Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Long Will You Be A Brony?

SkullcandyPegasus

Everything has it's end at some point, no matter how meaningful it might be to a person. How much longer do you think you'll be a brony? and something further, why do you think your answer is a solid guess? I suspect I'll remain in this fandom for maybe a year or so more because I feel like I've already experienced most of what the fandom has to offer. However, another option is I finally begin making irl friends and they're bronies; from these friendships, I'd derive new pony-centric motivations and could possibly be here for several more years.

So what about you then? :P

I don't think I could ever not be a brony.  I'm going to like the show and watch reruns and share it with my future nephews and nieces and maybe one day if my gf and I have a child with said child too.  I'm not going to deny the fandom has gotten quiet as of late and even Animated James(a youtube brony) posted a video about a very big flaw in the fandom.  But the things the fandom stand for love, tolerance, friendship, generosity, kindness, laughter, loyalty, and honesty.  These are things to aspire in any relationship, platonic or intimate.  Because, I'm going to strive for those how can I not be a brony?

Been watching since 2013

Edited by EMT Brony
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...

At least until G5 comes out :oneheckofahat:

Then I will call myself whatever the fans will call themselves. If they keep using the word Brony, then that's fine! Pony fan for life!

• Brohoof 4

I'll be a brony until my interest in G4 or beyond fades.

Of course, now that it's been ten years since I became a brony, I don't think that's going away anytime soon. B)

• Brohoof 3

I've actually been out of the fandom for a good while. I was part of the big wave around 2010-2014 but dropped off afterwards due to eternal community drama on Twitter and other social sites that are since...very dead. Like, gone.

I'm still not really part of the fandom but like 5% of me still kind of lurks around some areas and checks out the old music creators and such. (LivingTombstone and Psychgoth anyone?) Hell, when the show ended, that 5% was pretty shocked and bummed seeing it finally wrap up. I guess no matter what, even the smallest part of me will be part of the fandom. Now recently, I've been jumping around trying to find and reconnect with some old friends I made on sites from long ago. Poniverse is kind of helping with that.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Not really sure actually, god knows when I might change my interest to something else or lose interest in the fandom entirely

Still, I'll definitely remember this place for a long while

Edited by Reality Check
  • Brohoof 1

Some fandoms come and go. But some last several generations. For example, Trekkies. No one would say now that Trek will go away anytime soon. I think the Bronies will be like that. 

I wasn't active at the start; I've never attended a con. But I'd like to still have the opportunity!

• Brohoof 1

Forever!

It does depend on how you define "being a Brony" though. I consider myself a fan indefinitely and as long as there's a convention I can reasonably make it to, I would definitely go! At least for a long time yet. How active anyone will be in the future is undoubtedly going to vary though.

• Brohoof 2

As long as I adore the show. And even if my interest would be decreasing at some point, this show still made a big impact on my life in these heavy and dark lockdown and curfews. So I'm not sure if this decision would be really mine to make.

• Brohoof 1

I actually never understand this question. Ponies became part of my identity, so I could not deny them. Just like I had a lot of other fad, too, I love sci-fi, anime, jurassic park, music bands etc. and, though,  I don't spent every awaken minutes of mine on them, I would not dare to say I denied them, or forget them. I focus on what I feel like, and even if I'm into my "not-so-pony-oriented" mood, I would not say I am not a brony anymore. 

( I use brony as a synonym for MLP(FIM)FAN; without any other connotation)

This is the reason why I don't understand bandwagonners, and those who forget their pony phrase as it would never happened. I would like to ask them: "Hey, but honestly, did you actually like this stuff at all?" As if they had a click in their brain, which they flip and 'okay I am not a brony from now on, I'm........ (insert what you want), then I pretend I have never been, and I will never look back again.'

The fact that you want to deal with something else is totally understandable, but it doesn't mean you have to forget about ponies.

So, I think therefore I will not stop being a brony.

• Brohoof 2

Think I'll always be a fan of FiM but I don't really know how long I'll still be in the fandom, G5 holds no interest to me so so it seems inevitably I'll drift away from it at some point. Things can change but that's kind of how I feel at the moment.

• Brohoof 1