KBz

139 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Mares and gentlecolts, I have been scouring this thread for a button which officially states that an episode is a gift from heaven. It's like brohoofing an episode, except the episode probably won't make a witty retort in response to all the attention. Instead, it will suck it up like a sponge, standing proud and radiant above all others in its midst, like Princess Cadence on her wedding day. And I mean the real Princess Cadence.

I preface this post with this matter because, as it turns out, Studio B continues to top itself in numerous departments.

Oh, sure. We had press attention; we got Tori Spelling talking to ponies; we had an ad buy in The New York Times. But what does it amount too without something to show for it. Of course, this could have fallen flat on its face, with ponies aghast as though Twilight were shouting out accusations of the bride-to-be actually being evil. There was an enormous risk involved. And yet Studio B calmly and coolly shrugged its shoulders, saying collectively, "We've got you covered, bronies."

And they did. Oh boy, did they ever.

This episode was My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic graduating from flight camp to join The Wonderbolts. We're talking about a major league show---our show---one that delivers on the goods with fantastic writing, great voice acting, wonderful animation, and clever stories. An anti-brony may decry the whole "power of love" theme and the happy ending---neither of which are intrinsically bad---as contrived and childish, but we know the truth: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is one of the best damn shows---not just cartoons---in a generation.

In short, our little foal, once seemingly destined to entertain only little girls, has grown in a wonderful mare capable of crossing all sorts of entertainment boundaries and demographics.

What can be said about this episode which has not already been said? I could praise the songs, the jokes, and the pacing---all of which are worthy of praise. I will, however, concentrate on the fact that this show put on the best show I have seen in some time. If anything could crown the second season, "A Canterlot Wedding" was more than worthy.

First, a humorous tangent: I watched the episode with two close friends of mine. As it became progressively clear that something was rotten in the state of Canterlot, we began to humorously take bets on the villain. Of course, not all of these were serious choices, but the main point was to get a laugh:

Possible antagonists:

1) Hellbeast released from Tartarus during "It's About Time"

2) Clones, whether as Snatchers or duplicates created by HARDAC

3) Discord

4) Eames, the forger from Inception, impersonating Cadence inside of Twilight's dream (we were on an Inception roll before the episode)

5) Loki, the main villain from the upcoming Avengers film

6) Cadence, actually being evil rather than possessed

Ultimately, it was a little bit of the hellbeast mixed with Loki. A new villain in the form of Queen Chrysalis took us by surprise. Discord has been so hyped, and John de Lancie mentioned he provided additional voice work for the third season, that Discord---whether directly on indirectly---was certainly plausible. But we got a totally new villain! And a great one, at that. Her gambit was extraordinarily clever: establish an external threat, slip inside Canterlot, replace the bride, and take advantage of Shining Armor, head of the Royal Guard, as he is distracted and weakened by creating a barrier around the city. And it almost worked, too, had it not been for those meddling fillies! What makes Chrysalis even better is that fact she got her own villain song. I do hope they give her a chance to take a crack at Canterlot once more; the concept of a shape-shifting villain is tantalizing.

What else makes this episode 20% cooler than normal? Fight scenes are now canon. The Mane Six got their hooves dirty and engaged in a massive battle against the Changelings. Most of the times prior, the Mane Six either ran from physical threats (e.g., the dragons in "Dragon Quest"), feebly fought them (e.g., the Manticore; Night Mare Moon), or simply outfoxed their adversaries (e.g., the Diamond Dogs). Instead, we witnessed a knock-down-drag-out battle. It goes without saying that Princess Celestia's beam battle with Queen Chrysalis means we are only a few steps away from Twilight Sparkle learning to master the Kamehameha. Come on. Somebody else had to be thinking about Dragon Ball when they saw it. On a slightly more serious note, Celestia at last stood her ground and fought rather than disappear; Luna covered that base this episode.

Should I keep going on?

Really, I'm impressed by Chrysalis. I don't mean to imply that she was the highlight of the show, but I adore clever villains like her. I also enjoy how it makes the writers think ahead and plan out the structure of the villainous plot. As I said before, Chrysalis's master plan was quite clever and a near masterstroke. She outpaced most everypony, save for Twilight, and probably would have won if, in a fate similar to Discord, she had not become so terribly arrogant and confident about her victory. Of course, her arrogance was well deserved from a villain's perspective; she was only thwarted by a deus ex machina rather than a conventional confrontation. Villains who come closest to winning are generally the most interesting.

This truthfully links into my only major complaint about this episode: the ending felt rushed. The resolution had a five minute warning, and the lack of the Elements of Harmony meant that a deus ex machina would bring about Chrysalis's defeat. I wish they had resolved the conflict a bit more elegantly, especially after such an enormous build up and burst of a climax. We had intrigue, doubt, revelation, multiple battles, near defeat---oops! Time's almost up; better put Chrysalis back in her box. The same thing sort of befell Discord once all of the Mane Six had been freed from his corruption. A stronger resolution, I think, would have made this episode about as close to perfect as they could get. In fact, this is probably the best Studio B has yet to offer. I am quite uncertain how they will make the debut of the third season live up to this standard.

So, in short, a brilliant episode to conclude an overall stellar season. My hopes are set extremely high for season three.

Now I just have to wait. The waiting will be the hardest part, I'm sure.

• Brohoof 16

What else makes this episode 20% cooler than normal? Fight scenes are now canon. The Mane Six got their hooves dirty and engaged in a massive battle against the Changelings. Most of the times prior, the Mane Six either ran from physical threats (e.g., the dragons in "Dragon Quest"), feebly fought them (e.g., the Manticore; Night Mare Moon), or simply outfoxed their adversaries (e.g., the Diamond Dogs). Instead, we witnessed a knock-down-drag-out battle. It goes without saying that Princess Celestia's beam battle with Queen Chrysalis means we are only a few steps away from Twilight Sparkle learning to master the Kamehameha. Come on. Somebody else had to be thinking about Dragon Ball when they saw it. On a slightly more serious note, Celestia at last stood her ground and fought rather than disappear; Luna covered that base this episode.

An epic brohoof to that. It was absolutely fun watching the Mane 6 fight off the changelings, topped off with Pinkie Pie using her Party Cannon for combat.

Though, I did have hopes for both Luna and Celestia engaging in combat with the Queen changeling. That would have been textbook epic, but alas, a bit predictable.

• Brohoof 2

An epic brohoof to that. It was absolutely fun watching the Mane 6 fight off the changelings, topped off with Pinkie Pie using her Party Cannon for combat.

Though, I did have hopes for both Luna and Celestia engaging in combat with the Queen changeling. That would have been textbook epic, but alas, a bit predictable.

I hear you, brother. The Party Cannon in the battle made my day, as did Pinkie Pie's reaction to the Changeling ("Meh. I've seen better.").

My thought of Luna is that she was handling part of the crisis elsewhere. She ends up like Bruce Wayne pretending to be aloof after the fighting has settled, even though Batman probably ends up knocking a few heads together during the mayhem.

One of my friends offered jokingly that, in the continued vein of Dragon Ball, they should have gathered a bunch of energy a la the Spirit Bomb and beaten Chrysalis that way. Imagine a giant ball of friendship gathered from all of Equestria smashing into the Changeling Queen, sending her hurdling into the horizon. I suppose we'll just have to be satisfied with Shining Armor and Cadence's Love Orgasm. :P

• Brohoof 5

Really, I'm impressed by Chrysalis. I don't mean to imply that she was the highlight of the show, but I adore clever villains like her. I also enjoy how it makes the writers think ahead and plan out the structure of the villainous plot. As I said before, Chrysalis's master plan was quite clever and a near masterstroke. She outpaced most everypony, save for Twilight, and probably would have won if, in a fate similar to Discord, she had not become so terribly arrogant and confident about her victory. Of course, her arrogance was well deserved from a villain's perspective; she was only thwarted by a deus ex machina rather than a conventional confrontation. Villains who come closest to winning are generally the most interesting.

This truthfully links into my only major complaint about this episode: the ending felt rushed. The resolution had a five minute warning, and the lack of the Elements of Harmony meant that a deus ex machina would bring about Chrysalis's defeat. I wish they had resolved the conflict a bit more elegantly, especially after such an enormous build up and burst of a climax. We had intrigue, doubt, revelation, multiple battles, near defeat---oops! Time's almost up; better put Chrysalis back in her box. The same thing sort of befell Discord once all of the Mane Six had been freed from his corruption. A stronger resolution, I think, would have made this episode about as close to perfect as they could get. In fact, this is probably the best Studio B has yet to offer. I am quite uncertain how they will make the debut of the third season live up to this standard.

Even now I dont think that the changeling queen cant stand the comparaison with discord. But I must admit that she has an advantage:

She is true evil.

She is not "natural" like discord (I usualy see him as the logical consequence to harmony: harmony has no point of being without chaos and chaos is meaningless without harmony) she's a real monstruosity which bring nothing but destruction for her own enjoyment, but with no point of doing this except her selfishness.

I dont think that her plan was perfect at all, as I said before she was surprised to defeat Celestia so how did she expect to deal with her (not to mension Luna). But her plan was still preety good and once again CRUEL AS HELL.

And it's kinda true that they could have made the ending longest, they also could have increased other parts. But instead of two episodes it should have been a movie.

I dont write it as a joke, this episode clearly shown us that the studio can make a movie as awesome as a disney one, the only hard thing would be to make it stand more than 1 hour instead of 40mn

This episode was brilliant. The first part had me thinking Twilight was just being an idiot. She was blowing things a bit out of proportion, but you could see that something was wrong. The explanation was well crafted and convincing. Her brother, her friends, and even Princess Celestia turning there backs on her at that moment did all it needed to move the plot forward without being the least bit out of character. Then, once your convinced that Twilight was totally wrong, BAM! Plot twist. To be continued.

Now the second part is where all the meat is. I can see why they aired both parts back-to-back. The first part doesn't have enough to it by itself. The second part is needed to build off it, and the sooner that is done the better.

I figured out right away that "Cadence" was a changeling, but didn't expect the true form of the Changeling Queen to look so frickin' scary. I wonder how many little girls will have nightmares of the Changeling Queen tonight. She was not only scary, but well developed. Her motives made perfect sense and her plan was flawless. To bad she forgot about the power of love, which is odd because she feeds on love. Oh, and her villain song? Awesome-tastic. It was incredibly creepy and got across just how disturbing changelings of myth are. The way the Changeling Queen was not just happy to see her plan fulfilled, but that she was causing Cadence pain beyond comprehension was great. And switching between fake Cadence and the real deal between verses of the song: brilliant!

Cadence was great. Twilight's reminiscing gave us just enough information to carry over to part 2, for her real introduction. Though we know so little about her, we feel so bad for her. The stallion she loves is marrying a fake. She is beaten, bruised, and trapped with no hope for escape. Yet she refuses to give up. She will never let anyone take Shining Armor from her. You just want to give her a big ol' hug 30 seconds after meeting her.

Have to give them props for managing to use the power of love without it sounding stupid. It was already established that unicorns could draw magic power from the feelings other ponies have toward them, and that magic is the most powerful. So it didn't take a leap in logic to assume Cadence's love for Shining Armor would produce amazing results.

Best part: the villain wasn't turned good or imprisoned at the end, so she can come back. If parent don't complain about her being to scary, that is.

Worst part: the "Big Brother Best Friend Forever" song was just...meh.

Ugly part: seriously, did you see the Changeling Queen?

Edited by Forlong
  • Brohoof 2

One of my friends offered jokingly that, in the continued vein of Dragon Ball, they should have gathered a bunch of energy a la the Spirit Bomb and beaten Chrysalis that way. Imagine a giant ball of friendship gathered from all of Equestria smashing into the Changeling Queen, sending her hurdling into the horizon. I suppose we'll just have to be satisfied with Shining Armor and Cadence's Love Orgasm. :P

Posted Image

If it was that kind of ending you was looking for, then pinkie pie could have end the show on her own.

• Brohoof 3

This episode was My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic graduating from flight camp to join The Wonderbolts. We're talking about a major league show---our show---one that delivers on the goods with fantastic writing, great voice acting, wonderful animation, and clever stories. An anti-brony may decry the whole "power of love" theme and the happy ending---neither of which are intrinsically bad---as contrived and childish, but we know the truth: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is one of the best damn shows---not just cartoons---in a generation.

You nailed it. You completely nailed it. I have been trying to find the words to say something like this all day. I should have waited until you posted. I am going to print this out and distribute it.

Speaking for myself, I just finished showing my mother the season finale. She hasn't been into cartoons since the 1970s, so she considers my mild obsession with ponies to be a bit disconcerting at times (though she did appreciate the Flim Flam brothers song). At nearly the end of the first Canterlot Wedding episode, she was expecting Cadence to turn out to be a nice pony and that the whole thing was due to wedding stress.

Needless to say, she was totally and completely shocked when Cadence dropped the green fire all around Twlight. Her exact words then were as follows: "Oh hell! Twilight was sent to hell! This is a children's show!!!!" (I could barely contain my wild laughter.) After this, she was on the edge of her seat. When Evil Cadence started singing, my mother was sold. She is now a brony. I can't stop her from talking about how awesome the finale was.

My mother is the last person in the world that I would expect to like a cartoon. She is a *very* serious person. The fact that this two-part finale was able to completely blow her away is an indisputable testament of the quality of this cartoon. She said that this finale was one of the best episodes that she has ever seen of any show - not just cartoons.

Thereisnospoon303, as you say, MLP has graduated.

• Brohoof 10

Posted Image

If it was that kind of ending you was looking for, then pinkie pie could have end the show on her own.

Of course. Pinkie could have taken care of all of this from the beginning. But they didn't listen; they never listen.

• Brohoof 1

Of course. Pinkie could have taken care of all of this from the beginning. But they didn't listen; they never listen.

eyup

They are all so STUBBORN !!!!

My mother is the last person in the world that I would expect to like a cartoon. She is a *very* serious person. The fact that this two-part finale was able to completely blow her away is an indisputable testament of the quality of this cartoon. She said that this finale was one of the best episodes that she has ever seen of any show - not just cartoons.

Lucky you, mine hasn't accepted it and she probably never be. I wrote down 5 articles in my art blog to make it clear that MLP is more than little girls toy but she is to serious to admit anything.

I could try to show her those episodes but i'm sure she wont accept.

I don't recall watching many series on t.v that got me pumped-up as much as this episode. Honestly, I could feel my heart racing those last 20 minutes.

Edited by SrFrog
  • Brohoof 1

Worst part: the "Big Brother Best Friend Forever" song was just...meh.

I don't know man. I think that your view on that song definitely depends on your perspective.

When I first saw the episode and that song came on, I had my younger sister sitting right by me. My sis is totally a Twilight Sparkle, so, for her, the song really captured the connection between an introverted little girl and her older brother. For both me and my own younger sis the song was really quite heartfelt.

I guess I can understand where you're coming from though. It was a more sentimental moment, and, because of this, I think that the song is likely to be under-appreciated.

Ugly part: seriously, did you see the Changeling Queen?

My reaction upon first seeing the Changeling Queen:

post-1882-0-02685700-1335073923_thumb.png

Lucky you, mine hasn't accepted it and she probably never be. I wrote down 5 articles in my art blog to make it clear that MLP is more than little girls toy but she is to serious to admit anything.

It always makes me sad when I read about things like this. :(

Comfort yourself with this thought though, it really is her loss. She is missing out on a wonderful entertainment experience.

Edited by Scootacool
  • Brohoof 1

Speaking for myself, I just finished showing my mother the season finale. She hasn't been into cartoons since the 1970s, so she considers my mild obsession with ponies to be a bit disconcerting at times (though she did appreciate the Flim Flam brothers song). At nearly the end of the first Canterlot Wedding episode, she was expecting Cadence to turn out to be a nice pony and that the whole thing was due to wedding stress.

Needless to say, she was totally and completely shocked when Cadence dropped the green fire all around Twlight. Her exact words then were as follows: "Oh hell! Twilight was sent to hell! This is a children's show!!!!" (I could barely contain my wild laughter.) After this, she was on the edge of her seat. When Evil Cadence started singing, my mother was sold. She is now a brony. I can't stop her from talking about how awesome the finale was.

Your mom gets +10 rep in my book for keeping an open enough mind to even sit down and watch MLP: FIM given many of the preconceived notions regarding the show.

This is just further proof that MLP: FIM is now more than just an entertaining internet meme.

• Brohoof 1

I have a message for her:

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

I don't know why everyone is calling the ending a deus ex machina. The bond of love between ponies has been proven to be a powerful force in the past. Just look at the Elements of Harmony; they are powered by friendship. And Hearth's Warming Eve where the ponies united by thawing out the winter with cooperation. As well, Cadance's whole theme/talent revolves around love. It wouldn't be unreasonable to assume she, as an alicorn, has strong magical abilities related to it. Also, I suppose as well the bit that Forlong said about unicorns drawing the feelings around them.

Personally, I thought the entire episode was epic and near flawless. There is just absolutely nothing I can fault it on. Even though it did follow a few common clichés, it made use of them in a smart way. This was a very ambitious offering of the MLP Thereisnospoon sums up my feelings on the matter quite well. But I'll sum it up myself anyway: this season finale FAR exceeded any expectations I ever had on the show. I knew it was good, decent, and mildly entertaining. But I've never once though before that the show was EPIC. And this is completely and gloriously so.

The entire quality of the episode approached and breached, as many people have said before, a high budget classic Disney movie from the 90's. It not only lived up to the hype, but exceeded it. I've already watched it twice in one sitting, which is something I only very RARELY do with an MLP episode.

Also, I really enjoyed the background music as well as the musical numbers. Background music for when they were fighting the clones reminded me very much of The Matrix. Speaking of that scene, I enjoyed seeing Pinkie Pie use her party cannon in a combative way. Kick ass.

My favourite song though is This Day Aria (villain song). I think it surpasses Smile as my favourite song in the entire series. I've already listened to it several times. Really love that piano beginning. It sounds high quality, dramatic, and is a great way to start it off. Also, some points of the song reminded me of the movie Moulin Rouge. It sounded a lot like one song in particular from there, which I found highly enjoyable.

Also, I'm one of the people who was convinced by Shining Armor's explanation and fooled by Cadance touching Twilight's mane. I really did think that she was just a nice pony under stress or maybe something emotional happened to make her change. When she turned all green, I had the same reaction as Scootacool's mother: "She's sending her to HELL?! WHAT?!" I was completely shocked because it did look very hellfireish and reminded me very much of Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty.

At the beginning of the second part, I was very tense and not knowing what was going to happen next at all. Frightened by the evil laughs of Evil Cadance. Then when she found the real Cadance, I was relieved to know that she was a good character. I did notice that her magical auras had changed from blue to green in the flashbacks, but was really unsure whether or not to consider her a clone. I really enjoyed Cadance's character though. She had a wonderful voice, and for the little time the real her appeared, I found her as endearing and kind as Twilight described her. I think a lot of it was her desperation in the villain song. The voice actress' singing really made me buy it.

Cadance is now my favourite alicorn. I'm sorry, Celestia.

Though Celestia was awesome in this episode too. I'll get to her in a minute.

After the Queen appeared, I was like: "Whaaaaat the hell IS THAT THING?" I seriously did NOT see that coming. She had a truly disturbing and creepy design in my opinion. The swiss cheese holes in the legs disturbed me quite a bit. So did those creepy bug noises the Changelings made.

When Celestia stepped up to challenge her, I was like: "Oh man, shit's getting REAL." And it only got realer. I gasped when Celestia's crown fell dramatically to the ground and she was defeated because she is truly a powerful alicorn. I loved how she expressed that the Queen showing her true plans was foolish, because it is certainly true that villains randomly babbling out all of their plans to the good characters in movies and things makes little sense.

Then Shining Armor and Cadance's love explosion was just... I had chills. It was truly epic the way they got defeated. It seemed so powerful and glorious. I think I had chills because I can kind of relate to that. Feeling like the love you have for someone is so powerful that it can just explode outwards and create great power like that.

Lastly, I think the ponies acted very human in this episode. The voice acting seemed more convincing and realistic (not that it wasn't before, but it sounded movielike here) and I could feel more like they were people I could relate to. (Twilight even said "people" instead of ponies in this episode! That made me happy to know that they don't ALWAYS have to remind us that they're ponies. It seemed more mature.) A particular bit of voice acting I enjoyed were Luna's parts. I thought hers sounded like something out of a PS3 game or a cinematic scene with the quality.

And yes, I was happy to see Luna make a return.

At first, I thought the reason the show was so popular was due to the excessive enthusiasm of males. But this episode shows that the show itself and its quality truly does deserve this massive a fanbase. Because this crew is capable of succeeding with an epic animated special the likes of which Disney itself hasn't been able to replicate since the early 2000's.

No clue how they'll live up to all of this in Season 3, but Gawd, I don't care at this point. That was epic enough to keep me satisfied for months. I would've even been happy with that as the Season Finale. But as I've learned from other shows, crews and writers are often capable of exceeding the last season and just BLOWING YOUR MIND when you think they can do no more. (Doctor Who did this in my opinion) So I trust that they'll be able to make the Season 3 finale even more grand and huge than this.

But yeah, there's my LOVEGASMS about this episode.

Now I must go rest from my sickness.

• Brohoof 12

I JUST got a chance to watch this episode and Oh my gosh was it amazing! It was touching to the point where I was actually crying by the end, and Cadence is AMAZING. she is now favorite Pony Ever. I just words cannot describe how amazing this was. Speechless, I'm just speechless on it.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know why everyone is calling the ending a deus ex machina. The bond of love between ponies has been proven to be a powerful force in the past. Just look at the Elements of Harmony; they are powered by friendship. And Hearth's Warming Eve where the ponies united by thawing out the winter with cooperation. As well, Cadance's whole theme/talent revolves around love. It wouldn't be unreasonable to assume she, as an alicorn, has strong magical abilities related to it. Also, I suppose as well the bit that Forlong said about unicorns drawing the feelings around them.

Cadence and Shining Armor's love bomb is, in the conventional sense, practically drawn out of thin air. Unlike the Elements of Harmony, their love wasn't established as a tool explicitly designed to defeat the enemy; it just happens. I'm fairly all right with the concept; nevertheless, it is a deus ex machina: it resolves a conflict which was otherwise incapable of being solved by the conventional tools available to the characters, i.e., the Elements or Celestia's own magic.

Nevertheless, I'm in agreement with your assessments, especially on Queen Chrysalis being super creepy. If I were younger, I'd be afraid of the prospect of having nightmares involving her.

• Brohoof 3

Cadence and Shining Armor's love bomb is, in the conventional sense, practically drawn out of thin air. Unlike the Elements of Harmony, their love wasn't established as a tool explicitly designed to defeat the enemy; it just happens. I'm fairly all right with the concept; nevertheless, it is a deus ex machina: it resolves a conflict which was otherwise incapable of being solved by the conventional tools available to the characters, i.e., the Elements or Celestia's own magic.

Nevertheless, I'm in agreement with your assessments, especially on Queen Chrysalis being super creepy. If I were younger, I'd be afraid of the prospect of having nightmares involving her.

Why is everypony talking about the end like that.

When we looked at the christmas episode ( I dont remember the name) whan the 3 ponies species manage to defeat the monsters only with their "friendship" it's logical that "love" is even powerfuller.

Not to mension that Cadence, even if we dont know her special talent, is clearly linked with this feeling. We saw her bringing harmony to a couple in the blink of an eye so when it comes to her own love, which I'm sure was true and sincere, the power generated by it could even be as important as Pinkie Pie's one ( I didn't find good way to compare t so i'm using a sily example).

Also dont forget that they were limited in time, all the moment were awesome so they couldn't split a part to make another longer. And the end is allways shorter than the rest in MLP.

And I dont think that the queen was that scary, remember when we were young ? We saw (or at least I saw) the "strange christmas of Mr Jack" and it was much more scary.She is quite ugly of course, like the old lady in "Snow White", but she is not ment to be scary.

And I'm telling that after looking at her as if I was still a child, not now.

But "life's not fun without a good scared".

.Nevertheless, I'm in agreement with your assessments, especially on Queen Chrysalis being super creepy. If I were younger, I'd be afraid of the prospect of having nightmares involving her.

I might have nightmares about her...She had chunks missing, for gosh sakes! That's about as creepy as you can get!

• Brohoof 2

Now I must go rest from my sickness.

Arylett.... That was a massive wall of text from someone recovering from sickness! :o You should be resting!

I agree with everything that you wrote.

I have to say that I also felt Luna's lines, though admittedly few, were delivered with a certain quality of strength. At the end of the finale, I found myself thinking that seeing Luna in one of these "adventure style" episodes could be a very interesting way to leverage the character's air of strength and mystery.

• Brohoof 1

WHAT IS UP WITH THE CHANGELING QUEEN!?

Posted Image

Seriously, this is the kind of horse Lord Zed would ride. Little girls were watching this show and just got nightmares.

I might have nightmares and I'm 33! Good Gosh, she's missing pieces, and it looks like her ribs are all taped up! Does that mean if the bandage came off we'd see inside of her? That's creepy as all get out!

So basically, she's this?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LcseqfvTP4&feature=related

Ok. I admit, that would actually be kind of funny.

Geez, it's the same right down to the desert being where they're from.

So yeah, pretty good end to the season, and I suspect we haven't seen the last of them. Just, don't bring the FiM equivalent of the Magic Emperor into this, Hasbro.

Edited by SBaby