Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Space in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Lunar Echo

My question here is if Equestria has an outer orbit? Is there a Space to the world that houses our beloved colorful pones. I would also like to know if we will ever be exploring this side of the show? I think it would make for an awesome Episode and a great chance to further expand our understanding of their world.

ponyville_system__canterlot_space_by_gor

Edited by Lunar Echo
  • Brohoof 2

Space, one of my favorite subjects of all time, you bet I would absolutely love this. <3 The only issue is that it would be difficult to implement into the show. The ponies would have no need for space travel of any sort but it would be awesome to have a pony that has always been fascinated with space, so much that his/her special talent has to do with astronomy. :D That would be really cool to see.

• Brohoof 2

Space, one of my favorite subjects of all time, you bet I would absolutely love this. <3 The only issue is that it would be difficult to implement into the show. The ponies would have no need for space travel of any sort but it would be awesome to have a pony that has always been fascinated with space, so much that his/her special talent has to do with astronomy. :D That would be really cool to see.

It would be amazing but I'm afraid they don't have much in the ways of vehicular travel. Their Helicopters are only at 1 Horsepower!

helicopter-playset.png?w=545

• Brohoof 2

Well, how hard it is depends on several things.

1) "What are conditions like in space?"  I've heard that some of the comics have ponies living on the moon, which means there is air there & might be air all the way to the moon. Obviously, this would make getting there a lot easier.

2) "How far away is the moon?"  The episode Princess Twilight (season 4 pilot), Discord had both the sun & the moon in the sky at the same time.  This implies a Potolomeic solar system (w Earth at the center) & not a Copernican system (sun centered) & that the sun & moon are both a lot smaller & closer than here.

This in turn implies EQ is in another dimension, one where the laws of physics are different.  Turtledove's book The Case of the Toxic Spell Dump has using magic to fly to the moon as a major subplot