KBz

139 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I watched the episode with 40 other people today. It was awesome. If you guys can watch this with like-minded people, it's one of the best social experiences ever.

Lucky!

I know exactly zero people who watch the show :(

Just wow. I couldn't be any more pleased with this episode. It had action, drama, hilarity, and poignancy. Just EVERYTHING that makes it an instant favorite. Plus. I have a new favorite pony - CADANCE! She is so beautiful!!! Definitely re-watching this episode 100 billion times. B) B) B)

Edited by Jemboi
  • Brohoof 1

Also, did anyone find it odd that Celestia knew something bad was going to happen? I mean, she even says out loud that there was a threat, and she didn't do anything all episode :S

EDIT:

Now that I think about it, how did the Changeling Queen get into Canterlot, anyways?

Edited by Boreal

Phenomenal episode, but the point of this episode wasn't about character development specifically. It was all about the plot, and it would be unfair to judge the episode because none of the characters change much.

I love Cadance, the songs, and the plot was quite good, if a bit cliched.

• Brohoof 1

Only disappointing factor to the finale was how rushed the ending of the story got. It felt like the producers had to rush the story because they were running out of time. Other than that, I loved how the story developed. Great way to top off Season 2.

EDIT:

Now that I think about it, how did the Changeling Queen get into Canterlot, anyways?

I am guessing she's like the Spy class in Team Fortress. The force field probably wasn't put up until after she was already inside. Then, she knew exactly which pony to target - the one making the force field.

it was pretty awesome and i loved it when princess celestia was all like "you have some thinking to do" and was all mean and stuff XD

I was appalled by Celestia's rudeness. Honestly, and at the end, she never even apologized for being a skeptical jerk.

• Brohoof 1

Wow. That was the first two-part episode that truly felt like one cohesive whole. The plot was well-paced, the new characters were awesome, and the background music was spectacular.

One of the best things about it, though, was the fact that the songs were actually reprised (Reprisen? ...Reprose?) throughout the episode, bridging the gap between the show and a full-on musical.

Other nice touches:

- The return of DJ-P0N3!

- Lyra speaks! And she doesn't have BonBon's funky voice syndrome!

- Twilight's first completely solo song!

- Actual recognition of Luna's Canterlot duties!

Also, did anyone find it odd that Celestia knew something bad was going to happen? I mean, she even says out loud that there was a threat, and she didn't do anything all episode :S

EDIT:

She kept a lookout all day, but I guess they hid themselves well until the wedding.

And I bet that she just disguised herself as another wedding guest, who's currently residing in Crystal Dungeon #341.

• Brohoof 1

I am guessing she's like the Spy class in Team Fortress. The force field probably wasn't put up until after she was already inside. Then, she knew exactly which pony to target - the one making the force field.

I suppose that would work. I'm very surprised that nobody ever noticed anything was up, seeing as she needs to feed on love.

Speaking of which, quite a bit of foreshadowing in that flashback to when Cadence was foalsitting Twilight and made that couple stop arguing.

Here's my take on the episode, starting with what I didn't like cause I like to end with good stuff.

The plot was....umm.....I can't say rushed, but erratic. And kind of bad. It was like, getting ready for wedding, Twilight finds odd stuff, and then BOOM SHE GETS TRAPPED IN A CAVE. Like, cave out of nowhere? Ok? And on top of that, it was pitifully easy to get out of. And then the changeling queen is defeated by a simpleish spell. Not incredibly interesting.

On the brighter side, almost everything else was great. I was going through the whole episode all like "Oh gosh, I know what's gonna happen next" and then I got pleasantly surprised. It was incredibly funny too, (see: Pinkie party cannon) nice characters, liked the plot twist at the beginning of part 2, but NOT ENOUGH FLUTTERSHY (personal preference.)

Now to wait for season 3......:( :( :(

Still talking about it? Yuo guys are chrazy.

What am I saying !!!! This episode is so awesome that we could talk about it for ever !!!!

Still one thing i'd like to point out: AJ playing violin without hands, Lyra take lesson please.

I watched the episode with 40 other people today. It was awesome. If you guys can watch this with like-minded people, it's one of the best social experiences ever.

Anyways, I'm rather tired, but I think this is one of the best episodes ever. The pacing is somewhat poorer than previous episodes, but the unique plot elements deployed make up for it. This episode did not feel like an average MLP episode at all - it felt like a good fanfic come to life.

And Twilight's song was completely boss. Lyrics weren't that great, but everything else was phenomenal. I'm looping this as we speak. I love Rebecca Shoichet's voice. She hits every note, nice and easy.

40 people? That's a way to end the season :D

Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom iced the episode nicely.

I'm sticking by my theory of the Sonic Rainboom only being available to her during times of intense emotion - and she was feeling joy, no doubt - from how the wedding all went down. Thus, she performed it in one outing.

Well, this could work but she did do it once when she was helping Applejack tear down the old barn in Lesson Zero (I think thats the episode name, too tired to correct myself if wrong), I doubt she had intense emotions then.

Well, this could work but she did do it once when she was helping Applejack tear down the old barn in Lesson Zero (I think thats the episode name, too tired to correct myself if wrong), I doubt she had intense emotions then.

How's about this, then:

Rainbow Dash can perform the Sonic Rainboom much better and much more effectively when she's experiencing intense emotions.