Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is the show going to wrap itself up now?

Mesme Rize

Going to come up and say I think you're being WAY too optimistic here. Ratings are dropping as are general internet traffic and Especially google searches for FIM.

There's a good chance toy sales are in a decline, and Hasbro ususally likes to pull the plug before things get to "bad" levels and reboot (like how they ended prime and rebooted it)

If it's coming off that way, I apologize. Like I said in my first post in this thread, I do think that the show ending soon is a genuine possibility. I just think that the community is being way too UNoptimistic about this whole situation.

If it's coming off that way, I apologize. Like I said in my first post in this thread, I do think that the show ending soon is a genuine possibility. I just think that the community is being way too UNoptimistic about this whole situation.

Oh no, I didn't mean anything personal about the way you were stating it XD

I just disagreed is all ;)

I really hope it's not the end of the show.  In my opinion Season 5 is the height of the show, all the other seasons were leading up and have gotten better over the years but Season 5 has done so much, and now with the changes that happened in the episode today, there are lots of new opportunities.  

I hope the show keeps going after the movie.  What would be nice to see is the show gets a little stale near the end in the last season, and then it ends.  So it's not really leaving anything hanging off of a cliff, or leaving any plot holes or undeveloped characters or things left unexplained, like Fluttershy's, Applejack's, and Rainbow Dash's parents (with exceptions of Applejack possibly not having parents and Rainbow Dash's dad), or more things from the fillyhood of all the ponies, etc.  It kind of gives that feeling that the show should end because it's time.

I feel like there's still a lot the writers could write about without the show losing interest.

Edited by shy0wl
  • Brohoof 1

It's been a wild ride, still is for the show's remainder. I hope Season 6 isn't the last and I'm hoping the five year thing is true. I'll admit I've grown attached to the show. It's been a great show and I've always to looked forward to seeing new adventures with these characters I've grown fond over the few years I've been watching this show and I do want to see more of them. But should the movie be the end then so be it. I'll be sad to see it go but it's had a good run. We've had 5 excellent seasons and they've all been good, Season 5 has shaped up to be the show's best and who knows, Season 6 might be even better and the show will go out on a high note. And when it ends we'll still have something to look forward to, whether it be Gen 4.5 or new Generation entirely. We'll have a brand new world following the adventures of new characters.Yeah, it won't be FiM, nothing can really replace it but we might have something just as good, maybe even better. Really, it isn't the end I dread, it's the wait in between shows.

Edited by The Coffee Pony
  • Brohoof 3

I was thinking the same thing. When I was watching the new ep in equestria.tv, someone in the chat said, "This show must really be on it's last legs if the CMC got their cutie marks." (Note: That's not exactly what he said, but it was something like thatit right h.) Then I realized...

• Rarity opened her boutique in Canterlot.
  • Twilight has her own castle.
  • Rainbow Dash is close to becoming a wonderbolt.
  • Cadence and Shining Armor are going to have a child.
  • The CMC got their cutie marks.

Combine that with the confirmed 6th season and the movie in 2017(and what Hypno said about the staff in the OP), and it all ties together.

The 4th generation of MLP may end in the next few years.

Sums up right here, but I will repeat myself from earlier:

"In my time, I've seen a lot of cartoons end, but they do end as do all things and MLP: FiM is no exception. Cartoons end,but they make new patterns for a person to make a better one. Newer cartoons will come that will make MLP:FiM proud." 

So dont be sad that it ended, not only be happy that this show happen,but also be hopeful for the future

• Brohoof 3

I think the show is definitely going to end, it just seems inevitable at this point (damn it, shoyru, you got into the ponies too soon!), but at least we will still have memories of all our favourite episodes, our time on these very forums, conventions and (if you ever go to any of them) meetups, as well as memories of everything the Brony community has done, and will continue to do, and this includes fanfiction. The show may end, but its legacy will live on, and hopefully forever. Sure, I'm not confident in how much I'll be able to "Brony" after the show ends for myself, as I do have big dreams that I've been motivated to follow, in part because of the ponies, but I'll make sure to pop into MLP Forums every now and then (even if I have to use the Wayback Machine), and on occasion, I'll watch my old-by-then DVDs of pony, now including Equestria Girls, because, as much as I used to despise it before the Friendship Games, it is as much a part of MLP: FiM as any pony episode. Besides, even the past two movies had their moments, I'll give them that, and as the saying goes, "All good things must come to an end.", as much as I would love to see more of MLP: FiM for as long as possible, I think its best Hasbro starts focusing on G5 (which I might check out, even if it won't feel the same), as well as some of their other franchises that are nowhere near as fortunate as MLP is. 

Edited by shoyrumaster11
  • Brohoof 2

I think there is a difference between wishing and being realistic. i must say, that i don't see any need for the show to go on past Season 6/the movie. Every arc will probably be closed by that point.

I think the show will not end after the movie but since i love the show very much i might be living in denial, I'm hoping the high number of fans will save it as it did before, who knows it is possible.

Edited by FrozenSpark
  • Brohoof 1

I see the big movie being the end of the series, we still have season 6 to look forward to before that, so we have at least a couple of years. Granted, thinking about it now, it kinda saddens me, but it all seems to be having a good buildup so I am happy for that. As long as season 5 ends on a good note with the finale, then I am happy still. The finale to season 5 is currently the only thing that I am worried about. I want to enjoy the show to its fullest until the very end. ^___^

Honestly, I don't want the show to end, not anytime soon. Watching today's episode and quite a few episodes this season overall have reminded me why I love this show so much and the fandom and how much my life has changed because of it. I still want to experience that even more, but at the very least we still have a couple of years. 

• Brohoof 3

I think the show will not end after the movie but since i love the show very much i might be living in denial, I'm hoping the high number of fans will save it as it did before, who knows it is possible.

Yeah. I think you're absolutely right, FrozenSpark. The show will NOT end after the movie as long as we have an higher number of fans like us!

Season 5 was unofficially announced by some of the staff (as in they assured it was in production and gonna happen), so just yet. 

We're in season 5 right now.

We're in season 5 right now.

Shit, I mean S6.

I'm having one of depression episodes where I barely know what day it is, so disregard my broken internal clock.

If G4 was going to end after S6 and the movie, Studio B should just go HAM and destroy all of the headcanons bronies have developed over the years.

"Because yes, let's piss off the fandom that was almost solely responsible for making us the must popular and successful cartoon in years, and the biggest generation of MLP ever by a massive margin."

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

No---the show was recently greenlit for at least another 5 years.

No, the G4 brand was greenlit for another five years. And that was almost two years ago now. The series most likely end at the movie.

2015 - Season 5 airs.

2016 - Season 6 airs.

2017 - The movie premieres. THE END! It's been a good run everybody, and thank god the series ended on a high note.

2018 - Hasbro liquidates G4.

2019 - G4 is officially over; no more G4 toys.

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 6

(Friendship Wrap up- short ver.)

(Song is too long to post in full. Someone can write their own extended version, if they want)

6 years of mane 6 ponies. 3 squirts, and dragon, too.

We bronies watched the show with glee. Hiatuses made us blue.

But now FiM's coming to its end. We're prepared, though we might cry.

So long, FiM ponies, we loved you lots. Now, it's time to say goodbyyyyyyyeeeeee.

The time has come to close FiM, though, we welcome a new spring.

Like CMC, its left its mark. And so, we Bronies sing!

Watched ponies grow and made friends along the way

FiM may meet its end, but little ponies are here to staaaaay!

Friendship wrap up, Friendship wrap up!

Get ready for one last premeire!

Friendship wrap up! Friendship wrap uppppp!

Cause soon, season 6 will be here!

And a movie topping the tier!

The fanbase faced oppsers, yes,

but we've but up a fight.

Turned haters into friends and shown

We do FiM's morals right

Creatives made Fanart, cosplays and crafts

FiM may end, but its mark and friendship will laaaaaast!

We laughed, we cried, we got upset

Through Gen 4's story, though

We shared a love we won't forget

Even when FiM has to go

With a 7 year run, FiM outlasts all the other gens

But we don't forget its roots. We're ready to bring G5 innnnn!

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 5

"Because yes, let's piss off the fandom that was almost solely responsible for making us the must popular and successful cartoon in years, and the biggest generation of MLP ever by a massive margin."

You overestimate our power and sales. While Its nice to think that, We're in the minority compared to the sheer purchasing power of the intended audience. I wouldn't put bronies over 20% of the sales at this point, especially with all the bronies that jump ship in S3 and S4.

I'm sure it's safe to say that the movie might be the end of it for the FiM franchise. G4 will go on to the end of the decade as Hasbro reboots all of their franchises by the decade. EqG is a question mark; the fourth movie has been announced but not really anything beyond that. It's likely to continue after FiM ends. There is also the scant possibility of there being another series, or continuing as shorts and specials from the end of the show to the end of G4.

I don't think we'd have much to worry about when G4 ends. Hasbro learned a lot from this and will likely implement what they learned here into the next generation.

• Brohoof 3

Well MLP:FiM is song is coming to a close, I knew the day was coming for a long time 

Well of course it has to end eventually. It'd matter when you guessed it'd be coming to an end, if you guessed 2+ years ago I wouldn't say thats an entirely accurate assumption.

I'm sure it's safe to say that the movie might be the end of it for the FiM franchise. G4 will go on to the end of the decade as Hasbro reboots all of their franchises by the decade. EqG is a question mark; the fourth movie has been announced but not really anything beyond that. It's likely to continue after FiM ends. There is also the scant possibility of there being another series, or continuing as shorts and specials from the end of the show to the end of G4.

I don't think we'd have much to worry about when G4 ends. Hasbro learned a lot from this and will likely implement what they learned here into the next generation.

Unless it gets nearly as big as Pokemon. If it sells that well I doubt they will want to give it up so soon even if they planned to. But who knows. With others working on new projects it does seem like it may very well be the case.

Yeah. I think you're absolutely right, FrozenSpark. The show will NOT end after the movie as long as we have an higher number of fans like us!

I do suppose not all the writers are taking on new projects, so it may be possible, but considering also the toy evidence above it might be more likely they would produce a spin-off off of G4 if anything.

• Brohoof 1

You overestimate our power and sales. While Its nice to think that, We're in the minority compared to the sheer purchasing power of the intended audience. I wouldn't put bronies over 20% of the sales at this point, especially with all the bronies that jump ship in S3 and S4.

I meant successful as in amount of content, we have:

Three movies (two of which came to theaters)

Several chapter books

Two ongoing comic series

TWO detailed collector's grade guides to the show

Five seasons totaling 117 episodes with another on the way (the original TMNT was 193, to give you an idea of what long-running is for a cartoon)

Numerous high-quality toys

Clothing

FOUR trading card sets (one of which is a full-on TCG)

A mobile game

Chances without feedback from older fans and the money we spend on that more expensive stuff, we wouldn't have it.

Edited by Shoboni