Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Grand Galloping Galla RP 2015

Your Nightly Spectre

(edited)

@,

"Ah... yes, where are my manners... At ease, Golden Strike I believe? " Star would salute him back, glad to have something take some pressure off the moment... up until...

"I'll leave you two lovebirds to catch up

An all new blush appearing on him as desperate as he tried to hide it Star spoke back.

"We're n-not... love birds." He answered awkwardly, this sounding so damn weird in his head.

Edited by TheLonelySpectre
  • Brohoof 1

Princess Celestia

@@Yoshi89@@Lightning Bliss

She did take some enjoyment of greeting her subjects, Celestia admitted to herself, especially those who seemed so excited to meet her and where it seemed that the very act of shaking her hoof made the gala all worth while. It was in such moments the meetings seemed so brief, and the princess thought back to one such mare who had shown such excitement. She had noted that her subject had gone to the bar, perhaps she might join her at some point.

On what she would get, Celestia would get a glass of punch as well a small selection of treats and snacks. A slice of cake was always nice, though she felt waiting on that would do her good. The princess did not want her subjects to see her go for such first, avoid giving them the wrong idea. Once she had everything together, she would levitate the drink and plate with her before noticing that Bliss heading away from the crowd and outside.

After a moment of consideration, worrying that it was still too soon, the princess would sigh before moving in the direction of the mare who Celestia knew probably wanted to avoid her.

((If it is too soon for Bliss and Celestia to meet, some pony could delay or stop the princess... or I could edit my post.))

Mythos Gray

@@AmberDust

The unicorn would grin softly at the Amber's blush, always glad to see his words having such an effect on mares. With forehoof intertwined with hers, Mythos would guide her towards their destination, though after giving the mare a moment to check her reflection.

Perhaps not, though I do try to always be careful not to keep such lovely company waiting,” Mythos would say, though clearly glad all was well as he had worried somewhat of there being a delay or some challenge.

Listening to Amber's words of admittance, he would chuckle before saying, “This is my second, though they were not those of the last two. From what I was told they were quite... entertaining.” He would sigh, continuing in a less amused tone, “It was one of the last times I had met with somepony dear, a friend I have not seen in quite some time.

On how to act and what to do he would offer, smiling to put aside the words he had said before, “Just follow my lead, you need to keep calm and try to stay confidant. Believe fully that you are supposed to be there and that you are a pony worth getting to know by others. That, and just try to have fun.

On Mythos seeming to be comfortable and dapper he would say to Amber, “Well that comes with practice, and dealing with the Canterlot elite often whenever I am here. You learn the ins and outs in time.

Onto my performance,” he would say, pausing for dramatic effect and admitting, “perhaps a bit, though mostly because I am not sure what the princesses will think of it. The subject is perhaps quite sensitive, even perhaps quite private.

((Hmm, it kind of looks like the flower is in the way a bit, covering the necklace. Perhaps it would it be better in her mane?))

@,@, @

Fantasy Moon and Crescent watched as the pair left, the former sensing jealousy coming from the latter as he watched them walk away.  But she knew from experience that his jealousy was child-like and would go away in a few minutes.

However, that was besides the point.  She didn't realize that her face had gone red from Aria's little comment.  But she still had trouble making eye contact with Dark, so she turned toward the window.

"...It has."

• Brohoof 1

@@Akari of Duskshire,

Star also watched as they went away, once more leaving him in a very awkward situation, turning back to Fantasy still remembering the comment he still averting her gaze and seeing she was doing the same to load off the pressure.

"Well..." I levitate the white rose over to you, smiling lightly. "So, how was... everything. "

Come on, wake up, Dark Star. Talking to a mare was never THIS awkward, why start now?

"You are... looking beautif- I mean, your dress... for the Gala... is beautifu- pretty.... "

I'm an idiot, I should repeat that to myself more often.

• Brohoof 1

The unicorn would grin softly at the Amber's blush, always glad to see his words having such an effect on mares. With forehoof intertwined with hers, Mythos would guide her towards their destination, though after giving the mare a moment to check her reflection.

Perhaps not, though I do try to always be careful not to keep such lovely company waiting,” Mythos would say, though clearly glad all was well as he had worried somewhat of there being a delay or some challenge.

Listening to Amber's words of admittance, he would chuckle before saying, “This is my second, though they were not those of the last two. From what I was told they were quite... entertaining.” He would sigh, continuing in a less amused tone, “It was one of the last times I had met with somepony dear, a friend I have not seen in quite some time.

On how to act and what to do he would offer, smiling to put aside the words he had said before, “Just follow my lead, you need to keep calm and try to stay confidant. Believe fully that you are supposed to be there and that you are a pony worth getting to know by others. That, and just try to have fun.

On Mythos seeming to be comfortable and dapper he would say to Amber, “Well that comes with practice, and dealing with the Canterlot elite often whenever I am here. You learn the ins and outs in time.

Onto my performance,” he would say, pausing for dramatic effect and admitting, “perhaps a bit, though mostly because I am not sure what the princesses will think of it. The subject is perhaps quite sensitive, even perhaps quite private.

"'Lovely Company' appreciates it", Amber said with a smile, starting to get in tune with Mythos's charming ways. It had been a while since they had last spent time together, but she was already beginning to feel comfortable around him again.

The mare listened attentively as Mythos reminisced of the the past Galas. Yes, she had read in newspapers that they had been chaotic in a big way, but that just made them interest her more. What she wouldn't give to see Discord's magic in action! From a safe distance, of course. It's a shame Mythos missed them, too, she thought.

When he suddenly made mention of a lost friend, Amber's smile dropped. She knew it wasn't her business, but felt disappointed when he turned the subject away so quickly. The mare bit her tongue for the moment, and listened as Mythos taught her on the ways of the Canterlot elite.

"I'll try my best to be confident," she said, smiling once again. "I can't promise much more than that, though." she added. It would be easier for her fitting in with a nest of dragons than it would be with the Canterlot elite!

"A subject private to the Princesses?" Amber echoed, in a faraway voice. Her eyes glittered with curiosity, as they often did.

"How do you mean?" She asked. Her mind began to wander, recalling the legends and stories she had heard about the royal sisters long ago, before Nightmare Moon's return. The story of The Mare In The Moon is a sensitive one, for sure, she thought, but it would certainly be difficult to play out with one stallion... It then occurred to Amber how little she actually knew about Mythos's performance, and she pulled her head out of the clouds to hear his response.

I don't know how far Amber's hotel is from the Gala. I'll leave that up to you.

Edited by AmberDust

@,

Before Fantasy Moon could take the rose, Crescent took it.  It slipped out of his grasp and he swooped down to retrieve it.  The sight calmed her somewhat, even when she received that compliment.  

Shifting awkwardly, she just looked up at the moon, took a deep breath, and said,"And you look fine tonight."

@,

"Oh, I know I do," she replied airily. Aria was not by any means a vain mare, but she did make sure to look good on any occasion, even when running to the store for groceries. "The dress was from my favourite tailor in Manehattan. Called it Monotone. He truly knows his way around a pony." 

As the pair approached the ballroom, the sound of strings once again resonated with her. Judging by the progression, a calm yet sorrowful melody, Aria guessed that the song was at the bridge. It would be a matter of minutes before she needed to take the stage, if but for a time before the next musician took over. Whilst she did enjoy performing, she also did not want to miss anything that might unfold during her absence from the crowd.

I suppose I do need time to warm up before the true performance, though... she thought ruefully. 

(Mobile post)
@@Lightning Bliss

Enzo glanced at Khris unsurely as the white alicorn ran away.

'(Enzo) should I follow her?'

'(Khris) probably, the night is still young, the mission can wait.'

Enzo let out a small sigh and took after lightning bliss.

'(Enzo) agreed. We can ask Dark star for help later, he's ( probably ) our friend.'

The stag caught sight of Dark star and Fantasy moon together. It didn't take the iq points of a potato to understand that something was going on between them

'(Enzo)ohhhhh would you look at that. Yup, he's occupied anyway'

Enzo trotted into the castle courtyard after lightning bliss. He quickly found her, standing calmly in the moonlight, examining a flower. With quiet steps, he trotted and stood next to her, eyeing the flower. He commented:

"That rose isn't grown very naturally. I can sense foreign magic within it."

Enzo turned towards the alicorn, a flicker of concern in his eyes.

"Is something bothering you? The gala too overwhelming?"

He smiled a a little.

"Would you like me to tell you a story?"

Edited by Guest

@@Akari of Duskshire

Star chuckled, lightly brushing his armor. 

"Thanks... took me a good while to shine it properly. I also my neck collar keeps getting a bit cricked, is annoying. " 

Did I just say a full sentance, oh joy, progress. 

"What brings you to the Gala? Isn't exactly a cheap casual party. "

Star kept looking down more on the ground and her hooves.

@,

Hearing that something is wrong with his collar, Crescent flew over to the stallion and tugged at his collar, not really understanding what was aesthetically pleasing to ponies or that he may find it uncomfortable.  Fantasy Moon just chuckled, barely audible even in this more secluded part of the event.

She glanced up at Dark Star, taking note of his looking toward the ground, concluding he was just as tense as she was.  So she just levitated a folded piece of paper to him, which read:

Dear Fantasy Moon,

Despite your unusual absence, your considerable talent has come to our attention.  If you would be willing to put together a performance for this year's Grand Galloping Gala, you will be granted access to everything this wondrous occasion has to offer.  Feel free to work together with our other hired professionals if it is your wish and their's as well.

We expect a response within a week.  Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

The Canterlot Society of Nobles

@@Akari of Duskshire,

Star couldn't help but smile at the help of the little serpent, also chuckling lighty. His eyes perked up as Fantasy slid the letter, and grabbing it with his magic he read it with interest.

"Oh... you'll be doing your amazing magical drawing, or are there some talents I missed?" He smiled a bit more, but then stood unknown what to say and where to take this conversation.  

@,

Fantasy Moon hesitated a bit, partly due to shyness and partly because indeed "magical drawing" wasn't her only talent.  So her only answer to that was a small nod. 

"I didn't... didn't think this would happen."  She crossed her hooves, still gazing out the window, still trying not to make it obvious that her heart was pounding.

(edited)

Joining her sight at the window he totally understood what she meant, blushing a bit too... the way she was acting, same as him shy about it, the general awkward atmosphere.. Was it possible...? 

"Neither did I... but I can't say I mind. " 

Smiling, trying to make a positive atmosphere questions would keep going over his mind, deciding it was best to take a safe approach but knowing it will be almost impossible.. with that was going on now it was clearly something was going on both sides. 

")i-.." He would pause, ending the though before it really started as anything, once more engraving the area in an awkward silence.  

@,

Golden smiled. "I think i might know that tailor. I have a lot of tuxeodo's that are sewed by him, he is quite the genius if i have to say so myself" Said Golden. Golden always made sure to look more then presentable, because that's how he was raised. He loves fashin too, so that helps his looks. He looked at the clock, and remembered that he needed to patrol the ballroom soon. He stopped a nearby waitress that had a tray with wine, and took the two glassses. He took a sip of the whine, the robust, rich, caressing whine flavour flowing in his mouth. Golden's eyes widened "A Barolo? That's quite fortunate that i have stumbled upon this whine, eh?" Said Golden, waiting for the mare to drink it.

@,

For a moment, Fantasy Moon was confused.  She was referring to being requested to perform at such a big event as the Grand Galloping Gala, then she reevaluated her words and realized what else they could mean.  By Luna's moon, why is it so easy to be misunderstood?  Then again... she could hardly believe she was seeing Dark Star again.

Then she heard him speak up.  Almost imitating the way she suddenly perked her ears up, Crescent's head lifted up to face Dark Star.  "Hm?"

@@Akari of Duskshire,

And so she asked the piercing question, and knowing that dodging it would make him look even more worse and awkward out the situation even further he just decided to finish his though.

"I'm... glad to see you..." Star would finish a bit awkwardly, the way he put those words being so darn weird in his head, but being far too late to edit them in any way.

"I-I mean it is good to see you... agh. " He would try and fix it, but end up with quite much the same thing, still hardly making any sense and only deepening the awkwardness of his words.

@,

The awkwardness being in sharp contrast to his seriousness in reaction to the horrors, trauma, and zaniness of what they and others had been through, Fantasy Moon found herself humored, even thinking it to be rather adorable.  But still, she knew she appeared unaffected and she wanted to keep it that way, despite her mind and heart feeling otherwise.  And she knew that the last time she looked into a mirror, her blue eyes were still under a shadow.

So steadily, she replied,"And you."  Crescent locked eyes with her for a moment before she nodded and he flew over to Dark Star, coiling himself around his neck.

@@EquestrianScholar,

As Ruby Shears shook the hoof of Princess Celestia, she took a moment to analyze her radiant mane with glittery eyes. I actually touched her hoof! the excitable middle-aged mare squealed to herself as she entered the ballroom. As Ruby looked around, her ears picked up classical music swelling from one corner of the room, filling the entire arra with their peaceful symphony. Ruby sighed happily to herself as she walked across the floor to the bar area, a cool, refreshing drink on her mind.

@, @@Tapfire (NinjaWulv),

Ruby arrived at the bar and overheard a conversation between two pegasus stallions about the different kinds of residents from Ponyville and Cloudsdale. Having never been to either town and knowing nopony from either place, she could not offer any input. The thought of being a pegasus in Cloudsdale intrigued her for a moment but the demands of the Weather Factory made her head spin. "Have you been to Ponyville before?" she asked the red stallion. "I haven't so I can't judge based on how you think they're better than Cloudsdale. Then again I'm not a Pegasus either

Flamestreak took a look at the pony who Promptly entered the conversation. "I've visited ponyville a few times when I was a foal and had the opportunity to partake in a race there a long while back, Its pretty quaint and the ponies there are very nice and all but, Cloudsdale is a much better place to live in my opinionFlame Insisted. It was easy to tell he was biased, It was the place he grew up in after all. "But before I continue I have to ask, Who are you? I don't mean to be rude or anything but you did kind of barge into the conversation without warning. ​Flamestreak remarked casually. 

Edited by KingFl@me1990
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Akari of Duskshire,

Okay, no, I am not messing up tonight...

Star would lightly facehoof his consciousness back inside, looking around for a second before facing her again, remembering what exactly they've been through, and talking to the mare was not going to be something suddenly impossible.

"Okay, enough of me being an idiot who can't talk to people... You wanna go get a drink, hang out, enjoy the gala?" With his hoof he would pat the serpents head. "Your 'Pet' can come too. "

@,

"Oh," Ruby replied with two chuckles. "Please forgive me for intruding. Sometimes I just can't help myself from slipping into conversations like that. I didn't mean to be rude either." The light purple earth pony blushed slightly as she accepted her drink at the bar. Just ten minutes into the gala and she had already acquired the perceived snooty behavior of the unicorn crowd. She sipped her drink with the intention of allowing its creative juices to flow into the conversation she had with the two pegasi. "Well, my name is Ruby Shears and I'm a manedresser from Bucklyn. We're a tight-knitted community where I'm from and it's a great escape from the bustle of Manehattan. This is my first time here in Canterlot."

• Brohoof 1

"Ruby huh? I like that name! He said with a smile. Also, This is my first time in Canterlot as well." He chuckled at the coincidence...He took a glass of water from a waiter' carry plate before continuing "A Manedresser?" He Asked, raising an eyebrow. "So you do ponies hair, then right? Well, No offense but I Don't really care too much about my appearance, I usually just brush my mane for a little while until it looks somewhat neat, Although my sister might be interested in something like that." He Took a sip of his water "What do for a living is athletics, Competitive Flying to be more precise. My ultimate goal however is to become a Wonderbolt but that hasn't exactly gone to plan." He explained with a bit of a frown. "So for now I'm content with just training and competing in races for charity and such." He added scooting his seat closer to Ruby. "So what is a beautiful mare such as yourself doing here?" He asked.

Edited by KingFl@me1990
  • Brohoof 1

@,

Ruby giggled at Flame's choice in mane-styling. "I figured as much," she replied. "My clientele does consist of mostly mares, anyway. Once in a while, I do get stallions but most of them don't care very much about how their manes look." She thought for a moment about what to say next when he mentioned his dream of becoming a Wonderbolt before he asked what she was doing at the gala. "Oh, I'm here to just get my hooves wet," she said, "and perhaps expand my business. Everypony who comes to my salon are local. Once in a while, I get ponies from out of town but they're always there for just a session only." She thought a bit more of what to say next as he scooched closer to her. "Be the way, you haven't told me your name yet."

• Brohoof 1

@@Yoshi89,

"My name is Flamestreak, but most of my friends call me Flame I prefer both"  He said, He took another sip of water. "*Gulp* I think its great that your taking this opportunity to expand your Salon. Very Business-savvy of you."   He said, Winking at the earth pony. "The only reason I'm here is because I won a ticket from a race in cloudsdale." He explained taking another sip of water..."The race wasn't even competitive most of  the participates were just fooling around, And the ponies who were actually trying weren't very good." He complained. He took a final sip of his water and put the glass on a random waiter's carry plate. "So what is bucklyn like? It sounds pretty interesting. ​He said curiously. 

Edited by KingFl@me1990

@,

The offer gave her pause.  Not only was there bound to be even more awkwardness, Fantasy Moon had a reason why she was in this particular spot in the first place.  And indeed, why she often made herself scarce at gatherings such as this.  And Crescent butted his head into Dark Star at the sound of being called a "pet".

"...You're no idiot."

@,

We'll see how fortunate you are...

Balancing the glass in her hoof, she swirled its contents to let it breathe. The resulting aroma she inhaled had noticeable traces of oak, whilst the colour, though naturally light, suggested the drink was still in its youth. It was undoubtedly a Modernist variety, if indeed it was Barolo at all. Preferring the Traditionalist's soft but tannic taste and structure, she considered the glass for a moment before passing over it.

"Perhaps another time," she said, hoofing the glass back to Strike. "As it is, I must be off. Guests to entertain and whatnot. I wouldn't wish to impede my ability to play just yet."