Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Critique and opinion - 2 styles on Future Twilight

Sterity

I typically work in 3d but I have tried branching out into more illustrative work using my 3d skills as a tool. I was wondering if I could get some critique and/or opinions on my two takes on the same picture. Which do you like better? What conveys the image best for your? If you're going more technical what does or doesn't work and why in X picture?

I am always trying to learn and improve so this is just another step in that journey.

tumblr_inline_nw2ygiYlTW1tpb7ka_1280.jpg

My usual 3d style. I messed the lighting up a little and neglected to make it as dramatic as in the following picture, but I can make it look the same. That being said, does this type of lighting/shading look better than if there were shadows as in the next one?

tumblr_inline_nw2yegoKyB1tpb7ka_1280.jpg

My new attempt. As you can see I used the 3d model as a base and worked on inking, coloring and shading from there. I'm still learning on the mouth part and I neglect the other eye for reasons  ;)

Thanks again for the input!

[Edit: Posted in this subforum after suggestion from request guild]

It's just my opinion but the first one is better than the second one as far as the 3D model goes. I'm not really into that 'graphic novel' kind of style. But don't get me wrong, they're both good. The second one definitely needs to be worked on. And the shading for the first one should be a bit darker. But other than that they're both really good.

Edited by ~ Akatsuki ~

As the other thread is now in the correct section I will be locking this.