Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

member q+a SFyr Q&A

Batbrony

It's nice to meet you... Ish. I am not a big questioner, but I was wondering just some random things:

1. What is your opinion of the show; MLP, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tail, Gravity Falls, and Adventure Time?

2. If you don't know any of these cartoons/animes, does my mentioning them give you the urge to check them out?

3. If you checked them out, what do you think of them?

And really... That's all I could think to ask. Sorry if I repeated a question. If you want, you may skip this question with no offence. :)

I also would like to say I admire your persistence and patience. Good job! :D

Edited by Overlord0909
  • Brohoof 1

It's nice to meet you... Ish. I am not a big questioner, but I was wondering just some random things:

1. What is your opinion of the show; MLP, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tail, Gravity Falls, and Adventure Time?

2. If you don't know any of these cartoons/animes, does my mentioning them give you the urge to check them out?

3. If you checked them out, what do you think of them?

And really... That's all I could think to ask. Sorry if I repeated a question. If you want, you may skip this question with no offence. :)

I also would like to say I admire your persistence and patience. Good job! :D

Hello!

MLP - Awesome show, really shows how handling something right and with through/proper execution can achieve massive success.

MLaaTR - Loved it as a kid. Rewatched a huge chunk of it fairly recently, and honestly I still legitimately enjoy it, though now I sympathize with Nora more than I used to, and less so with Jenny. Kinda wish it was still more relevent.  :P

Bleach, Naruto, and Fairy Tale - Didn't watch much (or at all in the latter case); can't say there's a strong interest there, but them seem decent enough.

Gravity Falls - Really enjoyed it, though I sadly haven't kept up with it...

Adventure Time - Not a fan per say, but I enjoy it a moderate bit--I have admittedly ranted once or twice about why it's awesome though.

Sadly already know of them all, so no change.  :grin2:

Doesn't apply I suppose, haha.  :rarity:

Thanks so much! And I appreciate the questions, haha.  ;)

Your proudest artwork (MLP and non-MLP)?

Mmm. I think that falls in line with my favorite, being that it changes to much to really hold weight.  :rarity: Though proudest, hmm. I could probably count my 100th request, as it symbolized an achievement that I legitimately am proud of.

Character belongs to Night Mist

request_100___for_night_mist_by_sapphire

Nothing like it on the pony side, sadly.

Edited by SFyr
  • Brohoof 4

That is an adorable drawing up there! I absolutely love your style! :3

Now I'm not sure if this was asked, (pretty much because I'm just too tired and lazy to read through every question...) what program do you use to draw?

And, how long did it take you to shade well? I have such a hard time shading my work that I really never do it. >.<

Do you have any tips?

Edited by PrincessWubsyButt~
  • Brohoof 2

That is an adorable drawing up there! I absolutely love your style! :3

Now I'm not sure if this was asked, (pretty much because I'm just too tired and lazy to read through every question...) what program do you use to draw?

And, how long did it take you to shade well? I have such a hard time shading my work that I really never do it. >.<

Do you have any tips?

Thanks so much!  :lol: That's flattering to hear!

I use Photoshop in most cases. Though, I occasionally dip into Illustrator for vectors or Paint XP for pixel art (only standard windows paint I like).  :)

Ah. I think I remember feeling the same way, haha. I dreaded shading because it was so time consuming--I've since found a faster way, and worked with it enough that I can bring some detail back in without it being horrible. But enjoying it only came after making it less of a headache, which was good for practice.  :P And time to learn... eh. I hesitate to give it a specific time frame, especially since it really depends more on how much time I spent on actually shading, rather than the whole months/years/etc, as that doesn't always say much without knowing what I did during that time.

My general tips are to draw from life (or draw life) when you can, as it's pretty invaluable experience. That, and there's no shame in drawing inspiration or quirks to experiment with from other artists. I'm not saying all out copy a style, but sometimes you find all kinds of ideas or tidbits when trying to look at how other people have excelled or found a way to work with. I found my style somewhere between playing with numerous others, and I still have ideas for other quirks and changes too on my list to play with.  :grin2:

Well, it's been fun. Thanks for the questions y'all.♥ Peace out!

Edited by SFyr
  • Brohoof 1