Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This ad...... BURN IT WITH FIRE!

Kivil

I can confirm, like many users here that this Brony Dating site is definitely a Scam. It might give your computer malware and your money will be gone.

Yup. It is 100% scam-central

This is my reaction to this ad.

I don't understand it either

• Brohoof 1

Based on what others have said about the site, it sounds exactly like the furry equivalent. FurryMate is rather notorious for the exact same things. Maybe this should be brought to the admins' attention, though I have no idea whether they will care.

I'm rather surprised there isn't a good brony dating site, though. I think there are fewer furries but we have multiple legitimate dating sites. My best hopes for romance might be the femboy groups, honestly, so that's where I will place the most effort eventually.

Edited by Roketsune
  • Brohoof 1

Based on what have said about the site, it sounds exactly like the furry equivalent. FurryMate is rather notorious for the exact same things. Maybe this should be brought to the admins' attention, though I have no idea whether they will care.

I'm rather surprised there isn't a good brony dating site, though. I think there are fewer furries but we have multiple legitimate dating sites. My best hopes for romance might be the femboy groups, honestly, so that's where I will place the most effort eventually.

I doubt the admins would do anything.

This is funny more then anything. Ha well i guess there is a web sight for everything now.

There probably is. Just haven't seen it yet

''Safe and Fun''. Somehow I highly doubt that LOL. The Advert is very cringeworthy indeed. It's not even Satire.

This is, IMO, the best satirical advert ever.

Yeah. And yes, the spinning effect is wierd, it looks like it was cut out from paper. I think the moral is, don't go on something cringeworthy.

Edited by ScarfaceOne
  • Brohoof 2

I'm glad that most people understand that it is all a scam

However, they still have sizable following. I checked their Twitter and Facebook.

Facebook: 15 615 likes

Twitter: 5092 followers

That being said, is possible that number of those followers/likes are by fake accounts, but considering amount of interaction I'm inclined to believe they do in fact still have many legitimate fans. Also, while advertising video appears to be made by non-Brony, their Twitter and Facebook seem to indicate that they do in fact have Bronies working for the site. So... I don't know. Maybe is Bronies trolling Bronies or, devil's advocate, BronyMate is legitimate but is very poorly presented.

@@RoketsuneSpeaking of FurryMate, Facebook page of BronyMate liked FurryMate along with FurFling. I'm wondering whether one decided to have similar name to the other or if BronyMate, FurryMate, or any other potential XMate are owned/worked on by same people.

It's a scam dating site. Honestly, it's just boosting the stereotypes most have about bronies. 

Anyone who uses that site should preferably go outside.

• Brohoof 1

Before I type anything else, I agree that this site is a scam and should be burned with digital fire.

HOWEVER... at least it is a dating website and not a hookup site. You got to at least give it that. I did sign up for a free account just to see who is on there. And yes, there is a large percentage of bronies on there and barely any pegasisters (or bronies again to those who prefer it). Some of which looked to be valid accounts and some where looked like it was taken by a professional photographer. Then I saw the prices. From what I recall it was $29.99 just to have the privilege to receive messages (and other things but I forgot). So yes, I can affirm that this is a scam. I did cancel my account faster than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

I remember seeing the trailer for this site in a cringe compilation. I don't even think it's made by anyone who watches the show. The narrator pronounces it "brawny". I can't believe this site isn't a joke, I mean have you seen the trailer? It's ridiculous, it's hilarious. I can't take it seriously, lol.

Even if it wasn't a scam or whatever, the idea of this website is still wildly stupid.

I feel bad for the dudes actually using it.

btw here is the trailer if you haven't seen it.

This is the most hilarious and most cringe worthy thing I seen this week, thanks!. I think whoever the narrator was pronounced it "brawny" because of the accent, but I have seen a Southern accent and they pronounced it perfectly though.

Edited by Zach

So...should we inform a mod that its a scam? :o So they can block ads from this site?

I remember seeing the trailer for this site in a cringe compilation. I don't even think it's made by anyone who watches the show. The narrator pronounces it "brawny". I can't believe this site isn't a joke, I mean have you seen the trailer? It's ridiculous, it's hilarious. I can't take it seriously, lol.

Even if it wasn't a scam or whatever, the idea of this website is still wildly stupid.

Oh, god, this voice physically hurts to listen to.

I once had 3 pony Facebook pages(a Derpy Hooves, Starlight Glimmer, and Tree Hugger page), and on my most popular one(Starlight, it reached around 2,500 likes) I once shared their Facebook page as a "share 4 share" thing, and I apologize for sharing the page of a scam site. My lost my pages a month ago since I used a fake name for my personal account (the same as my name here), now I can say one good thing about losing my pages. I'm kinda curious, what other fandoms have they tried to scam w/ dating sites.

So...should we inform a mod that its a scam? :o So they can block ads from this site?

Oh, god, this voice physically hurts to listen to.

They wouldn't do anything.

Oh my ra that video

So cringe worthy

I can't

Wow..... I dont mean to be rude, but god that was hilarious to watch! I found it more of a joke than real on any level. I do agree that theads might need to be monitored a little more to find scam and spams like these.

I heard it was a scam anyway. Scam or not though, what's the point of a site like that? Why limit yourself to only pegasisters? Sure, similar interests in relationships tends to be good but more than one show? I would rather date a girl with the same interests as everything but MLP than vice versa. Besides, just because they like the same show as you doesn't mean they will necessarily be a nice person.

• Brohoof 2

U couldnt be more right Chikorita! I didnt even consider thinking that far into it, knowing it was fake and just thought it was funny. These days and times though, not many people understand what chemistry really means between 2 individuals.

• Brohoof 1