Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever stolen anything from a store?

Metallic Strings

When I was in Kindergarten, I stole little teeny pieces of candy from a store I'd go to with my mom once a week. Never got caught either. xD

Obviously I'd never do that now, though. :P

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...
Just now, Splashee said:

Yes, as a stupid kid I did. I got away with it. But I know for sure that was just luck.

Now days if a kid steals something as minor as a candy bar from the store or what have you, its not a simple as literally slapping his hand and making him apologize and admit what he did to the owner/manager and return it now the actual police can get involved and the kid can get arrested! So stupid how we've gone down such a rabbit hole! :scoots: 

• Brohoof 1

My philosophy is why steal cash to buy things when you can just steal things instead? It’s less noticeable and that way if caught, you’ll get a less heavy fine or none at all. 

At my younger age I had stolen things from toys, to clothes, to small electronics. In teens I started switching price tag for a cheaper one instead of stealing. Never once caught, and if so, I could thank the “no chase policy”. On senior year, I grew out of it and stopped overall. Although I'd get this small temptation and urges to steal but I rather not since it’s not easy as it was back then. And because it’s wrong.

I stole a piece of chocolate toffee as a kid, and I remember feeling really bad about it :ButtercupLaugh: It didn't even taste good in the end.

Edited by Booker
Just remembered it was toffee, not taffy. Minor detail.
  • Brohoof 1

I was ACCUSED of stealing from a Walmart. But have I ever actually stolen anything? No. Just dealt with the ball-busting f***ers that are Walmart security, and almost got arrested for shoplifting. Thanks for demonizing social anxiety, society. :yeahno:

No. Well, there was one time when I accidentally walked out with an item at the grocery store after I had accidentally forgotten to scan it at the self-checkout kiosk. I realized my mistake and went back inside to pay for it.

I found out my ex was shoplifting on a regular basis, but that's another story. :lie:

Yes, several times and totally on purpose even to this day. I got the idea from my mother. I don't remember how old I was but I was small, and we were on Walmart or Carrefour in the toy section and I liked this little plushie of a lion that was part of like a papa lion and it's cub but the cub was supposed to be attached, it wasn't, it was just there. So she got the idea to just put it on her purse since it was small enough and we got out of the store and gave it to me. I was so impressed that from then on I of course thought "hey, that was easy and I got a free something". So i would test it with some stores like stealing candy or chocolates, then small toys in Walmart, plushies too.

I didn't really do it for long because I was scared to be found out and send me to jail when I got older since they would just do that, so I occasionally do it now as a cooping mechanism for when I'm feeling too anxious and I don't have money to pay. I feel calmer when I buy something but sometimes I don't have money to buy and I need something new, anything to feel a bit calmer. So I steal it. Later I feel bad and give it away.

Unfortunately yes, I have.... when I was younger (10 or younger). Ranging from candy to video cassettes of Thomas the Tank Engine. I did feel a bit of regret years later. Not much I can do than repent from it.

From a store? Never. But there was a time when I was stealing things from school on a regular basis. One time I almost went home with my bag literally packed with toys I took from the other kids; the ultimate heist. Turns out when everyone's stuff goes missing at once, people start to get suspicious. ^^;;

I haven't stolen anything since.