• 1 month later...

I love the classics.

1970 Buick GSX

Posted Image

1967 Chevy Impala

Posted Image

Go ahead and laugh at this next one....but I LOVE Deloreans ^_^

Posted Image

I don't like most modern cars, but this is one i'm saving up for currently. 2002 Ford ZX2. I can't afford a Mustang, so this will have to do lol. I plan on getting a blue one, and getting a Rainbow Dash cutie mark decal for the back ;)

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

...yet another thread that I am literally facedesking myself for not knowing it was there this whole time...

Long story short, I have too many to think of right now, you'll just have to wait for my TL;DR post later. ;P

Yeah old Race Cars are best Race Cars. They have this elegance beauty and "personality" that makes a good car :)

Posted Image

Chaparral 2D? You have good taste in cars.

Some more cars. Griffith 500

Posted Image

S2000 GT1

Posted Image

1999 Subaru Impreza Rally Car

Posted Image

787B

Posted Image

1997 R390 GT1 Race Car.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

I think I have to add my favorite F1 cars too ^_^ :

Jordan F1 198(1998): This was about the time I've started watching F1 on regular basis and I fell in love with this car. Also Damon Hill, one of my favorite drivers drove this beauty. Still miss that team and their awesome liveries :(

Posted Image

Lotus 79: To be honest, this car is an example for all the "John Player Special" cars from Lotus. The black gold livery is just beautifuly and Iam glad they decided to drive like this in 2012 :wub:

Posted Image

Lotus 49(1967): Another classic car from a classic team. This lotus marked the end of an era and in my eyes it looks awesome.

Posted Image

Brabham BT52(1983): Here I had a hard time deciding which of the Parmalat Brabham cars is the prettiest but in the end I choose the BT52, because come on who doesn't like cars shaped like an arrow? ^_^

Posted Image

Jordan 191(1991): Not the most sucessful F1 cars, but surely one of the prettiest. Also the car in which Schumacher made his debut in Formula1. Dat aerodynamics :wub:

Posted Image

A few F1 cars that I also love: The Marlboro McLarens in the late 80s/early 90s, the Canon Williams with which Nigel Mansell got the Championship, the 79 Ligier, those late 80s Ferraris, the 1994 Williams,...

• Brohoof 1

Hm.....geez...where in the hay do I start?!?! Hm.....I guess I'll begin with childhood favorites...

So, I've been an avid car guy for many, many years. It started waaaaay back on my childhood. I always had some toy diecast cars provided for me to play with, and I guess one of those days something snapped...something that made me feel that it was something I was going to like and enjoy for the rest of my life.

And up to this day, it's still true, cars are among my top 5 favorite subjects. And now, when it comes to my favorites, I've gathered out-standers here and there numerous, numerous times throughout my life, and for this thread, I shall begin with childhood memories!

One of my earliest favorites that I still find up to this day is the Dodge Viper series. Since 1992, it's been a redefinement of the muscle car. It truly screams U.S. when you look at and hear it, and it is just overall plainly a fast and powerful car that is also one of the most attractive and iconic muscle cars. The games to first get my attention growing up we're a games both from two classic racing game series Test Drive 5, and Gran Turismo 3.

TD5 in particular, here's the complete set of the 1998 Dodge Vipers; including the GTS and the race-ready GTS-R.

Posted Image

It's inevitable to admit, Japan has always had their own share of fancy-looking, fast, and unique-performance vehicles. And Subaru bears no difference, making numerous exotic cars since 1954. One of their most exotic and head-turn-worthy cars of all time, is the WRX STi.

The first generation WRX (1994-2000) was okay, but my eyes are all over the second gen (2000-2008). To me, it is one of the most iconic Japanese cars in the world, for it's fancy, sporty shape, the unique front grille, and not to mention the huge spoiler. Also, the manufacturer-exclusive gold/bronze painted wheels go just magnificently with the trademark Again, I owe my passion for this car to its appearance in Gran Turismo 3.

Here is a second gen STi, gold wheels and all. Doesn't it just scream sporty to you?!

Posted Image

Also, Subaru, especially this car, have had a long and successful history in the world of Motorsports, mostly rally and WRC. SRT, Subaru Rally Team, have used the WRX STi to compete in events for a long time, and it has become one of the top competitors, especially with the second generation variants. In that same generation, they commonly used a livery which to me is one of the best and most iconic-looking liveries in all of Motorsports.

Posted Image

(and that's not even a quarter of my favorites! Gee, I gotta do this more often! :blink:)

• Brohoof 3

OMG! A car on roller-skates. That just went beyond awesome!

lol, not really. :P

The teams mount the cars on them to make them easier to move around the garage, not for any fun purposes. xP

Here's one of NASA's two crawler-transporters. They were used to bring the Apollo Saturn V stacks to the launch pad, and later used throughout the shuttle program. I hope it won't be too many years before they are needed again!

Crawler Stats

Height: 20-26 feet

Size: 31feet long, 113 feet wide

Weight: 5.5 million pounds

Fuel Capacity: 5,000 gallons

Fuel Consumption: 42 feet per gallon, 125.7 gallons per mile

Maximum speed: 2 mph

Tred-belt shoes: 456

Tred-belt shoe size: 7.5 ft long, 1.5 feet wide, 2,200 pounds each

Builder: Marion Power Shovel Company

Posted Image

lol, not really. :P

The teams mount the cars on them to make them easier to move around the garage, not for any fun purposes. xP

I know. I was just being silly!

:wacko:

• Brohoof 1

Ah, yes, the Lockheed SR-71 Blacknird. I never was really into aircrafts myself until I noticed this beauty at the magnificent Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum in Washington D.C. someitme in 2009, 2010. It was the center of attention at the main area, and it wasn't hard to see why. After admiring it, I decided to look it up immediately when I got home, and learned that it was possibly one of the most historic reconnaissance planes in the world. The thing just screamed stealth and speed, and just looked like a really powerful and agile plane.

The worst part was when I read that it was cancelled, in my opinion one of the worst decisions in aircraft history....

Long live the Blackbird: 1966-1998

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also, a neat little tidbit, the Blackbird, conveniently the very one that I saw in the Air and Space Museum, was the vehicle form of Jetfire, a character from the 2009 Transformers movie. Coincidentally, growing up watching the 2000's animated series Transformers: Cybertron, he was one of my favorites! :lol:

Mah favorite vehicles would have to be.....

SR-71 Blackbird

Darn it, darn it, darn it, I was JUST thinking about posting that!!! :P^_^

(edited)

I have a junky car. But the way I see it, if it runs, it's better than walking. And for some reason, it has great mileage.

EDIT: You can sure as hell bet they still fly the SR-71. They don't pump millions of dollars of engineering prowess just to use that one machine in one or two tours.

Edited by frenzyhero

(edited)

Lamborghini Reventon - CG pic but take a look at some of the real pics out there

Posted Image

1972 Ferrari Daytona Spyder 365 GTS/4 - Ever since I was a kid and saw this on Miami Vice I had to have one

Posted Image

Edited by Cupcake Ice Cream
  • Brohoof 1

Well, you could always buy a regular Delorean for about $50,000 and modify it to look like the Back to the Future car :)

Only to a legal limit of authenticity. A la no magic flashy sparks coming out of nowhere when the baby hits 88. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Cars aren't really my thing. They just get me to where I need to go. My real interest is in railroads and locomotives. I would totally want to own (or at least ride) these three:

1. Southern Pacific 4449, commonly known as "The Daylight".

Posted Image

2. Great Western 5972, famously known as "The Hogwarts Express"

Posted Image

3. Amtrak's Acela

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1