Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can guys become Alicorns?

Silver Stream.

Um, coming from a guy, actually they want to keep the young girl look in the show, and give a stallion the form of an Alicorn would go against that look, but who knows. That's my perspective.

I agree, but in my headcanon, that wouldn't impede stallions become alicorns if allowed 

If there were any prince's that weren't douchebags  :love:

Only two prince's i can remember are Blueblood and Sombra. One was a villian and the other was as useless as a sack with a hole in the bottom.

• Brohoof 1

If there were any prince's that weren't douchebags  :love:

Only two prince's i can remember are Blueblood and Sombra. One was a villian and the other was as useless as a sack with a hole in the bottom.

Especially to Rarity when she went to the gala and had feelings for him.

sc_56_mlpfim_24_themostuncharmingprincee

Loved that moment to death.

• Brohoof 2

Yes, of course. Alicornhood is chosen by merit and capability, by being a fair and benevolent ruler, and has nothing to do with genitals. Would be silly to assume gender is relevant.

Starswirl came close, but he didn't properly understand friendship, going by what Celestia said.

For the universe's sake, ignoring merchandising, I would say that it's possible in very rare cases. However, in a matriarchal society a stallion would have to show a vast amount of initiative, character strength, and adhere to a disproportionately high standard of composure. Males in the show have been shown as either average at many things, not good at anything, strongly specialized at one skill while lacking the ability to do anything else proficiently, and/or shallow. The stallion would have to be so awesome that he'd be annoyingly non-relatable and a douche because, given what we've seen, a stallion wouldn't have gotten another shot after any "Lesson Zero" comparable behavior.

Equestria is not a matriarchal society, it is gender egalitarian. There has never been anything to indicate one gender as being more advantaged or anything of that sort. We've also seen ponies of both genders doing all sorts of things. You could technically refer to the top of their government as matriarchal in a sort of technicality, since the current alicorns are female, but their society? It very clearly has gender equality and both genders are equally influential overall. 

Also, both genders have been portrayed quite evenly in the show. The show focuses on female characters more, by giving them more screentime, which means we see more into their lives (doesn't neccessarily apply to side characters, both genders get around the same amount of screentime per character there), but it has never portrayed one gender as superior, end of story. It's quite simply ridiculous to claim that the show is portraying one gender as superior.

I'm gonna be blunt. What you're saying there is just ridiculous, and to be honest I'm tired of seeing people try to claim it when it's so clearly wrong. The only real distinction between the portrayal of female and male characters as a whole in MLP is that the female characters often get more screentime. There is no indication of superiority, I can assure you.

Edited by Vixor
  • Brohoof 1

All it seems to take is making a profound and/or powerful personal connection to some kind of force or concept. So I don't see why not.

I like to think any kind of pony from any race or sex could become an alicorn.

Especially since saying, "Oh, I'm sorry, you weren't born a girl and you don't have a horn on your head, so you aren't capable of making a cosmic magical connection and ascending to royalty" is a HORRIBLE message with unfortunate implications out the wazoo.

Edited by ShadOBabe

I'm sure that, while it's possible, it's not gonna happen  :(

poor Big Mac will never have his dreams come true.  :mellow:

Also I'm sure dem stallions could, but not within the show.

Fanfic authors, get to work on it! 

A thousand years after the events of MLP: Fim~ Celestia finds her first ever male student and sends dat flank to ponyville because of how well it worked out for her last student.  :sunbutt:  "Now make all da friends now, ya hear?"