139 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I wrote up a short review of it:

I just re-watched the Royal Wedding in 720p. I stand by my opinion that its the best episode so far by an long shot. It's far more than what Studio B was obligated to give us, and I applaud them for it.

The music is top notch. "B.B.B.F.F really sets the tone for how good it's going to be. "This Day Aria" is a awesome villain song up there with Disney's best. Finally, "Love is in Bloom""(The singer for Twilight has a beautiful voice) reminds me of the awesome, beautiful music I heard in toons in the 90s as a kid. It feels like hearing "Circle of Life" for the first time all over again.

The animation and writing are awesome to. The way Cadence and Shining armor have their little "power of love" moment is actually quite beautiful as cheesy as it sounds, the music and animation bring the moment to life perfectly.

I remember when I watched i for the first time with the MLP facebook group I hang out in, it was the first episode I watched streamed. I almost cried tears of joy. For that brief time I felt like a kid in elementary school again, sitting in front of the TV during summer vacation watching Disney movies in awe on VHS.

It reminded me of why I grew to love this show in the first place.

• Brohoof 2

I think this episode might be at least a decent one to show those who haven't seen the show or who think that it's not as good as its said to be. The plot is excellently crafted, the voice actors fit their roles, "This Day Aria" is a great song full of depression and villainy, and finally: the battle scene. The fact that there was a battle scene would've made a good number of non-bronies take a second look at the show. All in all, it was a great episode set. :D

|--(0)--|

techno915

I think I watched both the series too quickly, Now I can't wait for season 3! But yeah the Canterlot Wedding episodes are probably one of my favourites

Just watched the mlp season 2 finale last Thursday and I gotta say it's pretty good but then I keep hearing people give it way too much credit because I thought it was a good episode but I keep hearing people making this sound like the most epic thing to ever be created, honestly I can think of things that are more epic than this episode which I'm really not going to go into. But my point is do people say its epic for MLP standards because like I said I can think of stuff more epic than this episode *cough* Final Fantasy VIII intro

• Brohoof 1

@@Gabranth_is_king99,

I merged your topic on the season two finale with this one, the "A Canterlot Wedding" episode discussion thread. In the future, please comb through this section if you want to share your general opinions on an episode. :)

Edited by Thereisnospoon303

Ohh my. This was actually one of the best episodes with so many new Characters and stuff. I really got happy when i saw the last episode was going to be a double one. Thank you once again LF For doing such a GREAT show! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I really really really liked the songs in the episodes! I've listened to them so many times now! :lol: But i thought it was kind of odd how everypony was so disregarding to how rude Cadence was.

• Brohoof 1

Has anypony given thought to this? Cadence and Luna never appear on screen together. Could the new Alicorn character actually be one that was in the show from the very beginning? After all, Luna changed her appearance to become Nightmare Moon. Would it be so hard to go for another look? Why else would Luna have stayed away from the wedding?

I wrote up a short review of it:

I just re-watched the Royal Wedding in 720p. I stand by my opinion that its the best episode so far by an long shot. It's far more than what Studio B was obligated to give us, and I applaud them for it.

The music is top notch. "B.B.B.F.F really sets the tone for how good it's going to be. "This Day Aria" is a awesome villain song up there with Disney's best. Finally, "Love is in Bloom""(The singer for Twilight has a beautiful voice) reminds me of the awesome, beautiful music I heard in toons in the 90s as a kid. It feels like hearing "Circle of Life" for the first time all over again.

The animation and writing are awesome to. The way Cadence and Shining armor have their little "power of love" moment is actually quite beautiful as cheesy as it sounds, the music and animation bring the moment to life perfectly.

I remember when I watched i for the first time with the MLP facebook group I hang out in, it was the first episode I watched streamed. I almost cried tears of joy. For that brief time I felt like a kid in elementary school again, sitting in front of the TV during summer vacation watching Disney movies in awe on VHS.

It reminded me of why I grew to love this show in the first place.

Yeah! I just realized how Disney-quality this episode was! I keep going to "This Day Aria" when I'm on Youtube...

When my brother saw the episode for the first time, he went, "What?!" when Twilight was pushed into the floor. :P

• Brohoof 1

I had two gripes with this episode

1: Shining Armor

2:Cadence

It felt pretty random to whip out two characters who we really should have known about at the last possible second like they did. It took me until the 2nd part ot get over that but to my surprise it became my favorite of the two part episodes.

Anyone notice how when Princess Candence (Intruder) sings into the mirror and she has one eye open and one closed? xD I was creeped out entirely...it looked werid O.O

Edited by XShadowThunderX

I loved this episode (was my first episode...yeah auto-spoilers ftw), I don't know if I'm a bad person for this...but the character of queen chrysalis is so so so so so so so lovely ;_; (Cadence too of course). This day Aria is one of the best song that I heard for this type of shows (I mean, like disney movies etc).

Anyone notice how when Princess Candence (Intruder) sings into the mirror and she has one eye open and one closed? xD I was creeped out entirely...it looked werid O.O

Could be an animation mistake...

• 2 weeks later...

I remember watching this episode the day it came out, and the whole time I remember hating Candace because she was so mean to Twilight. But the second I found out she was an impostor of the real Candace, I started to love Candace. All I wish is that they have an episode next season where she's in it. :D

post-8996-0-55544700-1350161277_thumb.jpeg

post-8996-0-55544700-1350161277_thumb.jpeg

It bothers me Twilight didn't have her cutie mark in the flashback. After becoming Celestia's pupil it's believable enough that she would be foal-sat by a princess- they probably have Cadence foal-sit to build character (a consequently magical power) and by becoming Celestia's pupil Twilight becomes important enough to be a sensible choice to be foal-sat by Cadence. But before? Twilights backstory is satisfying because it's about a regular (if well-off) pony ascending to prominence through sheer natural ability. But now it seems she didn't ascend that far, she was already prominent just by viture of her parents.

I suppose I'm alright with that, if tenatively. This is, at least, my only gripe with the episode.

S

It bothers me Twilight didn't have her cutie mark in the flashback. After becoming Celestia's pupil it's believable enough that she would be foal-sat by a princess- they probably have Cadence foal-sit to build character (a consequently magical power) and by becoming Celestia's pupil Twilight becomes important enough to be a sensible choice to be foal-sat by Cadence. But before? Twilights backstory is satisfying because it's about a regular (if well-off) pony ascending to prominence through sheer natural ability. But now it seems she didn't ascend that far, she was already prominent just by viture of her parents.

I suppose I'm alright with that, if tenatively. This is, at least, my only gripe with the episode.

She did have her cutie mark episode though, it was because of the sonic rainboom caused by rainbow dash, that made her go all Magical on her teachers asses! then after Celestia calmed Twi down, she got her mark. Right/

i love the music tracks from this episode everything about the lyrics and the music itself, it was all amazing i still listen to that song all the time (this day aria) on youtube or grooveshark i hope that in the upcoming season three all the songs hold up to the expectations that are now set by the episode. i have heard the chrystal pony song and i have heard the will i pass or will i fail song and i think they are realy going to kick it up this season -sincerely- a huge lauren faust fan

• Brohoof 1

i love the music tracks from this episode everything about the lyrics and the music itself, it was all amazing i still listen to that song all the time (this day aria) on youtube or grooveshark i hope that in the upcoming season three all the songs hold up to the expectations that are now set by the episode. i have heard the chrystal pony song and i have heard the will i pass or will i fail song and i think they are realy going to kick it up this season -sincerely- a huge lauren faust fan

Yeah I have a whole iPod dedicated to MLP music (both inspired and from the show) This day aria, Love is in bloom, Art of the dress, just to name a few are some of my favourites!

I think that it is funny that there was still errors in the royal wedding it looked so professionally made. But I still think it had a better love story than Twilight

This was an awesome episode! I love the tracks to this! I did like This Day Aria and Love is in Bloom. I can't wait for season 3 to come out but rumors are that there will only be 13 episodes instead of 26. :(

Edited by Applejack25