KBz

139 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

While we get some new characters introduced with newest members to the Royal Family being Shining Armor and Princess Cadance, it was nice to see a new villain with Queen Chrysalis.

And there was also how one should never, ever, EVER, deceive Princess Celestia and turn her against her star student in Twilight Sparkle. Chrysalis nearly got fried for that, but had Celestia dealt with her sooner, that might have happened. Instead Celestia was overpowered, due to holding back because she could not risk the lives of everypony in the cathedral if she went full force on Chrysalis, and became a Prisoner-Of-War until Shining Armor and Cadance were able to combine their power and send the Changelings clear over the horizon.

Now that Cadance and Shining Armor are parents now, there's a good chance that Chrysalis might return to seek revenge on them somehow with Flurry Heart being part of that revenge plot. Time will tell...

Until then, great season finale, and I give it a 10/10 myself with seeing some new characters who make occasional appearances in the later seasons, whether it is in the season premieres and finales, or somewhere midway through the season instead.

What ever happened to Cadence's side of the family? Or how she got her horn? It would be cool if they had an episode where it explained Cadence's childhood.

If anyone can answer the following questions that would be helpful to me.

Was Cadence's Parents the first rulers of the Crystal Empire?

When Cadence met Twilight, had the Crystal Empire already vanished?

Where Cadence meet Shining Armor?

And for my final question, Its about Queen Chrysalis...

Has Queen Chrysalis invaded other pony countrys, like Saddle Arabia?

Please help me I'm a little confused   :unsure:

What ever happened to Cadence's side of the family? Or how she got her horn? It would be cool if they had an episode where it explained Cadence's childhood.

If anyone can answer the following questions that would be helpful to me.

Was Cadence's Parents the first rulers of the Crystal Empire?

When Cadence met Twilight, had the Crystal Empire already vanished?

Where Cadence meet Shining Armor?

And for my final question, Its about Queen Chrysalis...

Has Queen Chrysalis invaded other pony countrys, like Saddle Arabia?

Please help me I'm a little confused :unsure:

I believe Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell is just the book for you, Hasbro of course published it for younger readers but it clears up a lot of mysteries involving Princess Cadence. You should be able to find and read it online if you don't want to buy it.

Onto your questions:

Cadence was a pegasus orphaned as a foal, adopted by an earth pony couple in a small village. So no they were not nobility nor rulers of a kingdom.

(A) Yes the Crystal Empire had already vanished when Cadence met Twilight, as that event took place a thousand years ago.

(A) Cadence and Shining probably met when she started foalsittering Twilight, though they could have met at school.

The IDW comics show that Cadence and Shining Armour knew each other in high school... but there is much debate on whether or not those comics can or should be treated as canon.

(A) That... Can only really be answered with the IDW comics as well, in which the answer is yes though if memory serves not Saddle Arabia. Otherwise, there is nothing saying one way or another. One such 'country' was a surgery sweet and adorable race of felines with much love to give... Which Queen Chrysalis and her changelings drained mercilessly of love until there was nothing left.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I loved this special. Especially the singing..for the first time..it felt Disney level good, instead of simply adequate. I liked what they did with Cadence and loved her introduction and the twist with her. I also loved Chrysalis and overall it was a highly enjoyable set of episodes!

• Brohoof 2

Awesome episode! While it was great, and chrysalis was an interesting villain, I feel Cadence may seen a bit mary sue to some... and as a princess I would have assumed we saw her at one point before this big episode.

• 4 weeks later...

omgomgomgomg yesss! Chrysalis is one of my favorite characters and I even created my own storyline for her! I don't feel like typing the entire thing out right now though, otherwise I'd be here all night. At least it feels like it, it's almost an hour past midnight now.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually i like so much the Episode,but before the season 2 the ponys dont apreciate the Alicorns like now  :huh:

However,Queen Chrysalis is the best villain in my option  :icwudt:

• 2 weeks later...

Pinkie is the only pony bad-ass enough to be able to use Twilight as a rapid fire weapon system! I can not wait for this!

In "Humans assemble!" (not my story, still a great one), it is found out that Trixie is a sniper rifle and Rarity is a shotgun. *flies away*

• 2 weeks later...

The music in this episode is amazing, especially the Chrysalis-Cadance aria!

Changelings are quite aesthetically pleasing for villainous minions, although it's rather odd that they've all got horns and wings; possibly related to the fact that Crystal Ponies usually have neither?

The only question I have about it is why there's a ancient crystal mine beneath Canterlot when gems are so commonplace in Equestria that Rarity uses them as glitter. :confused:

• 5 months later...

As with most times I watch this, I like the second half significantly more than the first half. I get that Twilight being obnoxious is the point, but y'know... she's still obnoxious, and part 1 doesn't really give us anything other than her perspective, so we're left with an irritatatingly overprotective pony who, I gotta be honest here, is kinda hard to sympathise with. I mean, it's an awkward and sort of upsetting situation, but Twilight throwing a fit isn't the most fun thing to watch, and as much as I like Princess Cadance and Shining Armour now, it's hard to invest in characters I've just met. Don't get why a minority of people seem to get upset at Celestia and Shining for chewing Twilight out, because interrupting a wedding to call the bride "evil" is generally considered to be in incredibly poor taste. The second part has "This Day Aria," though, so that'd redeem it on its own even if it weren't a lot of fun. The action scenes are great as always, and Chysalis is a delightfully hammy villain. Definitely can't say this is my favourite episode anymore - the first half is too much of a drag to get through, and the action of the second half has been topped. And besides, I tend to prefer my favourite episodes to have a stronger emotional core nowadays, which this one doesn't really achieve. Lot of fun in that second half, though.

And nobody's ever going to convince me to sympathise with Chrysalis. Y'all are wrong. 

Score:

Entertainment: 7/10

Characters: 6/10

Themes: 6/10 

Story: 8/10

Overall: 68/100

• 1 month later...

In my Opinion, the best Season Finale from this show. We get new characters, a fun story, and the songs are great. My Favorite new character from this finale is Princess Cadence. She has a charming personally and her relationship with Twilight is sweet. I wish we get to see more of her young self in the future so we get to find out why she left Twilight. My favorite song from this is Love Is In the Bloom, its a great ending theme to this finale and for this show.

My Rating: 9/10

• 3 months later...

This 2 parter is my favorite so far. I'm only on season 3, so I'm sure there's a lot more to see, but the plot twists and characters of these 2 episodes really raised the bar!

• 5 months later...

Honestly, I think I would have liked this episode better if it was just meeting Shining armor and that's it, to me I really don't understand the need for there to be a marriage for two characters we have not seen up to that point and besides I think it would have been quite interesting if Shining armor was single and appeared in more episodes with just twilight.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I loved this Two Parter ! Its not only currently my favorite Season Final, but also my Favorite Two-Parter in general.

The Songs were great, the Villain ( except for her way to big eyes and her to short nose ) was pretty good and the action was alright. Even the German Songs were great! My Favorite Song is " Love is in Bloom ", even though when i first heard the name, i thought it was a weird love song for Applebloom. Well, thankfully that wasnt true. XD

The only thing i disliked was, that there was no build up, at all. Except for that one Letter, that got burned in the Dragon Episode, there was never any Indication, that anything bad would happen and it was pretty obvious that Cadence acting was wrong. I guess Fim is just not a Show, to have a more connected Story Line. It just all happened pretty quick, like with Nightmare Moon...but okay. It was still a great final.

S1- E1 Oh hey look, its Nighmare Moon, a mystical, mysterious... S1 - E2 Nah, its already over, thats was it.

A Canterlot Wedding Part 1 - Oh yeah, Twilight has a brother now. Also there is a marriage all of a sudden, forgot to tell you. And there is also a cool new villain and you will never guess A Canterlot Wedding Part 2 - Nah, she is already defeated, its done. Who needs a backstory for her anyway? And also, who needs tension? Its a Kids Show, the good ones will win anyway, so we just tell you how the Episode will end, in the Netflix Description.What do you mean, it makes no sense, that a Creature that gets power from love, gets defeated with love? Its like...uhmm..OH YEAH ! Its like in that one Superman Episode from The New Adventures of Superman, where there is a Creature, that sucks off Supermans Power, so he gives him all his Power, its to much for the Creature and he just explodes and is dead ! The Love Power was simply so high, that Chrysalis Magic collapsed in off itself, she coudlnt handle it, here Power exploded and she flew away from her own Impact, that was to much and she died somewhere, who cares what happened to her? We have a marriage for Celestias sake !

Edited by Luna Moon
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Luna Moon said:

Even the German Songs were great! My Favorite Song is " Love is in Bloom ", even though when i first heard the name, i thought it was a weird love song for Applebloom. Well, thankfully that wasnt true. XD

Haven't heard the German version, but for the American version, there is an extended (two verse) release on the album Songs of Friendship and Magic

• Brohoof 2

I've gotta admit, these are probably my most favorite episodes of the series. The dynamic between Twilight and her brother hits such a personal note, and all of the characters that were introduced are arguably the most important to the entirety of FiM out of all of the finale reveals.

Either way, it's a very feel-good set of episodes and I catch myself rewatching them more often than others.

• 2 weeks later...

It may have been 5 days or so ago, but I still enjoyed this. It introduces Cadence and Shining Armor who both appear often later in the show. Great duet and outro song.

Edited by Nye

• 1 month later...

Why is the Crystal Empire called an Empire though? I always wondered this because it looks to be as small as a city. Even if it was a large city, wouldn't it take more for it to be classified as an Empire? Also why isn't Cadence an Empress if she's the ruler of the Empire?

• 1 month later...