KBz

139 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Regarding my previous comment, perhaps Twilight was specifically breed to be extremely powerful. If she is the result of generations of selective breeding that would explain that she didn't just so happened to be born to a family is close proximity to the Celestia and that Celestia knew well ahead of time Twilight was going to be important, hence why she was foal sat by Cadence. Perhaps it wasn't intentional and upper-class unicorn families simply always work to ensure their offspring find fit suitors. In that case Celestia may have long had here eye on Twilight was well as other ponies in similar positions such they she could find any particularly gifted ones early.

*sigh*

I wish I didn't have to perform mental gymnastics to iron out plot-holes.

Edited by RationalistPony

Is Luna secretly a bad guy or are the makers of MLP:FiM leading us on a bit of a goose chase again? She was conspicuous by her absence during the Changelings' brief reign. I personally gave Luna the benefit of the doubt, thinking she was in hiding and secretly boosted Cadance's and Shining Armor's power to repel the invasion. It may even be that she considered aligning with Chrysalis but changed her mind because she doesn't want to be second banana to anybody.

Luna's knowing smile when she said "Did I miss anything" has left me scratching my head for months.

So...

At this moment, S02 is coming out in German, and for some reason, they've decided to start with Canterlot Wedding.

I'm honestly a bit let down, though- the voice actors can never replace the real ones, and the translated songs are terrible. Sure, the tune is still the same, but german generally takes a good deal longer to say the equivalent english phrase, so the translations were overly shortened, and thus, wooden.

Any other opinions on this one, though?

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing episodes, a great way to finish Season 2! The whole fake-Cadence, and the assault on Canterlot, the fight scene... just amazing. The characters had great moments, and to me the greatest introduction was Queen Chrysalis. One of the best characters of the series so far, and head-to-head with Discord. But right now, to me she was the best villain.

Let's hope the Changelings and her Queen come back in Season 3!

Oh man this episode was dark in some spots. During this episode, I really had trouble believing that this show was supposed to be geared towards little kids. yikes. lol. but oh man is Princess Cadence really pretty. I really love the colors they used for her. She's one of my favorite new ponies that we've been introduced to lately. The whole fight between fake cadence and our heroes was absolutely fantastic. One of my favorite moments. during that fight was when twilight was used as a weapon. lol.

• 3 weeks later...

I really liked this episode. Like others have said, Cadence is a very pretty pony, and I quite like her.

At first I thought Cadence was just nervous about being a bride, then later I went to the theory that she turned evil somehow, or was never good. But I didn't think that she was a changeling. I liked the characters, especially Cadence, and this was a good episode.

Remember when Princess Luna was on guard duty and saw Twilight running by? She said "stay indoors, Twilight Sparkle!" I half expected her to finish that thought with "for the night is dark and full of terror!"

When Luna comes in at the end with the "What did I miss" thing, I always figured she either slept or was gone during the day; they did show her coming through the shield of Shining's at some point in time to guard the night

This episode in my opinion is one of my favorites due to all the drama, and the action, you know when they were singing (evil cadence and good cadence) how the music started to get all heightened and dramatic, oh I had goosebumps when near the end, that song was amazing, bravo Hasbro bravo, this is one of many reasons why I love MLP FiM so much :D

one of my favorite episodes...in the begging of the story when twilight said she had a brother i flipped my table (true story) and as it progressed i love how changling battle was funny and 205 COOLER than any other fight seen

A really good episode to end Season 2, this episode really captured what love can do in the most horrible of situations. I think having the Changeling Queen as the evil clone of Cadance was really a good move. This proves that, even if your in danger you can still bounce back with loving someone that much.

- Best episode ever :lol:

I loved this episode. Four songs and a brand new vilian pretty much made this the best episode ever in my eyes...then I read a blog on Animation Fixation and realized how flawed the episode was. The really cool bit is that even the episode has huge plot holes, bland characters(Shining Armor and Cadance to be exact), a broken aesop, and that ending, it's still just as awesome, probally thanks to how awesome the queen changeling was. It was fun, but not exactly "good". Still in my top 3 however.

Edited by LoKé kRude

• 5 weeks later...

Best. Wedding. ever!

seriously I would love for someone to sing to me "Love is in bloom" at my wedding, no kidding here!

oh and of course I wouldn't mind singin' it to a friend's wedding too XD

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not gonna lie, this episode was set up pretty well, even if some things were just a little rushed, but I absolutely HATE the ending to part 1 with a passion! It really breaks my heart to see Shining Armor, the other Mane 5, Spike, and even Princess Celestia walk out on Twilight for her accusations! True, she didn't have prove of "Cadence" being evil, but the bottom line is she was right all along and everybody else was just being total blind jerks! I don't care if she was being "clingy, jealous, and overprotective" towards her brother; it does NOT justify their alienating Twilight! Plus, now that I think about it, I feel Shining Armor's claims about "Cadence" using her magic to heal him was just an excuse, though a surprisingly convincing one, just to keep on his bride-to-be's good side. :(

And I know I regret saying this, but a part of me inside is cheering that Queen Chrysalis easily defeated Princess Celestia. Honestly, part of me feels that Princess Celestia deserved it for not believing Twilight. Again, I regret saying that. :(

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

Am I one of the only ones that thinks Chrysalis is so cute? and BEP is correct in thier comment as well.... it really satified me to see that... out loud I was like "ha ha ha shoullda belived her!!!!! ha ha ha"

• 2 weeks later...