Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is the most righteous out of the mane 6?

Nylon

Depends how we decide to measure. Which depends ont he precise definition of the word righteous. 

'right·eous

ˈrīCHəs/
adjective

1. 1.
    (of a person or conduct) morally right or justifiable; virtuous.
    "he is a good, righteous man, I am sure"
    synonyms: goodvirtuousuprightupstandingdecentMore

2. 2.
    USinformal
    very good; excellent.
    "righteous bread pudding"'

The highest virtue I would say is the frequency of acting with proper knowledge and understanding of events leading to the good of people.

Without understanding for instance we can not be sure our methods are righteous or only perceived to be righteous.

And we can understand everything and still get nothing good done.

Thus the ability to act correctly with the proper understanding defines the highest virtue. All other virtues fall under understanding and/or proper execution.

And if we have an inherently evil person doing only good for the world, they can be considered righteous. So I think its the results not personality which matter.

Judging from results Pinkie recruits the most friends and makes them happy faster than Fluttershy. I think we cannot say a person is lesser or greater than any other person except when they are evil (to be politically correct) thus aside from BATS where Fluttershy was the most righteous there, I think Pinkie was the most righteous for her good acts. But Pinkie also can cause big issues too like Too Many Pinkie Pies.

So idk who, but if I wanted to go and check and measure the quantity of helped vs hurt with each pony then I could also measure the duration of helped vs duration of hurt, and measure the animals as people too. But then we would have to count Twilight saving all of equestria (with her friends to be fair, but ultimately it was down to her decision a few times), and Flutershy's psychological long term impacts on ponies. 

To be technical Fluttershy would win as Discord is immortal, and pwoerful, and turning him from bad to good will impact the rest of eternity positively.

• Brohoof 1

'right·eous

ˈrīCHəs/
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of a person or conduct) morally right or justifiable; virtuous.
    "he is a good, righteous man, I am sure"
    synonyms: goodvirtuousuprightupstandingdecentMore
  2. 2.
    USinformal
    very good; excellent.
    "righteous bread pudding"'

Thank you for this!

Personally, I could see it being Twilight. I know that's such an expected answer, but she was chosen by Celestia to become the next leader of Equestria. I feel like I remember something about in order to be a princess, you need to represent a little of each of the elements? Could be my mind messing with me, but that's my opinion.

To be technical Fluttershy would win as Discord is immortal, and pwoerful, and turning him from bad to good will impact the rest of eternity positively.

Didn't think of that!

Edited by Hero
  • Brohoof 1

Personally, I think it would be technically Fluttershy as in 'currently'...but also personally, I think they're all balanced in a way.

Just that some are expressing it more than others in their habits.

Fluttershy and Applejack are both strong contenders, but I'd say Twilight, personally. Twilight has consistently been put in difficult situations and ended up making the correct choices. She's not without the odd blemish on her record (Lesson Zero is a major one), but then again, none of the Mane Six are perfect.

I'm going to be that guy who says either no one or everyone.

Twilight has slipped sometimes in regarding what's right when she's heavily stressed out. Too many times to count but if those who mentioned twilight needs examples:

Replacing Rainbowjack with Spike when she was getting tired of the Mane 5 acting like.jerks and didn't care where Rainbow was at the point (The Return of Harmony 2)

She was one of the main ponies who didn't believe Discord would reform and even after he reformed, she never truly saw him as a friend until the battle with Tirek. It was then she truly forgave him and that was an applause worthy moment.

Applejack slipped as well...like that time she lied at her own will thinking it's best for Granny Smith.

So on and so further even with Rainbowdash, Fluttershy, Rarity AND Pinkiepie.

There's righteous and then there's what they think are righteous. No pony is more righteous than the other

All of them are righteous in their own ways, but in other ways less so. That said if I had to choose, I might pick Twilight as she seems to more consistent than the others, but she is not without her flaws/

I would say Applejack.

Twilight sometimes takes Spike for granted, plus in the first few episodes she was sometimes a jerk to other ponies.

Both Rainbow Dash and Rarity can be Selfish at times.

Pinkie Pie often (unwittingly) courses trouble (cloning herself).

Fluttershy can easily be led or doesn’t stand up to people/her beliefs at times.

Of course they are all righteous in their own ways.