obvious example.  Instead of just labeling Troubleshoes as a villain like everypony else, the CMC looked deeper, met with him, and guided him to learn his true calling, and showed the townsponies who he really was.

And then you have today.  Again, for no other reason than pure compassion, the CMC looked deeper and tried to help Diamond, and guide her to a better path.

This is their talent.  It's what they were born for, and it's what they've been doing all along.  Sure, they're aren't a huge number of examples, but the examples here speak volumes.  This talent didn't come out of nowhere.  It's been here all along.  And this was way better and more interesting than just having them be good at a sport or singing or something.  And it sends kids another good message--you don't have to steal the spotlight in order to make a difference.  Everybody wishes they had an impressive talent.  Many people feel as if they're not good at anything.  We'd all love to be great at something, like singing, or art, or music, or sports.  Everyone would love to be the fastest, or the best at something.  Those kinds of people get the most recognition.  The stars, the champions, etc.  But lots of people have a less obvious talent, and one that's no less important.  Some people are meant to help and guide others.  If a person's calling is to be a personal therapist, then that's great!  This episode shows that there's no limit to what a person's talents can be, and you don't have to be a pop star or a pro-athlete to be special, and have something great to give the world.

Lastly, I'd like to quickly address the "rush".  Yes, it moved fast, and yes Diamond's "reform" was quick, and yes, the big reveal was pretty quick, but this is all forgivable.  The team does the best they can with what they're given.  The FIM team has no control over how many episode they get to make, and they can't decide to make this a two-parter just because they want to.  Corporate mandates, and they must deliver.  Sure, it would have been great to have had more time on this, but they have to wrap it up in one episode.  It's not an ongoing, continuous show, like Game of Thrones or something.  So, a little rushed, yes, but perfectly fine.

Blown away.  And that ending where their sisters (including Rainbow) congratulate them!  Just beautiful.  And they made this episode feel big, too, like MMC.  Amazing.  Simply blown away.  That's all I can think of right now.  May come back and edit.

*EDIT*

I like that Applebloom didn't just get an apple-related mark.  Yes, it has an apple in it, but it isn't just a mark signifying that she's going to be an apple farmer.  I mean, sure, she's still going to help work the farm like always, but not every apple has to just have an apple cutie mark.  It was way better and less predictable this way.

And I like that they mentioned the damage caused by the villains.  Nice continuity there.

I also like that they didn't receive their marks at the first instant that they showed talent, but at the moment they decided this is who we are, and this is what we want to do, proving once again that cutie marks are not talent augments, nor do they affect a pony's behavior, nor do they enslave a pony in any way.  That's what the Daemon is for.  https://mlpforums.com/topic/136267-are-the-6-slaves-to-the-map/?hl=slaves+to+the+map#entry4040720

Also, am I wrong, or is this the first time that there's been any mention of AJ's parents?!  "If mom and dad were here, they'd be so proud of you."  HEADCANON CONFIRMED.  AJ and her siblings' parents are dead.

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 3

Only thing i did not like about the episode was that there were way to many songs.. Otherwise, it was awesome! Would have liked it if the Crusaders getting their Cutie Marks was more 'built up' and all that, but whatever. I did not see them getting those kinds of marks though :/

So this marks the ending of the CMC and Diamond Tiarra rivalry then, huh? Perhaps in the next season there might be even a Diamond Tiarra episode, or even a new rivalry for the CMC and DT, can't wait to see this. And almost forgot, congrats to the CMC for having their cutie marks, they earned it. :yay:

Sypnoses: shortly after getting their cutie marks and befriending Diamond Tiara, the CMC hear that a new pony has moved to Ponyville. Eager to help him settle in, they discover he's a blank flank, and eagerly form a plan to put him on the path to disovering what his talents are. Before they can act on it, though, they find the new guy, in spite of being blank, is a jack of all trades, and seems satisfied with remaining a blank flank. Discouraged, the CMC go looking for other ponies to help, but wind up in danger, and having to be helped by the new blank flank in town, and later recruit him into their club.

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my GOSH! :D Yes -- just yes! I'm so happy right now! :D

I may actually write something about the episode, when I've calmed down...but right now...

YEEEEEEES! Way to go CMC's! :D

Edited by Jaxsie

Only thing i did not like about the episode was that there were way to many songs.. Otherwise, it was awesome! Would have liked it if the Crusaders getting their Cutie Marks was more 'built up' and all that, but whatever. I did not see them getting those kinds of marks though :/

it was built to be a muical; the CMC version and grand chapter of development of Magical Mystery Cure
  • Brohoof 1

This episode has a funny place for me.

I've noticed a lot of this thread is just saying it's the greatest thing ever. To me, it kinda wasn't, but there's just something about the end that made me go from "meh" to "this episode is fantastic".

I'll get the negative stuff out of the way right out the gate: I think they handled Diamond Tiara's redemption poorly. It was way too rushed, and this suffers the same problem as Magical Mystery Cure; that is, it would've been better as two episodes so they would've been able to pace the resolution out rather than trying to cover up the fact that it was so obviously exposition-y with songs. So basically, the problems I had with Magical Mystery Cure apply here, and the solution would've been exactly the same. Kind of disappoints me that the MLP staff didn't learn since then.

I'm not against the idea of her being redeemed, far from it, although it makes me wonder how they're going to portray anything related to bullying and start that kind of external conflict from here. Then again, I suppose they've already tread that path already. Still, my problem with the episode is not in the idea, but rather in its execution. Heck, I don't even mind Diamond having an abusive mother; I kind of assumed there was some standard she had to live up to, anyway. One thing that does bother me about all these resolutions, though, is it seems like the show is trying to send the message that no one is truly actually nasty and they all have some sort of excuse to make them that way. While that is a nice message, it isn't a very realistic one. There are plenty of bullies who don't have bad familial situations at home, and to be honest, victims of bullying should not be taught to fix their bullies' problems. For the CMC it's fine because that's their occupation and their talent, but no one else should feel obligated to do so. Bullies should atone for their own actions. Diamond Tiara should have some reparation for what she's done, and that's why this quick resolution doesn't work right, because we don't get to see that in action, making her resolution feel empty and meaningless; it carries no weight, because just a few kind words and all the abuse she's carried out is fixed. It doesn't work that way in real life.

I understand that this can be primarily blamed on time constraints, but it having an external excuse doesn't mean that it's not still problematic.

That being said, I'm onto the positive things now. I really, REALLY like what they did with their Cutie Marks. This is far better than I expected them to be, not only because they still keep those hidden talents we thought they did, but their cutie marks also give a good excuse to keep the CMC as a group. I mean, it would've been cool if they got it separately and they had the question of "what will they do now", but I think this direction is a good one to take, too. I'm most happy about that song at the end; it feels like Celestia's Ballad, except much more upbeat, and Celestia's Ballad was definitely the highlight of Magical Mystery Cure. I love that the sisters chimed in, especially Rainbow Dash. It also shows how far Rainbow has come, since I can distinctly remember in Season 1 she wouldn't get involved in saying mushy stuff like the fact she's proud of someone, trying to maintain an image - but here, she's no longer insecure of that and is more than willing to show Scootaloo how much she cares about her and how happy she is for how much she's grown. This is not only a significant moment for the CMC, but for how far Rainbow Dash is in season 5 as opposed to when we first met her. How expressing that sentiment isn't a shameful thing in the slightest.

I think that's why the end sort of redeemed the episode for me. The Cutie Marks were a really impressive idea, that last song got me all feely, and Rainbow Dash shows in a subtle way how much she's grown (and Rarity, too, although her development is less of a surprise since in her case, she got it out of the way in Sisterhooves Social). I can see why people really like this episode. It has some good ideas, the CMC finally have their Cutie Marks, and it ends on a really high note. Do I think it's the best episode ever? Nah. Hurricane Fluttershy still remains my favorite, but this episode is definitely a good episode, if a bit rushed and hindered by its single episodic limit.

EDIT: oh wow why did I forget to mention this. The reference to the fact that their (that is, Apple Bloom's, Applejack's, and Big Mac's) parents are indeed dead. Holy shit, way to go, MLP staff. That was probably the most tactful way you could put that reference in - the adults will get it and know what you're hinting at, while the children may not entirely get it but the line won't bother them or make them feel distressed in any way.

Edited by Lady Bow
  • Brohoof 3

Wow. I can't believe it finally happened. So much time spent waiting for that moment, and we got it!! 

Must say, I was NOT expecting the three of them to get the SAME cutie marks, since it seemed like the writers were building up to them all getting different talents, like scootering for Scootaloo, singing for Sweetie Belle, and something else for Apple Bloom. But now that I've thought about it, the fact they all have the same talent makes total sense. Crusading is their talent, their passion, and what they've been doing for the past 5 seasons. 

So the fact that they got their talents together, (by helping Diamond Tiara of all ponies) is actually something really beautiful. :') 

I was sure I would cry when the time finally came when they got their Cutie Marks, but I didn't. I just went a bit crazy with excitement. xD

It was interesting to make most of the episode a musical, and it seems to be a bit of theme that the episode is a musical when something important happens, like in Magical Mystery Cure, when Twilight became a princess. I'm not a huge fan of full musicals myself, especially when they cram it all into a 20 minute episode, but it was done really well with this episode! 

So all in all: wow! So pleased for the CMC! I had a feeling from the title that it might be the moment where it happened, but wasn't sure until it actually did towards the end! (I remember thinking "there's four minutes of the episodes left... what's going to happen? Oh wait... could it be?!" And I was right! XD) 

The end of an era, everypony. :') Makes me kind of sad. 

This episode has a funny place for me.

I've noticed a lot of this thread is just saying it's the greatest thing ever. To me, it kinda wasn't, but there's just something about the end that made me go from "meh" to "this episode is fantastic".

I'll get the negative stuff out of the way right out the gate: I think they handled Diamond Tiara's redemption poorly. It was way too rushed, and this suffers the same problem as Magical Mystery Cure; that is, it would've been better as two episodes so they would've been able to pace the resolution out rather than trying to cover up the fact that it was so obviously exposition-y with songs. So basically, the problems I had with Magical Mystery Cure apply here, and the solution would've been exactly the same. Kind of disappoints me that the MLP staff didn't learn since then.

I'm not against the idea of her being redeemed, far from it, although it makes me wonder how they're going to portray anything related to bullying and start that kind of external conflict from here. Then again, I suppose they've already tread that path already. Still, my problem with the episode is not in the idea, but rather in its execution. Heck, I don't even mind Diamond having an abusive mother; I kind of assumed there was some standard she had to live up to, anyway. One thing that does bother me about all these resolutions, though, is it seems like the show is trying to send the message that no one is truly actually nasty and they all have some sort of excuse to make them that way. While that is a nice message, it isn't a very realistic one. There are plenty of bullies who don't have bad familial situations at home, and to be honest, victims of bullying should not be taught to fix their bullies' problems. For the CMC it's fine because that's their occupation and their talent, but no one else should feel obligated to do so. Bullies should atone for their own actions. Diamond Tiara should have some reparation for what she's done, and that's why this quick resolution doesn't work right, because we don't get to see that in action, making her resolution feel empty and meaningless; it carries no weight, because just a few kind words and all the abuse she's carried out is fixed. It doesn't work that way in real life.

I understand that this can be primarily blamed on time constraints, but it having an external excuse doesn't mean that it's not still problematic.

That being said, I'm onto the positive things now. I really, REALLY like what they did with their Cutie Marks. This is far better than I expected them to be, not only because they still keep those hidden talents we thought they did, but their cutie marks also give a good excuse to keep the CMC as a group. I mean, it would've been cool if they got it separately and they had the question of "what will they do now", but I think this direction is a good one to take, too. I'm most happy about that song at the end; it feels like Celestia's Ballad, except much more upbeat, and Celestia's Ballad was definitely the highlight of Magical Mystery Cure. I love that the sisters chimed in, especially Rainbow Dash. It also shows how far Rainbow has come, since I can distinctly remember in Season 1 she wouldn't get involved in saying mushy stuff like the fact she's proud of someone, trying to maintain an image - but here, she's no longer insecure of that and is more than willing to show Scootaloo how much she cares about her and how happy she is for how much she's grown. This is not only a significant moment for the CMC, but for how far Rainbow Dash is in season 5 as opposed to when we first met her. How expressing that sentiment isn't a shameful thing in the slightest.

I think that's why the end sort of redeemed the episode for me. The Cutie Marks were a really impressive idea, that last song got me all feely, and Rainbow Dash shows in a subtle way how much she's grown (and Rarity, too, although her development is less of a surprise since in her case, she got it out of the way in Sisterhooves Social). I can see why people really like this episode. It has some good ideas, the CMC finally have their Cutie Marks, and it ends on a really high note. Do I think it's the best episode ever? Nah. Hurricane Fluttershy still remains my favorite, but this episode is definitely a good episode, if a bit rushed and hindered by its single episodic limit.

EDIT: oh wow why did I forget to mention this. The reference to the fact that their (that is, Apple Bloom's, Applejack's, and Big Mac's) parents are indeed dead. Holy shit, way to go, MLP staff. That was probably the most tactful way you could put that reference in - the adults will get it and know what you're hinting at, while the children may not entirely get it but the line won't bother them or make them feel distressed in any way.

Pretty much my feelings about the episode in a nutshell! :) I too think that it was like Magical Mystery Cure in places and sometimes rushed, but you're right: the ending was so emotional, compared to the initial story which was a bit boring. And yeah, the Cutie Marks are great! It's not what I expected them to get, but I've thought about it since and it makes TOTAL sense. :D

• Brohoof 1

OMG OMG OMG OMG THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST EPISODES OF MY LIFE!

I Like Diamond Tiara and knew she was good deep down and this MADE THAT CANNON !!! WOOOO!!!

Not only did we get MORE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS songs, But a DIAMOND TIARA SONG Which has been long awaited for me since we found out she could sing in Pinkie Pride. But we also got Diamond Tiara and the cutie mark crusaders to turn her into a good girl and...THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS CUTIE MARSK!!!!

LIKE...OMG! They are absolutely nothing like what any one has ever even thought possible!~ I don't think anyone predicted these marks being like that. The fact that they all have the same cutie mark save for the emblem in the middle and that mark is beign a sheild, hense the crusaders part of their names is just perfect for them!

They spent their whole lives trying to get their cutie marks that..that..THEIR ACTUAL SPECIAL TALENT IS GETTING A CUTIE MARK!!! But They couldn't realize it or get their own until they abandoned their quest as cutie mark crusaders and help others instead! Helping Diamond TIara made them realize that and now BAM! Cutie marks!

..the only thing I don't like about all of this is somehow it still feels like it is still too soon and that the end of an era is kind of over with and that makes me feel really sad.

• Brohoof 3

This episode is... OMG finally!!! A lot of people see DT as a flat character and only a handful before this episode see something more. Musical episode, well used to draw the conflict for people who love to see external conflict and a good nod to those who like to see inner conflict. The twist at the end was quite nice, at the crossroad, if she had went to the... I don't know what to call it, light? She would have just done nothing but instead she faces the darkness and do something and transform it to light. Good metaphors here and there.

For the people who see more to DT before this episode (like myself), the first half sort of hammered in what we have been thinking. The sense of entitlement, pride and being in control and now we see why is she like this. And what her cutie mark actually means now. I like how the writers reversed her natural talent of getting ponies to do what she wants to something positive.

And also about cutie marks... I am happy for the CMC getting them finally and they deserved them too. The writers have now set in stone what is a cutie mark supposed to be, a representation of their true self, not talent anymore. A true self can tie to talent but it is usually secondary to a true self. But I have concerns on their marks, it is a tri color shield with either an apple, note or lightning. It is too similar, but I guess there are few explanations: like it is the magic of friendship that gave them their marks and not the normal way.

This is not an episode to recommend to newcomers of the show as it needs the build up to feel satisfying.

• Brohoof 2

This episode was amazing! It definitely has to be my favorite ever.

I kinda dislike that the CMC share the same 'general shape' of cutie marks, unlike the other ponies who have unique cutiemarks, but hey, I hated Twilight's princess form and I love it now, I'm sure I can at least bear it. It's exciting that they got their cutie marks as well! I'm curious to see where they'll go with the CMC episodes now.

I'm still amazed at the S5 graphics, camera angles and so on.. so smooth!

• Brohoof 2

agreed. The same design for all 3 seems like a cop out. Mane 6 got their cutie marks at once, but theirs are vastly different

Yes, but the point of a cutie mark is its supposed to represent who you are, and what your special talent is. The Mane 6 all have different talents. The CMC's worked together to figure out what their talent was, and they figured out that they all had the same talent in helping others find theirs. So it makes sense their marks are similar, in fact I think it makes it more unique because most ponies don't have similar marks unless they're related. I'm not crazy about the design either, but I don't think its fair to call it a cop out.

Yes

Ok, just making sure we're all on the same page.

So now that they have their cutie marks, what does this mean? The cmc receiving their cutie marks has always been one of the most anticipated things in the series. Now that we have hit that point, does this foreshadow an end? I really don't wanna be a downer or see the series end but a major part of the story we all liked has basically been completed. Can anyone elaborate on this?

Well I think thats a bit of an exaggeration. I mean we've been through several major plot points:

• Twilight becoming a princess
  • The whole 6 keys castlebox thing
  • Discovering/giving up the elements of harmony
  • Discovering Twilights role as a princess
  • Cutie Map will likely be figured out this season

You get the point. The show will go on. Maybe its the end of the CMC episodes. Or maybe its the start of some new sub-plot with them. Who knows? But don't assume the worst, just stay hopeful! :)

Amazing episode!! The CMC'S deserve their cutie mark. We have waited 5 years for this moment and I was very satisfied.

This is not an episode to recommend to newcomers of the show as it needs the build up to feel satisfying.

I agree. But I think this was the best episode of the series ever!!!

• Brohoof 1

I thought it was a fantastic episode:

I kinda always predicted Diamond Tiara and the CMCs would end up being friends someday. I kinda like how it seems there gonna start being friends now.

But of course the biggest hype was seeing my favorite pony in the entire show get her cutie mark along with her friends!

All in all I'm pleased and loved the episode :)

• Brohoof 1

I swear, it's been several hours now and i still can't believe this happend. This is actually one of my favorite feel good moments in the series, maybe even the ultimate feel good moment. :D

I believe so too! I was waiting for them to get their cutiemarks for a very long time now!

All in all I'm pleased and loved the episode

I love the episode too! It was such a good episode! 

• Brohoof 1

Wait I'm confused, so we see the CMC having cutie marks that represent themselfs and thier idol. Such as Scootaloo having her wing and rainbowdashes iconic rainbow lighting outline and then Applebloom having an apple cause it runs in the family and her idol applejack good in heart but I'm confused to why Sweetiebelle(sorry for the wrong spelling) is a star and a musical note. Not that I'm against it but can someone enlighten me??

Plus, great episode tho. Finally getting thier cutie marks :D

• Brohoof 2

Wait I'm confused, so we see the CMC having cutie marks that represent themselfs and thier idol. Such as Scootaloo having her wing and rainbowdashes iconic rainbow lighting outline and then Applebloom having an apple cause it runs in the family and her idol applejack good in heart but I'm confused to why Sweetiebelle(sorry for the wrong spelling) is a star and a musical note. Not that I'm against it but can someone enlighten me??

Plus, great episode tho. Finally getting thier cutie marks :D

If you don't remember the horrible song that they preformed Sweetie Bell was the one that supposed to sing because she is really good at singing

• Brohoof 1

I really liked this episode. It makes sense to me that the CMC would acquire cutie marks in helping others discover thier talents, as they have tried so hard and for so long to discover thier own. It was nice to see DT and SS reform, and DT standing up to her snooty mother.

And AJ mentioning their parents. That was one of the really emotional scenes of the episode. I wanted to give Big Mac a hug. :)

• Brohoof 2