Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Do you have any shiny Pokemon?!?

iceestarz

So far I only have two lol. One I actually like and the other I hate but can't get rid of for reasons.

In Pokemon diamond I actually got a shiny drifloon on a Friday when one was chilling by the valley wind works. I evolved it and it's chilling in a box in my X version. While I was looking for a sableye the other day for my boyfriend I actually ran into a horde of mime jr's and one of them was shiny. So I caught, evolved it and I'm honestly really creeped out by my mr.mime :lol:

Do any of yall have any? Or ran into one in one of the games?

Edited by iceestarz

I have the Shiny Gyarados... and a few other event shinies. Let's see...

Shiny Legendary Dogs (Suicune, Entei, Raikou) (Gamestop event)

Shiny Creation Trio (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina) (Gamestop event)

Shiny Garchomp (Reward in B/W for something or other)

Shiny Haxorus (B2/W2 Full Pokedex reward)

Shiny Whimsicott (AN ACTUAL SHINY THAT IS NOT SOME EVENT THAT I CAUGHT ON MY VERY FIRST DAY PLAYING BLACK AND WHITE)

Shiny Metagross (ORAS Event)

I have a shiny Ninjask a kid in school gave me a couple years ago to help beat a gym battle since he had 2 lol. 

I have a shiny Gyarados

The only shiny Pokemon I've ever ran into randomly is a shiny Magikarp

Hacked or traded for most of mine though I did have a couple legit ones. The first was a machop on y but I traded it for a version exclusive. The second was a koffing I randomly ran into in the Eucretic burnt tower on soul silver, though the game got corrupted and the data was wiped. My last legit shiny was a wurmple with the craziest story behind it. I was borrowing alpha sapph fromthe local library and had just started the game and was wandering around the first route (after JUST getting my dex and the ability to catch pokemon (pretty much a half hour in)) trying to fill out my usual team (Mudkip, Zigzagoon, Taillow) and I got distracted from the game. A battle started and (thank faust I had my ear buds in) I heard this strange sound. Fearing that either my game was glitching or that I'd found a shiny I whipped my eyes to the screen. A wurmple had popped out of the grass. I took one look and was like "either I was looking away long enough for the color to fade from my memory, the sunlight to cause the shade to change on screen, or that is an off colored wurmple.". Captured the lover and checked it's stats. Nothing. Swapped it to first slot and entered a battle. Instantly confirmed. Unfortunately my buddy didn't swap me in time to save it before I had to return the game. 

I caught a shiny rapidash in Pokemon gold (no, not the remake), a shiny woobat, a shiny vullaby and a shiny charizard. Charizard took a very long time, I used the masuda method to get it and I think I overpopulated kalos with level 1 charmanders. I also have a shiny lugia I got from the GTS. It's definitely hacked or RNG abused at best, it has 6 IV's maxed, but it's still very much a valued part of my collection.

I managed to marathon a save and start over session with a legendary and I got a shiny Palkia on Pokemon Pearl (No Action-Replay) yeh hh So many hours on G4 you if only I could find half my games again

I have a Hoppip, an Unfezant, a Zorua, a Floatzel, an Absol, a Riolu, a Sigilyph, a Sylveon and a Hawlucha that are all Shiny. None of these are hacked either. This isn't all what I have, though. I actually have plenty of Shiny Pokémon. Like around thirty of them, haha. :P

Edited by Odyssey

• 1 year later...

Well, events and forced finding notwithstanding. I don't really count such things as chaining or breeding for them as I don't really find that, I dunno, natural? Though I have gotten a lovely little male vulpix I named Shining!!!(you have to pronounce the exclamation marks when you call him) and a pretty little female chartreuse octillery  with those methods.

Just stumbling on them in the wild is pretty rare, though as I've played most every generation I have my luck & my stories. My first was a bluenosed Diglett that caught me by surprise in the Diglett tunnels outside Vermillion, so that had to have been the revist gens of FireRed or LeafGreen.

Found a male doduo south of Blackthorn city, but I'm doubting as to whether they even show up there, so I could be remembering that wrong. The Doduo line is my second favorite pokemon species because of Hunter, so named after the shade of green his little balls of feather fluff are!

I've kept my little shiny buddies moving up though the generations with me as often as I could, still have the lot of them with me in my newest X version and hope Moon has some option to too. I suppose event shinies don't count, but I have come to love the gyrados from Lake Rage too. I see him like he was forced to evolve too soon and he's basically a big dumb magikarp trapped in a fifty-foot serpent's body. He wants to be friendly but as he's not used to his body its hard for him to talk without speaking below an ear-bleeding roar. "BLOODRED ONLY WAN FRIIIEEEEEEND!"

Back in Black version, had the good luck for some guy to just randomly trade me a big ol' shiny Snorlax. It doesn't show up too well, but I love my Big Ol' Lardball!

Haven't had much luck since those earlier versions, but recently just outside of Snowbelle city I had the good luck to find a shiny of my favorite grass type, Victrebeel! Named her after what I usually call them, Kusunagi, after the legendary japanese blade that also goes by the name of The Grasscutter. Fitting considering Leaf Blade and the various other plant cutting moves.

Oh, and for those of you with worse luck or still in anticipation for your first shiny, I suggest keeping a couple Quick Balls on you at all times. Rarely have I had one fail me when tossed on the first turn!

I had 3 Shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire: Shiny Beldum event that was ended 2 Years ago and It's now Metagross holding a Metagrossite, Shiny Chimchar I hatched after 8 Eggs for Chimchar (which is now a Shiny Infernape) and a Shiny Turtwig that I hatched after 241 Eggs for Turtwig

My friend was always the shiny hunter having been able to boast a large variety of shinies. In order to compete with him I went on a massive hunt of my own which ended in a rather nice result. You see my favorite pokemon is eevee so I went on a hunt for it and ended up a year later with the having somewhere around 100 shiny eevees. I would have different shinies but I traded those for eevees ;3

This is sad question for me. Why? Out of all the Pokemon games I have played, I have NEVER caught a single shiny Pokemon. That bothers me. Seems it takes an incredible amount of luck, but I think breeding is another way to do it. Never experimented with that either. No shinies for me. :c

I've caught some shinies yes, but not that many. My first shiny was Heatran and at first I had no idea she was a shiny until my best friend told me. I also have two shiny Nosepass from the same friend safari (I originally had three but gifted one to the said friend) and a shiny Empoleon from wonder trade.

Yes I do the list would be a long one I breed shiny pokemon, I have been catching shiny pokemon since generation 2 so I have caught a lot of shinies through random encounters, I have caught multiple shinies of the same pokemon within different games, I have gotten shiny pokemon through wonder trading and I have some legendary shinies I like to shiny hunt in the games.

Edited by chaosprincess