Jeric

S05:E18 - Crusaders of the Lost Mark  

453 users have voted

1. 1. Sooo .... thoughts?

• No, I hated it! >:
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • Omygosh ... That. Was. Amazing!!! Loved it!

Most people were a bit surprised by the similarities of the marks.. but I like them, and there is a lot going on within them.. I'll break it down a bit.

First off, Shield: While the first aspect of a shield is that of a protection, gaining one's shield is also sort of a mark of moving from squire to knight... so our crusaders are knights and protectors.. fitting.  

Secondly: A shield is also the heart of a coat of arms, and each color has symbolic meaning

• Orange: Worthy Ambition 
  • Silver or White: Peace & Sincerity
  • Red: Warrior or martyr; Military strength and magnanimity 
  • Purple: Royal majesty, sovereignty, and justice

Now the individuality of each mark

Apple Bloom

• Apple: Represents generosity, happiness, peace and salvation
  • Heart: Represents sincerity (aka, honesty), also a symbol of goodness and charity

Scootaloo

• Wing: Represents swiftness and protection (generally 2 wings, but as Scootaloo already has two wings, I think it fits just fine)
  • Lightning: Putting clarity and force into matters of importance

Sweetie Bell

• Star: Represents celestial goodness, a good person [Edited in: Also, it seems to mean magic in Equestria]
  • Note: This one is harder, there is no specific heraldic symbol that uses a note, but there are several objects that make use of music, so I take this to imply music in general, but considering her name includes a Bell...I will go with that first, a bell, which indicates power to disperse evil.. but some other musical instruments indicate festivity and rejoicing.

Now, this is likely reading a lot more into then perhaps I should, but it fits so very well all of them.. together and individually.

Edited in: Also, clearly signs that the girls are spending entirely too much time with their sisters and their friends, the virtues of the main six are seen all over the place here

Edited by Reading Heart
  • Brohoof 6

Most people were a bit surprised by the similarities of the marks.. but I like them, and there is a lot going on within them.. I'll break it down a bit.

First off, Shield: While the first aspect of a shield is that of a protection, gaining one's shield is also sort of a mark of moving from squire to knight... so our crusaders are knights and protectors.. fitting.  

Secondly: A shield is also the heart of a coat of arms, and each color has symbolic meaning

• Orange: Worthy Ambition 
  • Silver or White: Peace & Sincerity
  • Red: Warrior or martyr; Military strength and magnanimity 
  • Purple: Royal majesty, sovereignty, and justice
Now the individuality of each mark

Apple Bloom

• Apple: Represents generosity, happiness, peace and salvation
  • Heart: Represents sincerity (aka, honesty), also a symbol of goodness and charity
Scootaloo
  • Wing: Represents swiftness and protection (generally 2 wings, but as Scootaloo already has two wings, I think it fits just fine)
  • Lightning: Putting clarity and force into matters of importance
Sweetie Bell
  • Star: Represents celestial goodness, a good person [Edited in: Also, it seems to mean magic in Equestria]
  • Note: This one is harder, there is no specific heraldic symbol that uses a note, but there are several objects that make use of music, so I take this to imply music in general, but considering her name includes a Bell...I will go with that first, a bell, which indicates power to disperse evil.. but some other musical instruments indicate festivity and rejoicing.
Now, this is likely reading a lot more into then perhaps I should, but it fits so very well all of them.. together and individually.

Edited in: Also, clearly signs that the girls are spending entirely too much time with their sisters and their friends, the virtues of the main six are seen all over the place here

This may just be the best description and analysis of the cutie marks that I've seen. Bravo.

What about s04e14? Fluttershy sings "Music in the Treetops"

Oops, forgot about that and "Morning in Ponyville" before the opening for S3e13, as well. My mistake :blush:

Why are the CMC's still blank flanks in the theme song? but anyway this episode was the best! they FINALLY got their cutie marks after 5 seasons! they should so make a spin off of MLP & make it about the CMC's ongoing story from when the got the marks & I'm so glad Diamond Tiara got a slap (not literally) from her own friend but I'm also glad shes a nice character now because I really like her. :P

Oops, forgot about that and "Morning in Ponyville" before the opening for S3e13, as well. My mistake :blush:

Oh I forgot about that episode too! gee this episode was like a musical!

I really loved this episode. Diamond Tiara had a great reformation, and the songs were great. The Cutie Mark Crusaders got their cutie marks, which was exciting, as we have been waiting five years. I honestly thought that they weren't going to get their cutie marks. 

• Brohoof 2

This is the fastest I ever remember a song coming up in an episode and Pipsqueak is as adorable as ever.

one of the best episodes ever. Pip is cute and British so I can relate to him (mainly British)

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing Diamond Tiara's father trying to teach her better in the zap apple episode then seeing how her mother was being controlling and hating on her own daughter for not winning the election, well is anyone else here seeing Filthy Rich's constant tired look as a precursor to the first ever Ponyville divorce?

In Do Princesses Dream of Magical Sheep  we see Filthy but not his wife or filly.  Sometimes teasers can also be about what is left out.  You never see this family together.  Are her mom and dad married or is she being pushed back and forth between the two?

I love her redemption.  She needed it.  And where the story line may have lost her as a villain it gained her mother at the same time.  Mom made it clear her disdain for anyone lower than her.  And in her funky nose world of one everyone is lower than her.  I could even see her going after the mayors office for herself!

Alot happened in this episode my initial worries (because I knew that this was going down in the episode before hand) was that it would be moving too fast but I absolutely adored it they managed to pull a lot off without making it seemed rushed i especially loved Diamond Tiara's redemption it was sweet :pinkie:

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

This is a wonderful episode, and have to say my favorite of all the season. I loved how the CMC sound when they sing together, and the song "Light of your Cutie Mark" was AMAZING!!!

I also enjoyed how Diamond Tiara flipped from being mean to being good in this episode. I never really liked her in the older seasons because of her being mean to the CMC, but now in this episode. It made me respect her more.

Overall this is my favorite episode ever from all the seasons.

Edited by Crusaders Forever
  • Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I loved this episode. I wasn't expecting them getting their marks and it moved me to tears, much like Ra-Ra's song in 'The Mane Attraction' near the end.

I think it was at this point that I completely realized I was a brony and ready to admit it to myself, even though I had watched through the first 4 seasons through Netflix.

I would like to see Scootaloo be able to fly someday, but I still love her zipping through Ponyville on her scooter.

Edited by Pinky_Music

One of the biggest reasons this episode failed for me was the fact that it thought it could reform DIAMOND TIARA of all ponies. I'm not saying she can't have good in her, but her bad qualities heavily and i mean HEAVILY outweigh the good. Her reason for being a bully has been cliche for decades, and look at Flight To The Finish, where she makes fun of Scootaloo for essentially being handicapped. No matter who you are, doing something like that is pretty goddamn low. I'm sorry, but for me, Amy's final episode for FIM was a dud.

This episode is awesome because the CMC get their butt tattoos and DT and SS are no longer annoying brats. :okiedokielokie:  :angry:  :mustache:  :umad:  :comeatus:  :sunny:  :baconmane:  

• Brohoof 4