Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff q+a Kyoshi Q&A

Simon

Happy Wednesday!

Time for this week's Staff Q&A!  Have you liked MLP Forums on Facebook?  If you have, then you're familiar with our next staffer's work!  Today we're chatting with Kyoshi, Poniverse Public Relations very own Facebook lead!

So toss all your questions for Kyoshi below!

Thread will be open for 24 hours!

To get things rolling:

What's your favorite thing to do on Facebook?

• Brohoof 7

Hia Kyoshi! My question is why did you decide to take the job as Facebook representative?

Cuz PR has an awesome boss duh. 

What's your favorite thing about MLP?

• Brohoof 5

Hello there Kyoshi, hope you feel alright today. :)

I have 2 questions:

1. what is your favorite gaming console of all time? (PC included)

2. Is there an idea for a game that you have, that has yet to be made?

• Brohoof 1

Kyoshi is not available at the moment. Please leave a message after the meep.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Nah, just kidding. Let's do this! Round 1 FIGHT! This is gonna be fun. :3

Happy Wednesday!

Time for this week's Staff Q&A!  Have you liked MLP Forums on Facebook?  If you have, then you're familiar with our next staffer's work!  Today we're chatting with Kyoshi, Poniverse Public Relations very own Facebook lead!

So toss all your questions for Kyoshi below!

Thread will be open for 24 hours!

To get things rolling:

What's your favorite thing to do on Facebook?

Facebook in general? Or the Poniverse pages? Actually, my answer will be for both, my favorite thing to do is the stuff for Poniverse. Normal usage of Facebook is kind of a task of me going "Let's see what is going on today-I'm bored" so Poniverse has given Facebook a new meaning for me. As for a specific favorite Poniverse Facebook Activity, that has to be the Art Highlights. Giving artists from the community a chance for their work to be ine the limelight is a wonderful feeling, the artists of Poniverse deserve every bit of it. 

Good question. On to the next!

Hia Kyoshi! My question is why did you decide to take the job as Facebook representative?

Hello Infected. Interesting question. Basically, I felt inspired by Poniverse. Seeing the other staff members do what they do and seeing Poniverse grow made me want to assist with in internally in some way. It made me strive for another sense of purpose here. Personal feelings. Seeing the Facebook position was the spark that had me go for it, as doing posts such as the Art highlights that I came up with could be really fun and to no surprise by me, it has been quite fun. ^__^ I have been really enjoying it and I want to come up with more ideas down the line if possible. 

Thank you for the quesiton!

What is behind question number....3!

Cuz PR has an awesome boss duh.

What's your favorite thing about MLP?

Uh oh. Now this is a challenge. There is the fandom itself that I love, the animation, the voice talent, the characters, the morals...Infact, I will go with those. The moral aspect of the show, this season has been reminding me how wonderful that is. The overall theme of friendship that this show promotes is something that I find endlessly wonderful. Friendship is incredibly important in life and I am reminded of this everyday in this community. It is something I think all should take to heart. thinking about it even now makes me feel happy inside and without friends, I would be miserable. This show reminded me of that early on when I had almost no friends left around the time when I just started watching the show. 

Awesome question, I actually got deeper into that one then I expected. :3

Now for another question. There are definitely more, so how about number 4?

Hello Kyoshi, it's nice to see you doing a Q&A.

What is your favourite video game and why?

So happy to be doing this Odyssey! :D

Another conundrum! D: Such a tough choice...Hmmm....If I had to pick just one.....Rollercoaster Tycoon. That game is beyond timeless for me. I remember the first time I played it on a Windows 95 PC, I played it for at minimum 10 hours straight. I was glued to the screen and since then I have always loved it, it has aged perfectly in my eyes. Plus, I love the idea of theme parks even if I never go any, except Holiday World, that place is awesomeness. :3

Loving these questions so far! You all are awesome. <3

We are on a roll! Time for the number that happens to rhyme with beehive! Which is 5.

Hello! What advice do you offer to others who strive for creativity and originalyry in their works (s)

This is an interesting question. Not an easy one to answer actually. I myself have a ton of mental blocks when it comes to creativity, mostly due to anxiety and self esteem problems. One thing I have noticed though, is to not try to replicate something else completely. Such as a style, I find trying to make something similar to something else can lead to stress. It creates a thought of "If I want to make something unique, I should have the skill first to do this other thing", as weird as that might sound, that is a recurring issue for me. One big piece of advice, just experiment until you find something that resonates with what you like. Say with drawing, if you draw something and it is not what you want, take a look at it and think, what is it about it that does not make it 'click'? Go from there, add things, take things away, adjust other things. Until something that fits is made. I know that might be a weird response but like I said, I am not the best with that advice, but that does work for me, sometimes. Self esteem is an issue with me. :P

Thank you for the question though! 

Level up! Question 6(+1)

Hello there Kyoshi, hope you feel alright today. :)

I have 2 questions:

1. what is your favorite gaming console of all time? (PC included)

2. Is there an idea for a game that you have, that has yet to be made?

1. Some might think I am nuts for this, but honestly, the Xbox One. For reals too. I absolutely love it. It has a good library of games (currently the most I have ever owned for any one system) and the OS is superb and it has so many extra features too. It overall is a fantastic entertainment machine. Plus, Forza. :3 If I had to pick an older system, then I would go with SNES. The amount of memories I have playing the many games for that system is staggering and I cherish every bit of it. I had a case lined up with SNES games that I would cycle through daily to play them. The 90's man, that was pure bliss. <3

2. Ya know, this is actually an amazingly hard question. If this was asked years ago, I remember having so many random ideas for games, but over the years, I have kinda forgotten them. 

How about a constantly evolving storm chasing simulation game? That was one of my random ideas years back. It is kinda weird and I know it would be nearly impossible to pull off, but it would be really neat for me. Might not be the same for everyone else on the planet though. XD I have a small obsession with weather stuff. 

Thank you for the questions Sir Hypno. :3

More! Number 8!

What's your favorite Nightwish album?

Easy for this, Once. By far. There is literally not a single song on that album that I do not like. Actually, there is not a single song on that album that I just 'like', I love every single song on it. Ghost Love Score in particular, is one of my absolute top songs of all time and I feel inspired and renewed anytime I listen to it. I recently bought a new copy of that album on CD too. :3 I would love to see that album be remade with Floor Jansen. 

Fantastic question. 

Waiter! Oh wait, no, next question!

Who is your favorite Pokemon? I don't think I was ever told.

I will admit that I highly prefer the original gen of Pokemans so many of my favorites come from there. My #1 is Ditto, he is ALL the Pokemon! :D

For real though, my actual top favorite is Gengar. Honestly, I am not too sure why. I do love his design and he has an awesome move set, but I think a part of this favoritism to him is because of the fact that he is one of the elusive trade required Pokemon. Back in the day, I could never get this one because of it. Mainly because I barely had friends. :P So I was out of luck on it but I was always intrigued by him, way more than the others like him. So eventually I could get a Gengar and he is just pure awesome now. :3 

You have just gained +1 Stuff About Kyoshi Point(s) Thank you for the question. :)

Have I mentioned you are all super neato? Because you all are super neato! ^.^ I hope my answers are to your liking thus far. I am new to this. :P

• Brohoof 10

You are a castaway on a desert island, upon which you will have to stay for an indeterminate amount of time, and you can only take eight records (songs) and a luxury item with you: what are they (and if you want, why did you pick them)?

(Yes, I did steal this question from Desert Island Discs)

Edited by Once In A Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 1

Kyoshi, I haz multiple questions for yous:

• chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry?
  • Biker, or surfer?
  • Ice cream or cake?
  • Do you like soda floats? if so, what is your favorite combo? (Ice cream + soda)
  • If you could have one useless superpower, what would it be? (Superpowers that help no one but you)
  • Cat or dog?
  • Cheese or crackers?
  • Brohoof 1

You post a lot in the welcoming section, why is that :)

What signature, that you have designed, are you most proud of :3? 

Who is your favorite pony in MLP: FiM? 

• Brohoof 2

Hey hey Kyoshi! 

As I know, you're a pretty active streamer. What is your favourite part of streaming?

Also, what would be your favourite game to stream to your viewers? :P

Finally, vanilla or chocolate ice cream? :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I have another question.

Are you a fan of the legend of Zelda?

And if so, what is your favorite game in the series?

• Brohoof 1

• Hi Kyoshi! What is it like live-streaming with the Kyoshi Krew? 
  • Is 'Kyoshi' a ponysona or OC?
  • How have you been?
  • Land or Sea?
  • Tea or Coffee? (*insert coffee drinker v tea drinker war here*)
  • Best moment from MLP:FiM?
  • Uh... I am running out of questions... does this count as a question?

tumblr_nmekf3Dpm31srqqozo3_500.gif

The gif is not a question; just madness.

• Brohoof 2

Favorite music genre/artist? 

What would be your favorite hobby/past time? 

Anything that you look forward to in the future? 

• Brohoof 2

- Is the Glass Half-full or half-empty?

- Where did the name "Kyoshi" come from?(I get the feeling it's not from Avatar :P)

- Favorite ways to get Nostalgia'd?

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 2

Uhm, hiya...

So, I'm wondering if you've visited ALL the different parts of the Poniverse - and, if so, what do you like best about each one?

Thank you for your time.  

:squee:

• Brohoof 1

Sorry for the delay everyone, I was asleep. Quite tired I was. Now for more questions! Hoo ha!

You are a castaway on a desert island, upon which you will have to stay for an indeterminate amount of time, and you can only take eight records (songs) and a luxury item with you: what are they (and if you want, why did you pick them)?

(Yes, I did steal this question from Desert Island Discs)

Sounds like I am not going to survive long with just those so I have to pick something good here. :P 

Track 1. Ghost Love Score by Nightwish

Track 2. Judgement by The Browning

Track 3. The Scene by Dommin

Track 4. Lamb of God by Psyclon Nine

Track 5. Pure by Mors Principium Est

Track 6. Lolitas Medicine by The Legion of Doom

Track 7. Confined by As I Lay Dying

Track 8. Du Bist Mehr by Markus Sieburt

Those are 8 examples of some of my favorite songs of all time and I would have to have those with me on this awesome island of Kyoshi Strandedness. :3 As for the Luxury item...uhhhhhh.....A really comfortable couch. :D

Thank you for the question, this was an interesting one. Onto the next!

Heyo Kyoshi!

So what was the first console video game you ever played?? 

Tapping into memories! Memory mode activate. Uh. I don't know if I remember! XD I think it was the glorious Super Nintendo, but it could have been the NES. My earliest memory is with the SNES though so I will go with that. Quite the system to start with eh? :3 

Thanks for the question! ^.^ Let's answer more!

Kyoshi, I haz multiple questions for yous:

• chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry?
  • Biker, or surfer?
  • Ice cream or cake?
  • Do you like soda floats? if so, what is your favorite combo? (Ice cream + soda)
  • If you could have one useless superpower, what would it be? (Superpowers that help no one but you)
  • Cat or dog?
  • Cheese or crackers?

Multiple choice, neato. :3

1. Chocolate, definitely. Nothing can be the glorious dark chocolate. 

2. Maybe biker, if I had a whole road to myself. :P

3. Ooooooooooooooooooooh tough choice! *goes into fetal position* Chocolate cake! Choice is done!

4.I.....have actually never had one of these. I want one now. If I had to pick a combo, perhaps Sprite with ice cream? That would be interesting. It would be zesty. :3

5. The power of instant gratification. Basically, I can feel awesome for doing just about anything. I walked through a door. I AM SO AWESOME! ^__^ Oh look, it is raining. That's because I am just TOO AMAZING! ^_____^ I just burned my tongue with a pizza. That is because the pizza wanted to match my level of hot amazingness! ^__________^ Oh yeah, that would be interesting. 

6. Dog. Pugs are sooooooooo awesome and cute. :3

7. Crackers, they go so well with so many things. Soup! Stew! Life! :3

Thank you for the questions, those were quite interesting. Moar questions!

You post a lot in the welcoming section, why is that ? 

What signature, that you have designed, are you most proud of :3? 

Who is your favorite pony in MLP: FiM? 

1. This is because I want to make others feel welcome. That seems simple but being able to give others a warm welcome to a new community feels very nice and it could definitely help them get more comfortable within the site. Being in a huge community like this can be daunting and letting them know that they are among friends is such a wonderful way to welcome them aboard. ^.^

2. I am very critical of my own work so this is a tough choice, but I may have to go with the signature you see now. I have had it for well over a year and it still holds entirely true. It is a message of self acceptance or at least my attempt to do so and it also capture my love for gaming. ^___^ It expresses me incredibly and that is special. 

3. Twilight Sparkle. :3 Best pony, best princess, best adorkableness. :twi: 

Woo! Thank you for ze questions! 

Kyoshi, you alright mate?

I am pretty good, thank you buddy. ^_____^ Hope you are well. :3

Hey hey Kyoshi! 

As I know, you're a pretty active streamer. What is your favourite part of streaming?

Also, what would be your favourite game to stream to your viewers? 

Finally, vanilla or chocolate ice cream? 

Heyoooooooooooooo Raritas! 

1. My favorite part of streaming? Very good question. I think my absolute favorite aspect of it has to be hanging out with all of my friends. Being able to provide a chilled out environment where we all can just relax and chat is so awesome and it allows me to connect with others unlike ever before in my life, at least with me talking. I absolutely love hanging out with you all and seeing you all brightens my day. ^__^

2. Another good question. This is a tie between Forza 6 and Elite Dangerous, both incredibly relaxing games that are both fun and very easy to have conversations while playing. :D When I start talking, I don't shut up. 

3. Easy question. Chocolate. Chocolate ice cream all the way! :3 

Thank you for the questions! Now I want ice cream. XD 

1.Do you find it weird I have a fear of mayonnaise?

2.Favourite Nickelodeon cartoon(s)?

3.Do you like kittens?

1. Actually, no. Mayonnaise is something I have avoided for a long time a swell. 

2. Oooh nostalgia, it be kicking in. Old Spongebob is definitely up there in the to spots, but I also have to go with Rugrats. Those two are probably my top favorites. Old Spongebob is just the best. :3

3. Kittens are Kute. :3 I like em a lot. I like puppies more though.

Thank you for the questions! I am now in nostalgia mode. :P

I have another question.

Are you a fan of the legend of Zelda?

And if so, what is your favorite game in the series?

You are back! Hypnoing more are we? :3

I am a fan of the series, though not a super fan. I do love the games though. 

As for my favorite, this might be a bit cliche but I will go with Ocarina of Time. That game has given me such a huge sense of adventure through my life while playing it that only a select few games have been able to reach. It is amazing that an N64 game was able to give me such a feeling and I cherish it. ^__^

Thank you for this question of questionyness. :3

Are there any video games that you wanted to play, but never got a chance to?

More gaming questions, neato. :3

One of these is definitely Chrono Trigger, I have never had a chance to play that one and I have heard from just about everyone that the game is absolutely amazing. My brother has sure told me that. :P I need to get around to actually playing it and play it in full. Another one is...this one might seem weird, Train Simulator. I actually really want to play that. Yeah, I know, I am weird, but it just seems so fun and relaxing. ^__^ With it coming ot Xbox One soon, that will make my train simulating dreams be reality. XD

Thank you for the question good sir. :3

• Hi Kyoshi! What is it like live-streaming with the Kyoshi Krew? 
  • Is 'Kyoshi' a ponysona or OC?
  • How have you been?
  • Land or Sea?
  • Tea or Coffee? (*insert coffee drinker v tea drinker war here*)
  • Best moment from MLP:FiM?
  • Uh... I am running out of questions... does this count as a question?

The gif is not a question; just madness.

Le Master of le Sunset. Heyo. :3 Question combo!

1. It is absolutely wonderful. ^__^ I love talking with you all so much and having the chance to hang out with you all. It always brightens my day. I know I need to get to doing it more but fear not! I shall. :)

2. Kyoshi is a Ponysona. He is me, basically. I absolutely wanted a pony version of myself and I came up with Kyoshi over a year ago. one of the best things I have done in Ponydom I think. :3

3. I have been pretty decent, just feeling a lot of anxieties here and there. I have a lot of anxiety problems. Hope you are well. :3

4. Land for sure. The sea can be so unpredictable and unforgiving. Plus being stranded is no good. The only land equivalent that is horrible would be the desert. AKA Sand ocean. :P

5. I am in luck on this war, because I do not like either. Though I bet now both Coffee drinkers and tea drinkers have united against me. DX

6. The Metal Gear Solid reference in Make Friends but Keep Discord. That moment almost killed me. Literally, laughing at it actually hurt me. XD

7. Does this count as answer? Wait, it has a question mark at the end! That means it doesn't! AHHH!

Thank you for the questions. :3

Favorite music genre/artist? 

What would be your favorite hobby/past time? 

Anything that you look forward to in the future? 

Do I pick one for each? Challenge accepted. >:3 

Nightwish is my favorite band and Heavy Metal is my favorite genre. Nightwish is just absolute musical perfection to me. 

My favorite hobby? Probably video games. I know I know, Kyoshi loves games, who would have guessed, BUT, I also love talking with my friends and walking in cold weather. <3 If I could do all 3 at the same time, I would. 

Are we talking the near future or far future? The far future...well, to be honest, I am not looking forward to much. The reason is I do not have a positive outlook on the far future. Honestly looking far ahead bothers me a lot. The near future though ,that one is a lot better, I look forward to my simple enjoyments. Having a nice meal, playing some games, hanging out with friends in a stream maybe, answering more lovely questions here. Simple enjoyments are best enjoyments. 

Thank you all so much for the questions so far. <3

• Brohoof 5