Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Long Will You Be A Brony?

SkullcandyPegasus

God I dunno. I’ve been on and off a lot when it comes to being into the fandom over the years. Probably a long while until I finally forget the series at some age. 

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm closing to age when I feel no longer comfortable being in brony fandom. I'm 26 (turning 27 this week) but probably I won't be around here anymore when I turn 30. Despite that my love towards MLP:FiM (and of course Luna!!!) will stay forever with me and I keep supporting this community monthly for you everypony

Look, I enjoy the show and I don't think anything will change that. I don't know if I'll stay in the fandom and whatnot in the future, but the the show and the community will always have a special place in my heart.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'll be a fan of MLP until I die, I'm 99.9% sure!

I'll be a member of the community indefinitely, unless I feel like it has grown hostile for some reason

I'll be active in the community for I don't know how long, my interests do come and go so there will likely be both periods of inactivity and periods of engagement

I'll be a "brony" forever, there may be moments of fandom inactivity, like there was for me between 2019-2020, but ultimately, I will always be drawn to anything with the My Little Pony label, I experienced "drama" by participating in the fandom heavily before, it had deterred me for awhile, (you wouldn't believe/even want to know) I just at one time let it get the best of me, and it made me lose sight of what was so important about this fandom to me, and I only hope with time I will make new friendships that will last as long as my love for this show ..

For many years to come. If not for the rest of my life.

I'm nowhere near as active in brony circles as I once was. I don't watch FIM anywhere near as much as I used to. I don't consume fan content very often outside of occasional brony music from the good old days. I watch G5 but don't exactly keep up with it as faithfully as I did with G4. My tastes have evolved. My sense of humor has evolved. But I still love FIM. It's still up there with my favorite animated series of all time, even though I'm more of a weeb now. So I still consider myself a brony.

• Brohoof 2

Forever. I don't think my spirit can die, per se. So, I am gonna be a fan of Rainbow Dash until the end of times. Isn't that a liberating knowledge? That I have a part of this world in me now, so even if this creation is erased like it happened with the flood. Or some fiery cataclysmic event that is to come. I am gonna keep this cute little pegasus alive within my heart.
And when the future generations ask me about the origin of the world, I will tell them that in the beginning there was only Rainbow Dash, and through the colors that broke off from her original Light when she was Mirage, all was created. For nothing that was created, could have been made without her. I WILL have them build monuments and worship her, and then rub their faces on the soft mud, cobblestone, copper, iron, and gold from which I will cast a world based on the moral values of MlP FiM. C'mon, gather around and rub your faces until the monuments have grown warm with your hearts. No other pony, though. Only RD.

(Just 999 characters. I think the truth has been found at last. Let there be Light.)

Edited by They call me Loyalty

I do not intend to ever stop being an MLP fan so long as I am enjoying the content. G5's given me plenty of stuff to enjoy so far, so I don't see myself stopping being a brony anytime soon. Even if I were to outgrow the new content, there would still be lots of stuff from the franchise for me to look back on and appreciate. 

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I don't see any reason to stop being one – there are shows I still consider myself a fan of, even if I haven't seen them in years. As for how long I'll actively follow MLP content, that's difficult to say. I don't have the same interest in G5 as I did in G4, but I still try to keep up with it. Though I still haven't seen "Make Your Mark". :please:

• Brohoof 3

At the time of this post. My 10 year anniversary on being a brony will be in February. It's safe to say My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic has been a 
impact in my life. I've made friends, shared memories, heck I even got a career path started which spawned through the brony fandom. 

I still regularly enjoy Friendship is Magic and the brony fandom, but one day I know I'll simply move on from the brony fandom. 
However that doesn't distinct the fact that I'll ever stop being a brony. I'll forever love the show for what it is and I'll most likely pass my story as a 
brony to my significant other or even (if I have any) my future children. 

Brony for life 

I have no idea. At some point, my interest will just fade away. Either something new will come along and take my interest away from ponies or my interest will just gradually fade over time and I'll stop watching the show or reading fanfics.

Just like with other shows - there was never a day when I said "I don't care anymore, I won't watch another episode of this". I have some episodes of various shows downloaded that I just never get around to watch anymore. Something similar has happened with MLP, there were a couple of years when I did not watch the show (stopped before the introduction of Starlight), but read fanfics, then I resumed watching the show.

• Brohoof 1

I've been in the fandom since at least 2011, maybe even 2010. I really don't see my interest really fading.

So, maybe you'll have deer forever. :oh_golly: