Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Trying to Start a Review Show on Youtube

Nit Pick

I'm trying to get a review show going on Youtube and I don't know how to start.

The idea of the show is that I review the games story campain. Analyzing the story, pointing out plot holes, choice of voice actors (performance matters), stuff like that.  Not the controls, graphics or things stupid publishers do.

I just don't know what game to start off with. I suppose I'm hesitant because I'm worried that theres someone else who did it first. Angry Joe supports story modes and well thought out stories in campains but he goes over the controls and graphics too.

Picture it like Nostalgia Critic reviewing a movie but more nice and well thought out like Chris Stuckman.

So what do you guys think? What should I start out with? What advice can you give?

Coming from a person who really enjoys review videos, I can't stand when people over analyze things. I love hearing theories and all that, but over analyzing is like exaggerating your experience to me. I love The Mysterious Mr.Enter, but he does this a lot in his videos, and it usually makes a bad thing seem way worse than it is.

I would love to see someone talk about Mass Effect's story. c:

Edited by Sugar Coat
  • Brohoof 1

Start with being sure you want to make this cause if not you might not put a fair amount of effort in and  that can put people off. Once you are sure start answering the questions you need to answer.

What do you want to do with this?

Do you want to have other panellists on it? If so who?

How do you want to formate things?

And all the other questions you might have in your mind about something like this.

Coming from a person who really enjoys review videos, I can't stand when people over analyze things. I love hearing theories and all that, but over analyzing is like exaggerating your experience to me. I love The Mysterious Mr.Enter, but he does this a lot in his videos, and it usually makes a bad thing seem way worse than it is.

I would love to see someone talk about Mass Effect's story. c:

Right. So try not to go into a tangent and keep it more of a constructive criticism right?  :) 

Start with being sure you want to make this cause if not you might not put a fair amount of effort in and  that can put people off. Once you are sure start answering the questions you need to answer.

What do you want to do with this?

Do you want to have other panellists on it? If so who?

How do you want to formate things?

And all the other questions you might have in your mind about something like this.

This is definitely something I want to do. I'm a perfectionist on the stuff I make, I try to put 110% in my projects; at least 90%.

I will keep those questions in mind though, so thanks for that! :love:

One thing I can say is that if you are just reviewing the story, it's more like a Plot Review rather than a Game Review.

That IS true. I have a weird habit of making things harder than it already is. However you are right, it is a review of the games plot. (If there is one.)

Eh I'd have to see what your content is like before I can judge, but I can say that there are tons of Youtube channels about game reviews of all kinds and it'll be hard to stand apart.

Eh I'd have to see what your content is like before I can judge, but I can say that there are tons of Youtube channels about game reviews of all kinds and it'll be hard to stand apart.

That is true, I do need to get started on something to get better. :)