Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fluttercord or Dislestia?

shutterflychaos

• 4 months later...

Absolutely Fluttercord. Everything about them is so adorable especially the whole 'fluttershy taming discord' beauty and the beast story. Maybe if flutters and discord weren't friends like they are I could see Celestia and Discord. It could make sense since they are practically like Equestria 'gods.'

And omg its so cuuuute how discord is protective of fluttershy ;)

Of course it won't be a thing on the show (kids show and all) but I think the producers will continue to hint at an innocent relationship/friendship time to time.

If we are choosing between the two, Fluttercord. Dislesita just doesn't have the backing to make a compelling ship for me. I get the reasoning behind it for some people, but as far as I'm concerned out of the two of them Fluttercord has the better evidence

That being said Flutteshy is clearly already taken  :kindness:

large.jpg

Flutterhugger four life  :squee:

Dislestia all the way! <3

I promise I won't write my essay about why I love them here, though.

Ain't nobody got them for that, including me right now. But let's just say I have a LOOOOOOT of reasons for it.

And I has art I made!!

good_morning_to_you_by_shadobabe-d8m9ghl

I love Discord and Fluttershy's relationship, but I kind of see it more platonically.

Best friends, brother/sister... Heck, sometimes she feels like his MOM. So while I totally get while OTHER people like it, if I had to list romantic Discord ships from favorite to least favorite, Fluttercord is pretty much on the end. I'd romance ship him with Treehugger before I'd ship him with Fluttershy. XD

Edited by ShadOBabe

I prefer to ship Princess Celestia and Discord rather than FlutterShy and Discord.

I think that Princess Celestia and Discord look really good together and I think they would make an adorable couple.

I would choose Dislestia over Fluttercord. The number of fanart that I have seen and some fanfictions don't have to tell me otherwise, and I can see a more possibilty of Princess Celestia and Discord having interest with one another than Fluttershy and Discord.

I want to say Fluttercord because her relationship with discord (despite what it's labeled) is one of the more interesting things about Fluttershy.

Oddly enough Celestia, despite character  development and adequate screen time, has shown enough of her personality for us to see her a prankster herself only within bounds. I actually do think she'd appreciate his antics more than Fluttershy who is his friend because she's a sweet pony and quite possibility finds somepony so different than her fascinating and of course, she wants to help as out of loyalty the Celestia's request and the goodness of her heart.

While I don't do the whole shipping thing, Flutters and Discord just go so well together because of their contrasts. One of the best friendships in the show in my opinion. I never really understood why Dislestia was ever a thing. They don't seem to have any chemistry whatsoever so where's the couple potential there? 

I go for Twilight and Discord to be honest. I love Discord's relationship with Fluttershy.......which is why I DON'T ship them. I prefer their awesome chemistry to remain platonic. Whenever Discord wants to get away, he'll have a friend to visit and confide in. It only makes sense Fluttershy will be that friend. 

Discord and Celestia I accept more as a "history" thing. I've always enjoyed the headcanons where they were each other's first love. But I don't ship beyond that. 

I really don't like Fluttercord. I mean, Discord is a godlike creature who seems to be immortal and Fluttershy is a normal pegasus. Besides, I must say I was never a big fan of Shippings between Ponies and non-pony races, especially when the one is a big dragonlike creature (That's why I am also not a fan of Sparity). 

But I must also say that I am not really a fan of any Discord shippings. The only one I like is Dislestia, but I am also not a fan of it.

FlutterCord has entire episodes dedicated to them and obvious ship teasing in S5 and IDW comics. It's one of the most likely pairing getting canon before G4 end.

Celestia hardly get any screentime and she already had romance with Sombra. Not to mention not a single develoipment of frinedship with Discord. I can't even understand why there is a shipping war between FlutterCord and Dislestia when Diselstia was always a fanon tier pairing along with FlutterMac. TwiCord or LunaCord may be the one worthy of opposing Fluttershy but Celestia is just not interested in Discord and show staff already stated that they don't like that ship.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...