Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Power ponies, if you had to have given the mane six different powers...

Unlikeable Pony

Hmm, interesting question.  Let's see....

Twilight - I'd give her psychic powers like the ability to read minds and see things happening far away.  This would work well with her telekinesis and teleportation powers and further enforce her image as a brainiac.  

Fluttershy - As a superhero she can not only talk to animals but also shapeshift into various creatures.  Basically the pony version of Beast Boy.

Rainbow Dash - She'd be Fillisecond instead of Pinkie Pie.  Super speed definitely suits her.  And if she can create tornadoes by running in circles, that'd be even cooler.

Rarity - Maybe she doesn't have superpowers.  Instead she wears a magical cloak that allows her to fly, turn invisible and teleport.

Applejack - She seems like somepony who would have super strength and invulnerability.  Kind of like Rogue, especially with her southern accent.

Pinkie Pie - Maybe a heroic version of the Joker.  Instead of having powers, she just relies on acrobatics and gadgets like multi-colored smoke bombs and unbreakable streamers to use as lassos.  

Edited by J. Brony
  • Brohoof 2

Hmm, interesting question.  Let's see....

Twilight - I'd give her psychic powers like the ability to read minds and see things happening far away.  This would work well with her telekinesis and teleportation powers and further enforce her image as a brainiac.  

Fluttershy - As a superhero she can not only talk to animals but also shapeshift into various creatures.  Basically the pony version of Beast Boy.

Rainbow Dash - She'd be Fillisecond instead of Pinkie Pie.  Super speed definitely suits her.  And if she can create tornadoes by running in circles, that'd be even cooler.

Rarity - Maybe she doesn't have superpowers.  Instead she wears a magical cloak that allows her to fly, turn invisible and teleport.

Applejack - She seems like somepony who would have super strength and invulnerability.  Kind of like Rogue, especially with her southern accent.

Pinkie Pie - Maybe a heroic version of the Joker.  Instead of having powers, she just relies on acrobatics and gadgets like multi-colored smoke bombs and unbreakable streamers to use as lassos.  

Honestly I like your ideas better than the powers they gave them in the show

• Brohoof 1

Thanks!

I'm not sure if the real Power Ponies had abilities that suited them or not since the Mane 6 were only playing their roles.  We never got so much as a glimpse at the original group so who's to say?  I recall their being a comic starring the original Power Ponies but can't remember where I saw it.  But from what little I saw, it looked pretty cool.

Here's what I'd do IMO:

Applejack strikes me as the character who'd be the party's bruiser/tank kind of character. Plus, I find the images of her as a giant hilarious on derpibooru. So I'd give AJ the ability to grow into a giant ala Goliath.

Pinkie pie would be great if they gave her the ability to make and control Shadow clones of herself in a callback to Too many pinkie pies. Just it would be rather humorous to have a villain be swarmed by a bunch of Pinkie pies with their annoying ADHD level cranked up to maximum, while they destroy them in a slapstick manner while real pinkie pie uses them as a distraction. Plus, having pinkie having conversations with herself would add for comedy relief.

Fluttershy as an Aquaman kind of character would be good. But Turn it up to 11 with her summoning absurdly powerful or large animals in places that just don't make SENSE, like her having a tatzlwurm pop up out of the ground in the middle of a fight.

The only one I'd want to change is Twilight's, mostly into something that isn't a nerfed version of what she can already do 

I heavily disagree with this, as it would've been really predictable to the point where the fun was sucked out of seeing what her powers were like(plus the kind of speed Filli-Second has is more suited for Pinkie Pie's hyperactivity imo). Controlling weather is still a little expected, but not as much as super speed, and it was really fun to see her going crazy with weather

Here's what I'd do IMO:

Applejack strikes me as the character who'd be the party's bruiser/tank kind of character. Plus, I find the images of her as a giant hilarious on derpibooru. So I'd give AJ the ability to grow into a giant ala Goliath.

Pinkie pie would be great if they gave her the ability to make and control Shadow clones of herself in a callback to Too many pinkie pies. Just it would be rather humorous to have a villain be swarmed by a bunch of Pinkie pies with their annoying ADHD level cranked up to maximum, while they destroy them in a slapstick manner while real pinkie pie uses them as a distraction. Plus, having pinkie having conversations with herself would add for comedy relief.

Fluttershy as an Aquaman kind of character would be good. But Turn it up to 11 with her summoning absurdly powerful or large animals in places that just don't make SENSE, like her having a tatzlwurm pop up out of the ground in the middle of a fight.

I'm a little torn on Fluttershy, as I actually loved her as the Saddle Ranger/Hulk motif and thought it was hilarious, but your suggestion is more suited for her character.

Love the Pinkie and AJ suggestions though

Edited by Megas75

Twilight- Telekinesis, ie mind over matter powers

Rainbow Dash- Super Speed

Pinkie Pie- Teleportation

Rarity- Complete control over light  

Applejack- Super Strength (Yeah very original I know)

Fluttershy- Either control over nature or Super Saiyan. 

Twilight- Telekinesis, ie mind over matter powers

Rainbow Dash- Super Speed

Pinkie Pie- Teleportation

Rarity- Complete control over light  

Applejack- Super Strength (Yeah very original I know)

Fluttershy- Either control over nature or Super Saiyan. 

To be honest, I kind of think DBZ super saiyan abilities would fit Dash's personality best, due to her love of action and being an action hero.

She seems like the type who'd be into and fantasize about a DBZ fight series, and it'd fit her personality to be a goku/vegeta knock off.