KBz

139 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I watched this the other day (my sis and I are re-watching every episode) and its just bucking brilliant. The whole way they executed the plot was flawless, the songs were top notch and I'd love to see Crysalis return, she's a badass.

By the way, I have some major questions concerning this moment here:

Applejack_and_changeling_Twilight_togeth

I bring this up, because one part of me can't really picture the real Twilight assuming that pose with Applejack. I think I'd see this scenario more with Applejack and Rainbow Dash. What about any of y'all?

Also, do any of y'all think it'd be unlike Twilight to assume that pose and therefore should NOT do it? Why or why not?

PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS!!!!

Edited by BlueEyedPegasus

um simple that's not the real twilight sparkle as reviled a bit latter I think.

Maybe you didn't read my questions:

I bring this up, because one part of me can't really picture the real Twilight assuming that pose with Applejack. I think I'd see this scenario more with Applejack and Rainbow Dash. What about any of y'all?

Also, do any of y'all think it'd be unlike Twilight to assume that pose and therefore should NOT do it? Why or why not?

Maybe you didn't read my questions:

Also, do any of y'all think it'd be unlike Twilight to assume that pose and therefore should NOT do it? Why or why not?

Why not? Twilight can strike any pose Rainbow Dash can, as evidenced by Dragon Quest:

post-2257-0-70845500-1384849927_thumb.jpg

So I think it's absolutely fine for her to have Applejack's back, as much as it would be for Rainbow. I honestly don't see why this would bother you.

Why not? Twilight can strike any pose Rainbow Dash can, as evidenced by Dragon Quest:

attachicon.gifbscap0002.jpg

So I think it's absolutely fine for her to have Applejack's back, as much as it would be for Rainbow. I honestly don't see why this would bother you.

Maybe I'm biased, but I fear I might develop a psychological complex towards back-to-back bad@$$es (I don't cuss in real life!) because of this. Hope that helps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'This Day in Aria' was a very intriguing, and beautiful song. The melody flowed along just nicely and I'd probably go as far as to consider it one of my favorite MLP songs as of yet. (Ahem, next to 'Stop the Bats' in S4: EP 7, loved the eerie vibe that song gave off.) And if you watch one of Brony Curious's videos, it's a very well planned out song with a little 'hidden message', let's say.

Besides the song, I adored the design of Queen Chrysalis! She made for a very visually appealing character, but I think that the episode would have made a bit more sense if the antagonist was a male (Having a male would have made a bit more sense in my opinion, because Shining Armor is very close to Twilight. Having a sudden change in attitude would make it harder to see Shining Armor as a threat. Also, Cadence! The Princess that is able to spread love wherever she goes. Wouldn't that make for a more logical target?) Well, enough ranting. In short I adored this episode. I find myself returning to it time and time again. I hope in the future they're able to do a bit more with Chryssie. I'd love to see some back story.

Love these episodes, the story is a classic cartoon set up but with the my little pony twist that makes it so much better. One of my favorite things about the episode was the song, it was sung amazingly,was catchy and flowed along perfectly! Loved it!  B)

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I just watched it yesterday.....I mean I was save the best for last right? 

At first...I was like "Oh it's going to be overrated"

But After watching it, It was truly amazing. I love the story line. I also liked that hasbro didn't decide to use the Elements of Harmony to solve the problem again, Change is good XD

All in all, It was good and I wanted there to be more but, meh I guess be thankful for what we have XD

• 1 month later...

While Shining Armor was under Queen Chrysalis spell and living in the same house, what's not to say that she had her way with him. He wouldn't likely remember.

• Brohoof 1

These two episodes were the ones that took this show from, 'Ok, I understand what the fuss is all about' to 'I am Jack's exploding head',

They didn't reveal the villain as a Changeling too early, they appropriately foreshadowed Cadence's magic, there was real conflict. I haven't seen all of Season 2, but I would wager that this was the first time Twilight gets slapped down that hard by anyone, let alone Celestia.  When the Aria came one, I had to pause the show afterward, turn to my daughter and ask if this was actually happening. Every possible solution turned into failure, until the aforementioned magic was used.

Of course that wasn't the biggest surprise. I get to the end of the show, still in shock at how well presented these episodes were, when Love is in Bloom starts. I didn't realize it at the time, but that was my sister's wedding song (a longer remix apparently).

Quite a bit to love about this one, and I wish I was paying closer attention a few years back. The buzz must have been through the roof.

• Brohoof 4

The best 2-parts episode.

There're so many great things, like the introduction of a new member of Twilight's family, the intrusion of Queen Chrysalis, the song "This day Aria" (which has more than 20,000,000 views on Youtube), the changelings battle, Celestia vs Chrysalis, Twilight losing the trust of Shining Armor and Celestia. And everything takes place in Canterlot... :)

The end is a bit predictable, but this double episode is easily in my top 10.

Edited by Blobulle

Just wanted to chime in that I personally loved ACW, and personally find the common criticism about how Twilight has a brother she never talked about before rather weak. With him being so far away unless one of them specifically asked about her family why would she bring him up? I have an older brother that lives far away and I never talk about him. Heck, one of my good friends for 4+ years just recently found out when I mentioned him because of some reason I forget and he was all "You have a brother?". I know there are other criticism but this one has always really bugged me.

Edited by Azureth
  • Brohoof 1

I have to say this episode was GREAT. I loved the songs and the struggles that Twilight and her friends had to face. If only Queen Chrysalis would return at some point she had some great potential as a villain. 

• 1 month later...

It's emotional, it's well-plotted, the songs are all awesome.

It has to be one of my favourite MLP episodes.

I especially found the BBBFF song really effective, especially at the climax when Twilight's friends abandon her...

As for the This Day Aria, I loveee the song and the tune, it's great.

I have to say this episode was GREAT. I loved the songs and the struggles that Twilight and her friends had to face. If only Queen Chrysalis would return at some point she had some great potential as a villain. 

Agreed! Actually, Queen Chrysalis does return - in the MLP comic book issues! There's a great storyline there, also. You should check them out.

By the way, I have some major questions concerning this moment here:

img-2014768-1-Applejack_and_changeling_T

Also, do any of y'all think it'd be unlike Twilight to assume that pose and therefore should NOT do it? Why or why not?

PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS!!!!

I don't know, I could pretty much picture Twilight assuming this pose. She may be intelligent, book-y and sensible, but since she learned the magic of friendship, nothing's going to stop her from helping her friends battle changeling aliens, right?!

But this isn't Twilight, this is actually a changeling. *plot twist* ;)

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I watched this episode live on streaming while I was at work.

To say that I was left absolutely spell-bounded would be an understatement! I was in love with FiM already, but that S2 finale just blew me out of the water. It really just seemed like MLP had really expanded and grew into something bigger. I know some people already used the term Disney-esque, and I hold to that as well.

Disney movies feel big, and A Canterlot Wedding felt big as well. Now I will admit that there are some issues here and there, especially with Chrysalis' plan (as highlighted by AntonyC and BronyCurious), but that really doesn't detract from my overall enjoyment of the episode.

Best part:

1. Queen Chrysalis is an AWESOME villain (who is made even more awesome in the comics)

2. Aside from BBBFF, the songs were great

3. I ended up liking Cadence & Shining Armor, even though they kinda felt like they were forced into the show

4. Twilight's conflict was excellently done

5. Some more Luna screen time is always great

6. Twilight's talking sandwich bit...

7. The certain schoolyard rhyme

8. The animation was just GORGEOUS

9. The enemies actually felt like a threat

10. The ending was SO satisfying

Easily my favorite episode of the series.

• 1 month later...