Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which MLP characters are you most like?

ManaMinori

I often see topics where people ask others which one character they might be like. In reality, people are complex creatures. They have more than one character trait that defines them. And throughout the 5 year history of FiM, we've been introduced to many characters, from ponies, dragons, zebras, and buffalo, each with their own unique characters. So, compile a list of characters you feel that you're most like.

To get the ball rolling, I'll go first. I feel like I'm a lot like Spike, because I've always struggled with self identity, who I'm meant to be, lack of self esteem, even when I do manage to accomplish something of importance, still struggling when people praise me for it. And, like Spike, feeling like a fish out of water, among people who are vastly different from me.

I'm a little like Big Mac, accustomed to being silent and bottling up my feelings, until someone cares enough to take notice and pry them out of me.

A bit like Moon Dancer, distancing myself from others and avoiding friendship, due to having been hurt by people in the past.

A bit like Fluttershy, where epressing myself and speaking up because fear of how I'd be seen by others doesn't come easily. Also, love of animals, and prefferred isolation. Also, like Flutters, a bit of a doormat (not proud of it)

A bit like Diamond Tiara, accustomed to being raised spoiled rotten and getting what I want, and getting upset when I don't get my way. (Which I'm not proud of) As well as being molded by others all my life, telling me who to be and what to do, and carrying a lot of resentment.

A bit like Sunset Shimmer, learning to stop relying on other for answers, and having to find them, myself, and adjusting to dealing and learning about friendship.

A bit like Luna, accustomed to feeling like my contributions aren't appreciated, and letting my rage and pent up frustration and sadness turn me into a monster.

A bit like Twilight, due to my love of books.

Yeah, I'm a pretty horrible person, with the worst sides of ponies (and dragons) making up my personality. But I'm trying to work on it, and grow. One baby step at a time, if MLP has taught me anything.

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 3

A bit of Sunset Shimmer, because I use to be super rude and hurtful towards everyone for the benefit of myself, but I changed..and am now slowly learning to become close friends with others,and help out where I am needed the most.

A bit like Moon Dancer, because I still have trouble talking and discussing things with others..I'd rather be locked in my house tending to the things I want to know...but I want to help...I want change, and help out with others.

A bit like Fluttershy because of my sometimes shy and sheepish nature

A bit like Sonata Dusk because of my weirdness and ignorance towards somethings, and love of tacos.

And lastly, a bit like Pinkie, because I can go crazy sometimes, and I can be really hyper.

I would consider myself a mix of Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash.

in what way are you like them?

A bit of Sunset Shimmer, because I use to be super rude and hurtful towards everyone for the benefit of myself, but I changed..and am now slowly learning to become close friends with others,and help out where I am needed the most.

A bit like Moon Dancer, because I still have trouble talking and discussing things with others..I'd rather be locked in my house tending to the things I want to know...but I want to help...I want change, and help out with others.

A bit like Fluttershy because of my sometimes shy and sheepish nature

A bit like Sonata Dusk because of my weirdness and ignorance towards somethings, and love of tacos.

And lastly, a bit like Pinkie, because I can go crazy sometimes, and I can be really hyper.

it's good that you're beginning to change. Sunny's redemption arc was beautiful and inspiring. It's no easy task, though, speaking from personal experience, and I'm sure you're already aware of, through your own experience in turning over a new leaf.

Glad you're putting yourself out there to help others. That's always better than just focusing on yourself. (You could also say you're like the CMC, in that way, if today's episode was anything to go by). I'm hoping to do the same, soon. I feel like doing so would help me at least get my mind off my overwhelming depression and anxiety with inescapable situations at home.

I would say, out of all the main characters, I have the biggest mixture of traits from Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Twilight and Luna. Interesting combo no? Probably not. :P

Pinkie Pie: She has a very child-like personality and in a very good way. She is very innocent and is able to really enjoy what she enjoys without much worry. I am a lot like this and this is one of my biggest relations to any of the ponies. Also, like Pinkie, I have an issue where I am sometimes paranoid about losing my friends. It is a rough fear to have at times. :\

Fluttershy: I relate to her because of my anxiety over so many little things and many, many social problems. A conversation between me and her would be a never ending "umm" and "uhh" fest. XD

Twilight: This is a lesser relation, again due to social awkwardness since Twilight used to have that at least. 

Luna: This is another one because of her self guilt. I have problems with not liking myself and blaming myself for so many random things, that is where that comes in.

Flutters and Pinkie are the ones that I am most like, in combination.

60% Sunset Shimmer

25% Pinkie Pie

10% Princess Luna

5% Rarity

10% luck

20% skill

15% concentrated power of will

5% pleasure

50% pain

And 100% reason to remember the name.

But in all seriousness

I often see topics where people ask others which one character they might be like. In reality, people are complex creatures. They have more than one character trait that defines them. And throughout the 5 year history of FiM, we've been introduced to many characters, from ponies, dragons, zebras, and buffalo, each with their own unique characters. So, compile a list of characters you feel that you're most like.

To get the ball rolling, I'll go first. I feel like I'm a lot like Spike, because I've always struggled with self identity, who I'm meant to be, lack of self esteem, even when I do manage to accomplish something of importance, still struggling when people praise me for it. And, like Spike, feeling like a fish out of water, among people who are vastly different from me.

I'm a little like Big Mac, accustomed to being silent and bottling up my feelings, until someone cares enough to take notice and pry them out of me.

A bit like Moon Dancer, distancing myself from others and avoiding friendship, due to having been hurt by people in the past.

A bit like Fluttershy, where epressing myself and speaking up because fear of how I'd be seen by others doesn't come easily. Also, love of animals, and prefferred isolation. Also, like Flutters, a bit of a doormat (not proud of it)

A bit like Diamond Tiara, accustomed to being raised spoiled rotten and getting what I want, and getting upset when I don't get my way. (Which I'm not proud of) As well as being molded by others all my life, telling me who to be and what to do, and carrying a lot of resentment.

A bit like Sunset Shimmer, learning to stop relying on other for answers, and having to find them, myself, and adjusting to dealing and learning about friendship.

A bit like Luna, accustomed to feeling like my contributions aren't appreciated, and letting my rage and pent up frustration and sadness turn me into a monster.

A bit like Twilight, due to my love of books.

Yeah, I'm a pretty horrible person, with the worst sides of ponies (and dragons) making up my personality. But I'm trying to work on it, and grow. One baby step at a time, if MLP has taught me anything.

I'd say I'm very much like this, remove the Diamond Tiara and Sunset Shimmer traits.

Remove Twilight too I suppose, I like books but I haven't read many :derp:

Not only are we usually complex enough to be some of these characters, as we age we change so that we can pick up and drop some as we mature (or fall apart in some cases). 

Me from 7-18

Lightning Dust's arrogance and careless abandon

Trixie's highly elevated sense of self worth

Early Twilight's thirst for knowledge

Applejack's value placed on family   

Me from 18-20

Lightning Dust's arrogance

Diamond Tiara's (pre today) ability to be mean spirited

Gilda's anger

Sunset Shimmer from EqG and her sense of entitlement

Filly Applejack - Need for family bond broken, but not shattered. I yearned for something more

Me from 20 +

Twilight - thirst for knowledge, occasional self doubt

Applejack - Family and work ethic mixed with a little stubbornness. 

Rarity - her element 

Out of all the characters, I would say I'm most like:

Twilight: For loving to read stories, wanting to learn something new and practicing it, and sometimes worrying over the tiniest detail.

Pinkie: For being hyper, random, and trying to help make others happy.

Fluttershy: For being kind, shy around others, and sometimes being quiet when talking to others,

Luna: For feeling like I'm overshadowed by others and for things in my past that I regret, but to need to move on and not look back on past mistakes.

Moon Dancer: For not knowing what to talk about when talking to someone and having some trust issues because of some things in my past.

I can relate to all of the characters in some way.

Like Twilight Sparkle, I enjoy learning and I am very organized.

Like Rarity, I am a girly-girl and I care about my appearance.

Like RainbowDash, I can occasionally be selfish.

Like AppleJack, I love my family and I love apple dishes.

Like FlutterShy, I can have difficulties in social situations and I love animals.

Like PinkiePie, I enjoy laughing and being random.

(edited)

According to multiple tests on the Internet and real life experiences and how people in real life see me :

I am definitely Fluttershy.

Edited by PsychoShy

I'm most like all my favorite ponies.

Twi: I'm like her because people say I'm smart.

Button: I'm like him because I'm a huge gamer.

Scootaloo: I like bad*** stuff.

Snowdrop: Several things she says in the video I can relate to. "I'm working on my own" or something similar to that is something I relate to. I prefer working on my own rather than groups. I hate partner/group activities. "The princesses will just.. laugh at me" Yea. I feel like a lot of the things I do are laughable attempts at trying to do or make something good. I feel like the mug and pinch pot we're making in art class is sloppy and laughable, along with a lot of other things I make/do.

I think I'm most like Twilight because I relate to the sort of Panic attacks that she has when something isn't going her way or something isn't perfect. And that self doubt that she has is very recognizable as well.

Edited by Pucksterv