1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This was a great episode, when I first watched it I kept thinking what was wrong with candence and that she must have changed, then i realised she was possessed. This was a great way to end season 2 with some plot twists.

Here is a good video which plays well at considering the show positively and even as brilliant.

Almost everything that guy says is dumb or wrong.

He doesn't even consider what he's arguing against, he has no idea what alternatives Chrysalis has and simply asserts that what happened is genius. Discord was a genius. Chrysalis was stupid through and through.

Almost everything that guy says is dumb or wrong.

He doesn't even consider what he's arguing against, he has no idea what alternatives Chrysalis has and simply asserts that what happened is genius. Discord was a genius. Chrysalis was stupid through and through.

Sighs, you clearly did not take the time to even consider what he said if you're saying this. He is offering strong, solid explanation for what Chrysalis did using what was shown in a Canterlot Wedding. Offering an alternate view/interpretation which shows why yes what she did was actually a much more solid plan then many fans thought... but you have dismissed it completely, without consideration of any of it.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

Sighs, you clearly did not take the time to even consider what he said if you're saying this. He is offering strong, solid explanation for what Chrysalis did using what was shown in a Canterlot Wedding. Offering an alternate view/interpretation which shows why yes what she did was actually a much more solid plan then many fans thought... but you have dismissed it completely, without consideration of any of it.

Funny thing is that you're doing just that to me, right now. How can you say I'm dismissing it without consideration, while you're dismissing me without consideration?

Maybe I considered it more than you or he did, but you'd rather not ask because you don't want to think he might be wrong.

Go ahead and ask, if you care.

Okay then, why couldn't Chrysalis have planned not for trying to perfectly mimic Cadance but instead manipulate Twilight is coming offer as unreasonable and possessive? Her focus being on taking care of the Elements of Harmony, by divided the Mane Sis and turning Twilight's friends, mentor, and brother against her? Where she was in many of her actions buying time for her minions to break through the shield spell and enter Canterlot. Of the idea that she could have taunted Twilight in the crystal caves into attack Cadance with the hope that even if she escaped the bride would be indisposed? Why couldn't it be fair explanation to say that Chrysalis only acted up when Twilight was around or when she would hear about it from her friends, saying things the way she did just to make Twilight suspicious of while leaving her friends clueless?

All this would go a long way in explaining Chrysalis' plan and actions, in showing how yes she actually could be considered fairly brilliant in the way she went about things. Am I say FieryJoker's explanation and thoughts cover all the problems some fans had with the episode or the fact that Celestia still lose when fighting the changling queen? No, but it still is a solid explanation for much of what went on... unless you can tear his video apart in detail?

Edited by EquestrianScholar

Okay then, why couldn't Chrysalis have planned not for trying to perfectly mimic Cadance but instead manipulate Twilight is coming offer as unreasonable and possessive? Her focus being on taking care of the Elements of Harmony, by divided the Mane Sis and turning Twilight's friends, mentor, and brother against her?

Why bother? No seriously, why bother? What advantage does that give when the alternative is fooling everyone including Twilight?

Of the idea that she could have taunted Twilight in the crystal caves into attack Cadance with the hope that even if she escaped the bride would be indisposed?

Again, why bother? If Chrysalis wanted Cadence dead she could have done it herself, and if she wanted Twilight incapacitated by grief, why not just imprison her somewhere that she wouldn't escape from? Or heck, why bother imprisoning her at all? She totally believed Chrysalis at that point, there was no reason to reveal her evilness and put Twilight in a place where she'd find the real princess and escape as if that's all part of the plan.

Why couldn't it be fair explanation to say that Chrysalis only acted up when Twilight was around or when she would hear about it from her friends, saying things the way she did just to make Twilight suspicious of while leaving her friends clueless?

This is part of the "factually incorrect" bits I mentioned. Watching the episode shows that that simply doesn't make sense. She acted mean to Twilight's friends and they just accepted it, she never tried to hide it or make it so only Twilight would notice. She made her own bridesmaids mysteriously disappear! It can't possibly be that the others chalk it up to wedding stress and Twilight doesn't, when Twilight herself believes that excuse after Shining offers it!

And all of this assumes for no reason that Chrysalis knew that Twilight, a pony she's never met, is close, old friends fro years ago with Cadence. That's more than just doing a background check on the target, you know, it's just not plausible. All of this guy's explanations sound intelligent because they're just stupidly complicated ways of accomplishing really simple goals. Every single "genius" move could be replaced by a simpler, easier, and more effective one with less moving parts.

But more than this, he completely ignores the arguments against Chrysalis that people tend to offer. I won't presume to know what criticism he's heard, but many of the objections he cites seem so simple and irrelevant that it's like he made them up just to knock them down. The most obvious one being: If Chrysalis actually knew anything about Cadence, she would have realized that Cadence is FAR more valuable than Canterlot, being a magical infinite food generator and already captured. It makes no sense whatsoever to leave her there in the caves and go after Shining instead. Second, these are changelings, beings which feed on misplaced love by impersonating loved ones. There's not a single reason why they should divebomb Canterlot, destroy the buildings, hold the citizens captive, and occupy the city. There's no way to harvest love that way! What makes sense is to bust the shield, flood the streets, and transform into ponies so no one knows who's who. Cadence would still be in the caves, Twilight wouldn't suspect a thing about Cadence, Shining would be incapacitated, and the grunts could stop anyone from getting close to the elements.

@@Dulset Tarn,

Hmm, I think I see at least part of the problem. Its considering what the changlings are and how they are shown in A Canterlot Wedding, on what their goal was compared to what they needed. I guess I can see that, though I admit I can't fully or perhaps even partly agree because on seeing certain details differently. Like you considering Cadance a love generator that the changlings could just keep locked up and feed on whenever they are hungry, no need for anypony else. But still I guess I can see why you would find FieryJoker video stupid given your point of view.

You're also making assumptions on how the changlings feed, but it was admittingly not very well explained by the writers. Sighs

I still disagree, but I have considered your post and position on this.

• Brohoof 1

@@EquestrianScholar

Thanks. I honestly only think it makes a slight bit of sense if Chrysalis really had absolutely no idea who Cadence is.

1. She doesn't even try to act like her. It's actually funny how she ascribes a catchphrase to Cadence that the real Cadence never even uses: "I love love love it!"

2. If she had any idea that Cadence was a magical love generator, the plan would obviously have gone different. When your plan to feed your people involves "Step 1: Kidnap an infinite food generator, then leave it in a cave", something is messed up.

3. This is important. It wasn't just Cadence and Shining's love that beat Chrysalis and her army. She knew that Shining, being so drained of his love, was completely out of power and will. Remember, he was totally unresponsive to Cadence when she goes up to him. It's only because Cadence is the only one in the entire country who can do a magical love infusion that she's able to rouse Shining from Chrysalis's control and give him the power to expel them from the city. Not knowing about this one in a million ability is a fairly good explanation for why Chrysalis didn't see Shining's attack coming, because by all rights he was totally incapacitated.

So hey, speaking of the wedding...

Remember how Canterlot reeived a warning that something was going to happen to the wedding, and that's why Shining had to keep his shield up 24/7?

Anyone got any ideas WHO sent the warning?

SO I had a thought while going thru the Number that Chrysalis/Cadence sing... This whole number feels like a Nightwish song? If anyone knows who Nightwish is (Brohoof) they're awesome group... But this is where I wanna put it in. That verse in the song This Day Aria Chrysalis sang she kinda reminded me of the singer from Nightwish... Here give it a listen and tell me that doesn't make you think of them?

This is SuperBrony87 I look forward to what you all have to say?

@SuperBrony87, I moved your post to the thread focused on A Canterlot Wedding since that was the Season 2 episode that featured This Day Aria. :)

Thanks I guess, but I thought I had. I clicked the tabs thingy. A Canterlot Wedding S2 Ep1. That's was the topic. Wait I got that wrong didn't I? Ooopsy. (Derpy face insert here) Well then thanks Jeric, for correcting that mistake. I might have looked silly if anyone saw it in the wrong episode...? That said, what did you think about it? When I mentioned this song reminds me of something Nightwish would do? Very rock operatic. Any thoughts?

Amazing episode. The fact that Shining Armor, Celestia, and the rest of the Mane 6 didn't listen to Twilight's warnings with evidence at first reminds me how some people in real life can be quick to shoot the messenger. Also, the fact that Shining Armor and Celestia told Twilight off was disrespectful especially after all she's done for them in the past.

The fact that Shining Armor, Celestia, and the rest of the Mane 6 didn't listen to Twilight's warnings with evidence

Wasn't the point that she had no evidence at all? Such that she herself was convinced by the simple explanations?

She had explanations.

What about the fact that nobody could tell that Cadence was Crysallis in disguise? Really, was her act really so spot on that nopony could tell that Cadence wasn't acting like her normal self... Except for Twilight. Everypony probably blames it on her having the Wedding Day stress? But that's no excuse is it? Free will controlling trances so rare that also nopony could tell Shining Armor wasn't his normal self either?

What about the fact that nobody could tell that Cadence was Crysallis in disguise? Really, was her act really so spot on that nopony could tell that Cadence wasn't acting like her normal self... Except for Twilight. Everypony probably blames it on her having the Wedding Day stress? But that's no excuse is it? Free will controlling trances so rare that also nopony could tell Shining Armor wasn't his normal self either?

That's what I'm saying. Twilight was the only pony who was suspicious about Cadence not being her true self while the rest blamed it on pre-wedding stress. Twilight saw warning signs such as Cadence doing something suspicious to Shining Armor and behaving badly to Twilight and the rest. Twilight tried to warn them but they chose to stick to their beliefs that it was pre-wedding stress that caused it.

That's what I'm saying. Twilight was the only pony who was suspicious about Cadence not being her true self while the rest blamed it on pre-wedding stress. Twilight saw warning signs such as Cadence doing something suspicious to Shining Armor and behaving badly to Twilight and the rest. Twilight tried to warn them but they chose to stick to their beliefs that it was pre-wedding stress that caused it.

Are you just ignoring the fact that Twilight herself believed "Cadence" too? They didn't choose to stick to their beliefs, they listened to Cadence just like Twilight did. You should watch the episode again because just about all of that is wrong. Even Twilight never once doubted that it was actually Cadence.

Are you just ignoring the fact that Twilight herself believed "Cadence" too? They didn't choose to stick to their beliefs, they listened to Cadence just like Twilight did. You should watch the episode again because just about all of that is wrong. Even Twilight never once doubted that it was actually Cadence.

I didn't ignore the fact that Twilight thought that it was the real Cadence let alone say that she doubted it was the real Cadence. For the most part, I just said that Twilight was the only one who thought that Cadence was acting suspicious instead of blaming it on pre-wedding stress.