Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you rather have friends or life meaning?

Lil Pip

Its a little similar to asking would you rather have friends or a cutie mark, but I figured it should be more than just that.

Is it possible to be alone and satisfied and have nothing wrong with you for doing that?

Or would you rather be with friends and clueless about what to do with your life?

• Brohoof 1

My life purpose has already been granted. keeping my friends happy and together. Sure we fight and all, but if i have friends, my life always has meaning. So i'll choose friends.

My experience with "friends" hasn't been all that great.  Nearly all of the people I've considered friends have either proven to be false or just drifted away after a while.  Casual acquaintances are okay but I don't really get involved with others on a personal level these days.  So, on that note, I'd have to go with having a cutie mark.

• Brohoof 2

Why can't one have ALL the things? Friends and purpose/meaning.

I choose all the things, and I claim them for the blue team.

• Brohoof 1

Friends, because I'm not someone struggles to find my life purpose anyway. But I do get lonely.

Of course you do, ENFP. Of course you do. ;)

Neither, for me. Friends? One to three is sufficient, but I'm fluid enough that I can drop in and out of people's lives with little issue. Problem with friends is that it often involves a lot of...friendship, and I rather enjoy having time to myself.

Meaning in life? Only has the meaning you make of it and, though I'm not a nihilist, I'm not troubled by it not having one.

Just going with the flow.

I don't get it... Should i? Probably.

Fickle is similar and related to indecision. 

fick·le
ˈfik(ə)l/
adjective

1. changing frequently, especially as regards one's loyalties, interests, or affection.
    "Web patrons are a notoriously fickle lot, bouncing from one site to another on a whim"
    synonyms: capriciouschangeablevariablevolatilemercurialMore

Both and here is the game breaking answer you are not just defined by yourself your friends can define you and in turn you find meaning of life in your friends and those around you. Well that is what I think.

I'd have some life meaning, please. Although I do agree that friends very well may give meaning to one's life. I'm not afraid of solitude, maybe because I'm one of those people who like to be left on their own, but I desperately need meaning in my life. Sadly, it keeps eluding me for all those years...

• Brohoof 1

Even with my abysmal social life, I would still go with friends. Honestly, I feel like my meaning in life is to just be happy and enjoy what I like, not much more than that. Having friends makes me happy, so that is one of the best possible things for me. Without friends, I would be pretty miserable. 

I'd have some life meaning, please. Although I do agree that friends very well may give meaning to one's life. I'm not afraid of solitude, maybe because I'm one of those people who like to be left on their own, but I desperately need meaning in my life. Sadly, it keeps eluding me for all those years...

Agreed.

In honesty, I can't recall a single instance in my life where a friend has made any noteworthy contribution to my life.  If anything, they've led to disappointment and resentment for the most part.  

Hence I put little stock in friendship and much prefer to keep my own counsel.  And after so many years, the solitude has become the norm with me.  Being in any sort of social environment where I might actually make a friend is so uncomfortable to me I just avoid such places.

I'm not really sure anymore if this is what I actually prefer or if it's only what I've grown accustomed to.  Either way I'm not about to start bucking the trend any time soon.