Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

All deleted scenes from Friendship Games

Apexiled

I think it's really interesting that they cut out an entire subplot. I suppose they thought having Sunset Shimmer desire to go back to Equestria would be sending the wrong message or something. I did really like Twilight and Sunset's duet too.

Perhaps it'll be used in EqG 4?

I just saw the deleted scenes on the Blu-Ray and I have something to say about the original duet version of "What More Is Out There"

While Sci-Twi was singing on her way to Principal Cinch's office, Sunset was singing on her way to the EG version of Sugarcube Corner (Sweet Shoppe in the novelization) to meet Princess Twilight!

How ironic that Sci-Twi's lyric, "another me I haven't met" most likely must have originally meant to mean Sunset, not pony Twilight, considering that it cuts to Sunset singing her lines after that.

The Blu-ray and DVD even have audio commentary about the deleted scenes, talking obviously about how the deleted scenes would have made a very different film. I can't transcribe it all and I don't have the time now. But I might sum up some of the commentary in future posts.

I will leave you with this though: the commentators did refer the Crystal Prep Twilight as Sci-Twi. Sounds like they've been paying attention to how we fan-nickname the characters. ;)