Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Why isn't there an " Avengers" movie for Jason, Freddy, Myers and Leatherface?

TheMarkz0ne

Something done in the Avengers format where you get all the slasher icons together for a battle royale. I know we had Freddy vs Jason, but we want more. On youtube there's some high quality fan made versions, but I think we need a theatrical one. The super hero forumula is dead to me, now we need the slasher villains to make a comeback.

Jason

Freddy

Michael Myers

Leather Face

Pin Head 

Chucky 

Leprechaun 

Ghost Face( Scream) 

Ash Williams from Evil Dead

Have a universe that they all share and have a fun and nonsense plot. 

I think this one is pretty self-explanatory. Because the characters in the Avengers are all created and owned by Marvel. These characters you listed are owned by different people/companies, so in order to make a movie with another character, they need to get permission from them to do so. Some doesn't want their character to be featured in another film, they might think it will ruin their reputation. The Avengers already have a story that is told in the comics so it's easier to make a movie with them. They work together as a team as well, a "all horror villains vs each other" film would just be chaotic, Freddy vs Jason and Alien vs Predator was enough. It's just so hard to make up a solid story for such a film and making one just for the purpose of it usually turns out bad.

I would also like to mention that Ghostface isn't a specific character, it's just the name of the mask inspired by the Edvard Munch painting. If you've seen the films you should know that there are different killers. Also, Ash and Pinhead are not villains and none of them are featured in a slasher film. (Well, Pinhead was basically a villain in the 3rd film but that one doesn't count as it doesn't follow the way Clive Barker imagined the character, it suffers from shitty writing and screams for money.)

Anyway, the answer is pretty much:

because there's just too much effort to make it happen and once you say you don't have a solid story and you just want to throw in all characters in a "fun and nonsense plot" which makes it sound like you want to milk fans for $$$.... It just ain't gonna happen.

Oh and I almost forgot, I am aware that there are certain connections between the characters such as some of them being in comics together and Child's Play having a bunch of references, but those connections just doesn't work, they're just there to flirt with the community. Then again, we have Godzilla vs [insert famous monster here] films which worked out kind of nice but when you bring in too many characters at once it just becomes too much.

I think this one is pretty self-explanatory. Because the characters in the Avengers are all created and owned by Marvel. These characters you listed are owned by different people/companies, so in order to make a movie with another character, they need to get permission from them to do so. Some doesn't want their character to be featured in another film, they might think it will ruin their reputation. The Avengers already have a story that is told in the comics so it's easier to make a movie with them. They work together as a team as well, a "all horror villains vs each other" film would just be chaotic, Freddy vs Jason and Alien vs Predator was enough. It's just so hard to make up a solid story for such a film and making one just for the purpose of it usually turns out bad.

I would also like to mention that Ghostface isn't a specific character, it's just the name of the mask inspired by the Edvard Munch painting. If you've seen the films you should know that there are different killers. Also, Ash and Pinhead are not villains and none of them are featured in a slasher film. (Well, Pinhead was basically a villain in the 3rd film but that one doesn't count as it doesn't follow the way Clive Barker imagined the character, it suffers from shitty writing and screams for money.)

Anyway, the answer is pretty much:

because there's just too much effort to make it happen and once you say you don't have a solid story and you just want to throw in all characters in a "fun and nonsense plot" which makes it sound like you want to milk fans for $$$.... It's just ain't gonna happen.

- I know Ash isn't evil

- I know Ghost Face is multiple people.

I was just stating characters and thinking a grand movie would be a great idea. 

This would be a licensing disaster but also, I think this would be a really, really boring movie. :P I mean, it is basically a mash of a bunch of super killers that never seem to die. It would sure be violent, but most likely with little to no real substance. So it would basically be like the Avengers movie, just rated R. XD

This would be a licensing disaster but also, I think this would be a really, really boring movie. :P I mean, it is basically a mash of a bunch of super killers that never seem to die. It would sure be violent, but most likely with little to no real substance. So it would basically be like the Avengers movie, just rated R. XD

Do people go and see Godzilla for a lesson in philosophy? No, they want to see monsters fight each other and wreck everything. The slasher villains are the same way. It was always about the creative death scenes and what you can do to make the character's lore interesting. Comic book heroes are a different story and are a different formula league of their own. 

I don't think slasher films need a comeback. They had their moment in the 80's. Anything done today would just be for nostalgia's sake. It's a formula that can't be advanced on. People getting torn apart my a crazed killer? Done a million times. A dime a dozen. You've seen one, you've seen them all. True horror is psychological & suspenseful. Gore and jumpscares? Very cheap and lacking in tact. And slashers aren't all that scary cause they aren't relateble anymore. There are scarier things on the news than in a slasher film. 

Horror is taking a turn towards lighter tones, mainly PG-13, to draw in the teen demographic. We all know it won't be very scary, but this is the movie business. Money first. Art second. Hence why my parents were laughing throughout the new poltergeist film. 

it is basically a mash of a bunch of super killers that never seem to die

And this. Exactly.

If there would be a "all villains vs each other"-film how would they decide which one that should win? Well, they can't. They'll piss off some fans no matter which character they give the victory to. The tie ending would be known before the film even started.