Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever stolen anything from a store?

Metallic Strings

I stole when I was younger. I stole Pokemon cards, and some bakugan once. My brother brought me into it, and I actually found it kinda fun to be devious. Of course it made me hella nervous. Always looked around to make sure no one saw. I haven't stolen in years though because I felt like I would get caught in the act sooner or later and also I grew bored of Pokemon cards. I found it kinda immoral too when I thought about it, but I don't think I'll ever steal again....

....Unless the opportunity presents itself 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Nope, I've never stolen from a store. I'm a good girl, haha. :)

When I was younger, I would sneak into the kitchen to eat some Chips Ahoy cookies, when my mom was in the shower...

Thug life! B)

...But then I would feel guilty and tell on myself.

*Thug life status stripped* :(

:lol: That's as bad as it gets for me, haha. :P

Edited by Jaxsie
  • Brohoof 2

It's strictly against the global rules to answer this in the most effective way, so I give this:

Man I raised in the trap, been slanging for years man, married to the game. Never leave even if you quit. Errbody be talkin bout how they still cryin ova dat o' pack of gum dey stole since dey was 5 or somethin. Gimme two days and I run this whole place. Fo'get the system.

* FYI that was years ago, I strive to be a paragon of humanity now*

*but on the real, you can leave the trap but the trap never leave you*

I certainly don't ENVY your guilty conscience.

Oh, I had already gone back to forgetting I had ever even done it until you quoted the post... So, nothing to be worried about. =P

I've thought about it, but I've never done it. I have stolen from other people though like when I was in kindergarten I used to steal all the lego I could stuff in my pockets. Never got caught either.

I almost did once when I was a little kid. My parents and I were at a store and I really wanted a certain toy. After they told me "no", I forgot to put it back on the shelf and walked out of the store with it. When I realized that I still had the toy in my hand, I felt so bad and walked back into the store to return it.

• Brohoof 2

I almost did once when I was a little kid. My parents and I were at a store and I really wanted a certain toy. After they told me "no", I forgot to put it back on the shelf and walked out of the store with it. When I realized that I still had the toy in my hand, I felt so bad and walked back into the store to return it.

Something similar happened to me as well, except it was an iced tea drink. I went back into the store and payed for it.

Other than that, I don't recall ever stealing anything.

• Brohoof 2

i have back in my younger days over the course of like 4 months i stole $80 worth of a book series i was 2 away from a complete collection then it closed. didn't get caught.

then later i tried to steal some food cause at the time i was homeless and got caught and had to pay over $700 for a $7.25 pack of food.. not worth 

• Brohoof 1

Why, of course I have! I was about six and I was in one specific general store in a shopping center, I saw one very interesting and random piece of plastic and figured I could use in a project I was doing at the time; I think it was a time machine. Since it’s not stealing to take the useless junk that people throw in the ground, I just put it in my pocket. Then, I wanted to go to the bathroom, which was outside the store; as the energetic kid I was, I just told my mother and I ran off the store. I didn’t know that the thing I took was the thing that they attach to some merchandise and it only is removed when people pay for the product; and, if people pass through the detectors thingys(yeah, I don’t really know how this stuff works...) in the doors without paying and, therefore, with those things still attached, the alarm will sound. Well, I had no idea of anything, and I didn’t even notice the alarm, but nobody caught me; my mother clearly was a little upset, but I think she noticed how kinda mildly innocent I sort of was, so she just told me off for it and warned me not to take random “junk” from stores; aside from that, there were no consequences. I succesfully achieved an unintentional shoplifting by the age of six and only found out about it after the fact. I felt really guilty for it for years, but, eventually, I got over how dumb I was as a kid and I finally forgave myself for it.

No sir. I remember an episode of Arthur where Arthur and Buster stole a toy robot they wanted from a store and felt really guilty after, though. But me? Never. My folks raised me better than that.

Edit: Actually... Wait. You know those dispenser things they have in some stores, with the candy and nuts and whatnot, and you bag the amount you want want and pay for it? Yeah... I stole a tiny bit from one once. But it was only a little... And I was probably like 13 so don't even have the excuse of being super little. Guess I wasn't as upstanding as I thought. :(

Second Edit: By which I mean, I just took a tiny bit out of the machine and ate it on the spot. Probably not worth much at all, but still theft.

Edited by Daring_Do
  • Brohoof 3

Accidentally stole a Hot Wheels from a thrift store once when I was like 5 or 6. Other than that, no, unless you count torrenting.

I think everyone has stolen something at least once in their lives, really. Usually when you're younger, while your impulse control is basically nonexistent.

Edited by ArDee
  • Brohoof 1

I actually left a sandwich bar, with a sandwich once, without paying - I blanked out and totally forgot to pay. I just waved off at them cheerfully as I walked out of the front door while they tended to a line that started forming. I realized I forgot to pay only hours later.

If they let you go with the merchandise, is it still thievery?

I think once when I was like.. 5 I stole a stuffed animal from the mall.

Edited by Venomous