Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you rather have friends or life meaning?

Lil Pip

I don't believe there's an objective point to life, but rather subjective ones. For me, it would probably be both, as friends help make shitty life worth living + I hope to be come sort of contribution to our crumbling world 

I would rather have life meaning. ONLY IF I still am allowed to have friends. I like to think I have the social swegger, and can pick up a ton of friends like I did through High school and College. But like another pony stated, I think friends do help you realize your talents and true interests. Thanks for the question m8

Personally I have some of the greatest friends I could've ever asked for. Even though life is really messed up for me right now, and I'd LOVE to know where it's gonna go, I wouldn't trade my friends for anything in the world.

J.Brony - a quick and mostly accurate way to determine whenever your preference for solitude is inborn or learned the hard way is to consult availible data about your preferences as a kid. If you were sociable, but not anymore, you got burned and now prefer not to touch anything for it might repeat. If you always prefered to be on your own, then congratulations: You're what society calls a "loner" (and you get a brohoof from the guy who's the same in this respect). Research shows it's a natural preference, not a disorder, so nothing to fear about.

ooBrony - I'm afraid you're right. you can't completely detatch your life from other people, unless you're a hermit (even Moondancer didn't, even if it looked that way). And possibly every possible "meaning" of one's life eventually comes to a phase when you give something back to society; be it a new invention, support you give your loved ones etc. Even if you wish to be a pro videogame player, you have an audience, your competitors and so on.

On an unrerlated note: it's interesting how many of You mention about struggles or lack of purpose. I guess it's a byproduct of our age.

• 2 years later...

The "meaning" of life is to reproduce, as seen from a natural perspective. Anything beyond that is applied from a human and subjective point of view.

So with that said, I choose friends.

I would rather be with friends, even if it means being totally clueless as to what I should do with my life. At least I'd have those I love with me, I couldn't stand living a lonely life. :please:

• Brohoof 2

I'm one of those people who believe there is no meaning to life.

That being said, I'd rather spend my life searching for one, than having friends.

I'd always had a clear sense of direction for my life and all I ever wanted was for everyone to stay out of my way and let me pursue it. This didn't happen. Instead I have many friends and lots of family members that have altered my course significantly. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I love the people close to me and I'm starting to see that it's not always what I want that defines my journey in this life, but what I can do for others on their journeys. If it wasn't for family and friends reminding me of a long-forgotten childhood dream, I would not be doing what I'm doing with my life right now. And that's a significant one for me. So instead of being all about ME, ME, ME, it's more of an equitable give and take, as it should be.  

Lol more of those “pick your poison” threads :P .

I care way too much about self image and how others see me. I suppose I could either have life meaning and not have anyone to appreciate me, or have people to depreciate me... I guess the former :wacko: ? Surely you can’t have no friends, although IRL if it weren’t for my ensembles and work I really wouldn’t see anyone outside of family almost ever :wacko: .

Friends, please. I'm already generally lost in life without a clear meaning or even dreams for the future, but friends keep me going. Even if I wouldn't know what to live for in the first place. The thing I live for is friends.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...