• Gerald Ford
    • Jimmy Carter
    • Ronald Reagan
    • George H. W. Bush
    • Bill Clinton
    • George W. Bush
    • Barack Obama
    • None

"Speak softly and carry a big stick." - Teddy Roosevelt, one of the manliest, most badass motherfuckers in American History

sig-4148866.teddy_roosevelt_vs__bigfoot_

Didn't the Teddy bear get named after him after he spared some bear cubs on a hunting trip? 

If that was him, then the art work you put up is really ironic.

---------

I choose Obama because gay marriage is a thing now.

I can finally thank you without being sarcastic. 

• Brohoof 1

Interesting poll idea.  Talking about presidents is funny because you'll generally get a bunch of flak if you say you like any modern president.  As in, anyone who is still alive, or was president when we were alive.  Like, to be safe from flak, you have to go to the oldies.  Nopony's gonna criticize you for liking Lincoln, you know?

I actually voted Obama.  Besides being such an important historical figure in terms of progress, the guy's just so charismatic compared to other pesidents.  Whenever he's on a talk show or something, he always makes me laugh.  He can be really funny.  Plus, I think he's done an alright job.

But I have to throw this in there:

post-26336-0-91480400-1444791143_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I really dislike Obama. I knew from the start people would regret their votes when next elections rolled around the corner. BUT HE WAS ELECTED AGAIN. wtf.

Anyway, my favorite would have to be a typical American pick, Rosevelt. He pretty much led the country thorugh one of it's darkest times and prevailed. What a man. Sad what happened.

Although there were a couple honorable ones that everybody knows and did great things too. Especially the ones that actually tried to stop the Federal Reserve. Did you know the Federal Reserve is privately owned? The U.S. puts alot of tax money into the Federal Reserve to print more money for the banks to spend to get more money from people who owe them loaned money they printed. How messed up is that? It's a complete mess.

I usually don't list Presidents in an ordered list because so many of the contenders had amazing flaws and notoriously bad decisions. I voted for Lincoln because based around the long term impact of his presidency and its extremely long arm in changing history. He was a political genius of highest order. 

Honorable mentions

Polk - Needs to be in any discussion about successful administrations. He promised a list of items and delivered on all promises then left after one term. 

Teddy Roosevelt - best balance between common sense Progessive and Conservative ideology. 

Reagan - Ok, Thanks to Nixon we hated the Executive branch. Thanks to Carter we hated ourselves. Yeah I know ... a bit sanguine and hyperbolic but true. Reagan's legacy is truthfully a more psychological one, but without him our national pride would have taken a longer time to recover. Right man at the right time. Also 80;s ruled. 

FDR - Ok, BS attempt to stack the SCOUS aside, he was a great war time pres. Like Reagan he gave the US electorate a morale boost that was desperately needed. I will still debate the effectiveness of his programs, but his CCC had some massive impact on the US. 

Eisenhower - Roads baby ... roads. 

Washington - ok. He was not a fabulous Pres. Not bad ... not good. What he did do is set a standard of precedents that were all critical to later successors. 

Anyway, my favorite would have to be a typical American pick, Rosevelt. He pretty much led the country thorugh one of it's darkest times and prevailed. What a man. Sad what happened.

Funny, that could be Teddy or FDR depending on whether you are focusing on economic threats or military ones. 

Although there were a couple honorable ones that everybody knows and did great things too. Especially the ones that actually tried to stop the Federal Reserve. Did you know the Federal Reserve is privately owned? The U.S. puts alot of tax money into the Federal Reserve to print more money for the banks to spend to get more money from people who owe them loaned money they printed. How messed up is that? It's a complete mess.

Not going to address the Fed since a separate conversation about it is off topic, but I will say that Wilson is on my bottom five list.  

• Brohoof 2

I think it'd be a tie between Lincoln and Roosevelt. Both were respectable people, greatly cared about their country and had a strong sense of justice and morality. They had flaws, but that didn't stop them from shaping up to be honorable persons.

• 2 weeks later...

Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

He saved our country from collapse by the Stock Market, and turned our country by his own force into a most proper direction. That would be into economical prosperity, for one of the most ideal countries on the planet. All while being paralyzed from the waist down, as he suffered from Polio.

Honorable Mentions:

2. George Washington

3. Theodore Roosevelt

4. Abraham Lincoln

• Brohoof 1

I have to go with FDR, he was a great president bringing us out of one of the worst times in our history.

Poor Henry Harrison, he didn't make it very long.  :(  I wonder what would of changed if he served his full term.

• Brohoof 1

Calvin Coolidge or "Silent Cal."

May not have been the "flashiest" president but I think he was the best model of statesman that a president should be. Not a sensationalist, not a celebrity, not one who's personality overcame or defined his policy. Not someone trying to impress anyone. He just did his job. That is the kind of president I would still vote for today.

Edited by Steel Accord

I'd have to FDR, he really turned this country around after all hell went loose with the stock market.

And after FDR, I'd say Lincoln, he really held strong for the north despite all of the issues happening. Also he was good to the south after the civil war.

• Brohoof 1

If I am being honest JFK was the last president who didn't barf up absolute horse****

And lately we have had complete doltz as president, looking at you Obama 

My favorite has to be Lincoln because he freed slaves and let's face it, that is the least idiotic thing this nation has ever done.