Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How did Sunset Shimmer find Twilight's room?

ggg-2

Where's your source for the confirmation that the Pony of Shadows was Tirek? i can't find anything from Josh Haber relating to that.

I've heard it from hearsay or so. Thus far I'm at a lost trying to find that info so you may disregard my belief the pony of shadows was Tirek. All I can find is that he dodged the question and said that the pony of shadows wasn't an ending gag.

The bigger question is how did Sunset knew there was a new Princess and had a crown with magic in it and finally how did Sunset know that wearing the crown gave her magic powers? Spike wore Rainbow Dash's element and nothing happened.

I always assumed Sunset did some reconnaissance before embarking on her plan. 

Pretty simple.

Also Sunset had no idea exactly on what the effects the crown would have in the first place which makes her comment towards Twilight in the first movie rather ironic.

Edited by UnknownFry

• 1 month later...

According to headcanon, Flash Sentry (YEAH BRONIES I SPELL HIS NAME RIGHT) went through the portal every now and then and talked Equestrian news with Sunset. Since they were a thing at the time, it would just look like bf + gf lovey dovey speak. I mean, mirror moves to Crystal Empire for safe keeping and BAM! New guy who obviously ISN'T a crystal pony and looks NOTHING like the other guards. Something fishy... Sunset knew everything a guard needed to know, like where was the princess and when she was there. Everything FLASH would know. I'm guessing Flash didn't know he was helping evil succeed in a crime, but thought Sunset just wanted to keep up and it was for a good cause.

:rarity:  :fluttershy:  :dash: Merry Chrismas!  :pinkie:  :twi:  :icwudt: 

• Brohoof 1

I think I have an explanation as to why Sunset Shimmer found Twilight's room. First, if Sunset Shimmer was banished to the human world, that portal would have had to exist, at least that's what I think. The only other person we have seen in the regular show that can open up a portal to another dimension is Discord. In Granny Smith's flashback, Celestia has already been located to the Canterlot castle. So, Sunset Shimmer knew the portal led into Canterlot Castle. Sunset Shimmer would probably only be ten years older than Twilight in reality. So, the question arises, how did she find out that there was a new princess?

Edited by LunaDream

I think this was answerd perfectly in the Harisay Brothers review of Equestria Girls, but the video got deleted at some point, for copyright.

From what I remember, I think they explained that Since Flash was a guard in the Empire, which Twi was staying at, he discovered the mirror, went through it, Sunset, who was already in the human world gathered info about Twi, the castle layout, the crown, etc. from that Flash, before he went back through the mirror. I watched the review a while ago, so I could be remembering it wrong, but it did make a Lot of sense, with the explanation they gave, as to why Sunset knew where the room was.

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

You know how Rarity has that magic to find gems? Well Sunset used that exact magic to find Twilight's crown and therefore finding her room! At least that is what I think

Better question is how did she know Twilight became an alicorn and had the crown of the Elements of Harmony which wasn't even in the crown form when Celestia used it?

But yeah Celestia probably still tried to communicate with her with that diary.

Edited by cider float

• 1 month later...

I think she was already in the castle earlier that day and spyed on the princesses before she went back to the human world to get the Fall Formal crown.

And yes, the gurads suck.

Edited by Fluidty