Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did Celestia rig the polls for Twilight to be considered best princess?

ManaMinori

yet she still has time to groom Twi, and be a nor mal pony/prankster with her subjects. Her life doesn't revolve around raising the sun and ruling a nation, just from the glimpses we've seen. She still makes time for Twi, whether mentoring or boosting her public image

It's something called "suspension of disbelief." The audience accepts her as the absolute authority and i guess if she wasn't, Equestria would tumble to pieces.

Besides, i thought we talk about Celestia rigging the polls.

• Brohoof 1

Didnt you know? Celestia is evil and a vile abomination. Of course she rigged the polls. Btw, Chrysalis and Tirek are just misunderstood. They are pissed, because its all Celestias fault.

Dont worry. It's just another Celestia bashing thread. Twilight is safe.

god forbid someone has questions on Twi's overnight leap to favorite princess! God forbid someone see Sumbutg manipulating every other event in canon, to boost Twilight, and have the audacity to think it's the same thing, now! It must be a Celestia bash thread!

I HATE Celestia, yes. And Twi. But all I'm doing is speculating in line with her past canon actions. In NONE of my posts here am I bashing her. So stop assuming.

Though Celestia has done more in the past and it was she who actually pushed Twilight in the right direction to become an Alicorn in the first place, it makes sense that Twilight would be the most liked Princess in Equestria simply because she's NEW. It doesn't mean Celestia will be stepping down soon (who knows?) but it's natural for the people to be more drawn to newer things or people. I'm sure they'll still prefer Celestia over Twilight when it comes to being the highest ruler of Equestria, but as far as popularity, Twilight is the new deal and has done more exciting things recently than Celestia

why, then, weren't ponies flocking to her and kissing her hooves, when she first became a princess, all brand spankin new and whatnot? The new and shiny factor should've gotten her that cab she wanted cutsies for, in Manehattan. It should've gotten her not hushed in the library, in Canterlot, when she was with Moondancer. Ponie have treated her like a normal pony like one of them. So I don’t understand where the sudden adoration comes from to rocket her above Cadance, above Luna, above Sunbutt, to hold the title of Favorite Princess.

why, then, weren't ponies flocking to her and kissing her hooves, when she first became a princess, all brand spankin new and whatnot? The new and shiny factor should've gotten her that cab she wanted cutsies for, in Manehattan. It should've gotten her not hushed in the library, in Canterlot, when she was with Moondancer. Ponie have treated her like a normal pony like one of them. So I don’t understand where the sudden adoration comes from to rocket her above Cadance, above Luna, above Sunbutt, to hold the title of Favorite Princess.

1. They did cheer her at the coronation

2. People in Manhatten are considered to be very rude, so the same can be assumed about Manehatten. Manhatteners probably wouldn't give a cap to Barack Obama.

3. We are talking about a few ponies and they probably where to busy reading the books to pay close attention who they where shushing.

Of course, i am also just speculating.

• Brohoof 1

3. We are talking about a few ponies and they probably where to busy reading the books to pay close attention who they where shushing.

Rules are rules. Everypony knows that within a library, no pony is above the Librarian! Having been one herself, Twilight should know this.

Question: When is Twilight reopening a lending library in Ponyville?

• Brohoof 3

Question: When is Twilight reopening a lending library in Ponyville?

She has a Library in her castle. I guess some ponies get in and out to get some, since Twilight seems to be the kind of pony, who holds the door open for everybody.

• Brohoof 1

She has a Library in her castle. I guess some ponies get in and out to get some, since Twilight seems to be the kind of pony, who holds the door open for everybody.

Just a tiny smidgen off topic, but I would love to see some kind of official library reopening in an episode. In real life, I adore libraries!  

Back on topic, It makes sense to me that Sassy's "Pony on the street" poll would rank Twilight as most popular Princess. Even though Celestia and Luna live in Canterlot, Twilight is out among the population much more than they are.

• Brohoof 1

Really? Let's compare how the Public see's the Two of them:

Celestia:

• Publicly lost a fight against Chrysalis
  • Failed to stop Tirek in any way
  • Been around forever, and doesn't appear to be changing at all
  • sits on her throne all day making laws
  • Raises the Sun

Twilight:

• Was one of the common ponies
  • Recently became the Newest Alicorn
  • Fought Tirek in a massive battle.
  • Defeated Tirek and restored everyone's Magic
  • Defeated Nightmare Moon and Saved Celestia
  • Defeated Discord and Saved Equestira
  • Helped Defeat Sombra and Saved the Crystal Empire
  • Is constantly adorkable

*Note: This is not how I see them. I like Celestia better.

The Public would Like Twilight better, because she's the kickass Warrior Princess to Celestia's Bureaucrat Princess.

Not to mention she was an underdog and rising prodigy.

Back on topic, It makes sense to me that Sassy's "Pony on the street" poll would rank Twilight as most popular Princess. Even though Celestia and Luna live in Canterlot, Twilight is out among the population much more than they are.

Not too mention she is the young and new princess. Reminds me a bit of some of the new political parties that where created here in germany. Alot of people where very intrigued by them and they where high up in the votes, because they where sick of the same old same old. Same goes for Celestia and Luna.

• Brohoof 1

Apparently some people can't handle  variation from episode to episode as far as Twilight's princess status and popularity goes, but the show only brings it up or establishes when it is relevant  to the episode. Just because it is not shown or mentioned in every episode does not make it any less as valid canon.

I suspect Twilight became known more widely once she took the title of Princess of Friendship during the events of Twilight's Kingdom.

This would explain Rarity Takes Manehattan rather perfectly in why no one recognized her as she was still was relatively unknown at the time, but she was widely recognized in Canterlot during Princess Twilight Sparkle suggesting there may be a regional variation in the recognition of Equestrian sovereigns

Granted there is also Trade Ya to account for but I suspect the ponies at Rainbow Falls knew she was coming as well as a Princess always presides over the event.

I don't think anyone has actually provided proof of Celestia rigging the poll to boost Twilight's image so the burden of proof still lies squarely on the accusers. 

As for the library thing no Princess is above the law or rules.

Twilight Time, Princess Spike, Magical Mystery Cure, Twilight's Kingdom, Princess Twilight Sparkle, Amending Fences, and Canterlot Boutique,and Trade Ya more or less support the idea of her popularity as princess to a degree. So at least 10 episodes by my reckoning.

There also have been some secondary materials that have suggested and or implied Twilight's popularity as a princess as well so this is not something that popped up just overnight as some would suggest.

Edited by UnknownFry
  • Brohoof 2

god forbid someone has questions on Twi's overnight leap to favorite princess! God forbid someone see Sumbutg manipulating every other event in canon, to boost Twilight, and have the audacity to think it's the same thing, now! It must be a Celestia bash thread!

I HATE Celestia, yes. And Twi. But all I'm doing is speculating in line with her past canon actions. In NONE of my posts here am I bashing her. So stop assuming.

Jesus...

Personal note: Dont read, if you are not logged in. You have to read stuff like that, else.

Edited by Swifty

Indeed. Twilight has gotten nearly no recognition or respect. Ponies even have the audacity to shush her in a library. She's a princess which makes her above them. They should be bowing on the mere sight of her but they don't. Most don't recognize that she's a princess or they don't care.

Her popularity makes no sense.

It's because she doesn't need recognition or absurd amounts of respect. The populace would consider her much more relatable, as Celestia and Luna are generally considered goddesses. You're supposed to be quiet in a library, and Twilight is not going to banish them or anything, so they shush her. There's not really a need to care, as she's considered part of the populace.

Ponies are more popular then god-forces.