139 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

(edited)

This critic points out a line even I missed, that Twilight when meeting with her friends says straight out Cadance doesn't deserve her brother. This largely justifying why her friends didn't take her seriously and felt she was being an overly possessive sister not being reasonable..

Edited by EquestrianScholar

(edited)

This critic points out a line eveb I missed, that Twilight when meeting with her friends says straight out Cadance doesn't deserve her brother. This largely justifying why her friends didn't take her seriously and felt she was being an overly possessive sister not being reasonable..

Ah yes, MrEnter made a great review of this episode (unlike a certain pair of critics  :okiedokielokie: )

Edited by LZRD WZRD

I love reading the comments in this topic before the show aired. :P

BTW , some interesting things came out of ComicCon today regarding your waifu.

I wonder why Shining Armor decided to marry Cadence instead of Twilight. The episode didn't make it clear.

Because Shining Armor is Twilight sister.

Who would marry they're sister?

So Shining Armor chose Cadence because Twilight knows her very well?

I dunno...

Shining Armor chose Cadence because I dunno, he likes her.

I herd the MLP comics goes to this topic, where it show how did Shining Armor and Cadence meet each other and how did they fell in love.

• Brohoof 2

I dunno...

Shining Armor chose Cadence because I dunno, he likes her.

I herd the MLP comics goes to this topic, where it show how did Shining Armor and Cadence meet each other and how did they fell in love.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

• 1 month later...

This is one of my favourite episodes on the show! The cliffhanger ending in the first part of the finale set up perfectly for Queen Chrysalis' debut in the second half, with an awesome villain song to boot. The special effects on on both episodes are really good, in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This episode was even better for me re-watching it. It's pretty awesome and kick ass. The fight scene with the Changelings is really good and a lot of fun. And the aria is just superb, for me it's such a Disney-esque song in the best sense of the term. All the best villains have excellent songs. You get to see a really different side of Twilight over the eps too, seeing how annoyed she gets when she finds out her big brother didn't tell her he was getting married and coming across as a little jealous and possessive at times. More and more Twilight is feeling to me like the most well rounded character when she can have episodes like this ^_^ , showing all the different sides to her and not just a single character defining trait...and I'm beginning to have the opposite opinion of my beloved Fluttershy  :(  She's just so criminally underwritten and I seriously hope it's addressed in S5.

Queen chrysalis has to be the most strategic villain the the whole mlp universe. She perfectly manipulated everyone, completely villainizes twilight, and almost won...almost.

Is anypony else getting tired of the deus ex machina solutions?

Ah who cares it was flashy and had beautiful music.

Queen chrysalis has to be the most strategic villain the the whole mlp universe. She perfectly manipulated everyone, completely villainizes twilight, and almost won...almost.

Is anypony else getting tired of the deus ex machina solutions?

Ah who cares it was flashy and had beautiful music.

EVERYONE is tired of the Deus Ex Machina solutions EVERYONE!!!

For example if you look at it from a comedic version when villains win it's not always bad. Aka look at Megamind... then look at "When Villains Win" comic mlp on deviantart. Also look at "What do i do now?" On fimfiction describing what Sombra would do if he conquered the Crystal Empire. It's all very nice and hilarious. Would make a good friendship lesson too... to see Chrysalis saying "This wasn't what i wanted... this is not the way it's supposed to be!" and then trying to fix this situation.