Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much did you hate middle school?

Metallic Strings

Well, I'm a Junior in high-school now. Middle school was three years ago for me, and I must say I didn't enjoy it at all. >.>

Seventh grade was just awful, I was so scared to even leave elementary school. And all the new people from the other elementary schools were overwhelming for me, as well as walking to a different class 9 times a day. I had trouble making friends with some and one of my best friends became really distant and hasn't talked to me much since seventh grade began. Some of my teachers were very angry people. My grades also started to drop into the 70's by the end of seventh grade (and have dropped even lower in classes since). So that was a train wreck. 

Eighth grade wasn't too bad, I suppose. Although my first period math teacher was extremely rude and made me feel like garbage all the time because I was having a hard time understanding some things.. I met a couple friends near the end of the year that I'm still currently friends with today which is really nice. 

Now, I just want to get out of school pronto. XD

My elementary school and my middle school were actually the same place, so that entire experience sucked and was awful. In most schools you get bullied by other students, in mine I also got bullied by the teachers. High school also sucked, basically my school experience has just been awfulness up until I started college, where it has been steadily improving to the point where I actually feel happy. So yeah, as it turns out there was a light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm content with that.

My middle school experience wasn't too bad...

As long as I could avoid the bad places.  And outrun/hide from the bullies.  And keep from making the teachers mad, which was eerily easy to do.  And keep away from the gangs.  And squeak by the dangerous parking lot.  And...

... okay, you know what?  Forget I said anything.   :mellow:

What the hell is middle school? What age? I've tried looking it up but I get age ranges from 9-12, 8-15 and pretty much every other permutation possible within those bounds. Here in the Netherlands, we've got elementary school from 4-12, then high school from 12-18, more or less.

The years I assume would count as middle school were pretty fine for me. The only reason I hated going to school was because I never did my homework and I wasn't eager to get detention. Socially, I had few friends but I didn't feel like an outcast or anything of the sort. I guess the only year I didn't like as much was my first year of high school because I didn't know anyone and didn't really have many people to hang with. The second year was much better since I became more accepted within the group, and after that we moved to a new city where I've always been fine.

7th grade was the worst thing that happened to me, i was not only the weird kid, but the new kid that year, i had no friends and a lot of people made fun of me, i tried opening up and being friendly and it back fired hard, the next year was slightly better, i made a friend, but it was the worst gym experience i had, to the point even the coaches were against me

• Brohoof 1

7th grade was the worst thing that happened to me, i was not only the weird kid, but the new kid that year, i had no friends and a lot of people made fun of me, i tried opening up and being friendly and it back fired hard, the next year was slightly better, i made a friend, but it was the worst gym experience i had, to the point even the coaches were against me

God, I know how you feel. I was beaten, taunted, and generally bullied on a consistent basis in 7th grade. I was completely alone, I had my ears flicked, spitwads thrown at me, my homework assignments stolen and/or vandalized, lewd drawings taped to my back, my books knocked out of my hands and kicked all over the place, too afraid to use the bathroom because my asshat peers would get away with everything in there. 8th grade was absolutely terrible too, but at least me and my two closest friends were there to endure it together.

My middle school years were the worst of my life. To sum it up, I got in my first and only fight then, I was bullied endlessly, and all in all I have those years to blame for making me somewhat of a psychological wreck. High school was leaps and bounds better and college is amazing. 

• 4 years later...

Actually I recently realized that it was the best time in my life. Of course I hated school back then and thought that when I finish it, I would be finally happy. 

In middle school I was at the age, when I'm already smart enough to have hobbies and interests, but not that old to worry about your future. I had some great friends, school subjects weren't difficult, it was the last period in my life when I'd been actually going out with friends

Nowadays I still have those friends, my hobby even gives me a bit of income, but I'm constantly worrying about my future, about final exams next year, etc. And I understand that the further I go in life, the worrier I become

• Brohoof 1

It wasn't horrible, I was just indifferent to it. Well, until there were a bunch of BS rules for the Lunch Room implemented in Eighth Grade. You had to ask permission to stand up and throw away your garbage/go to the restroom. I heard from friends who had siblings go to that school after we graduated from Middle School, who said that they aren't even aloud to talk during lunch time anymore.

(edited)

We don't usually have middle school here in the UK (with a few exceptions I think) just primary and secondary. But as I am aware middle school is like the last year of primary and the first 3 of the secondary. Well I hated secondary especially the first few although it never got that much better and I liked primary at least the last year anyways so I guess that means I disliked middle school lulz  I remember watching diary of a Wimpy kid and I think they had it set middle school then looked very yuck hahah.

Edited by flurry

Never went to middle school as I was in a junior high school. :P

That said; I enjoyed it and I actually preferred it over my high school experience. Granted nothing beats my college years, but I have more fond memories of junior high vs. high school.

• Brohoof 1

Middle school actually wasn’t all that bad to me.  I had friends, it’s when I started band, and it just really was a pleasant experience all around. 

Honestly the only thing I can say I hated when I look back on it is watching a kid get bullied everyday, and not standing for him because I was too afraid to do so. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Wait, doesn't the question assume you already hated school? XD

I didn't hate middle school, no. My classmates however..

Edited by Yakamaru
Redudant wording

• 2 years later...

Middle school was around the time where I started to become quieter as it went on because teachers hated that I would attempt to talk to my classmates and make friends. To them I was supposed to only be an obedient studious student, sure...

Also was falling behind academically starting in 7th grade. Especially in 8th grade, I hated my math teacher cuz he decided to publicly shame me in front of everyone for no reason and told me I was going to fail without tutoring. I did do the tutoring but that never helped. Luckily I got a fairly high score on the finals when he said it was predicted I would fail. Total jerk.

I kinda had to do those tests in my own way when I didn't understand the material much. Process of elimination and lucky guessing.

• 1 month later...

it was not a fun time, but not in the ways you might think, i suppose.

everyone's trying to figure themselves out, whether knowingly or otherwise, and they're impulsive to a fault. anyone you might find a little odd tends to become a target for abuse (whether they recognize it as abuse or not). this actually happens no matter what clique you're in.

adolescence is not fun.

• Brohoof 1