Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Them's Fightin' Herds

FayeHame

Have you heard of this game ? Lauren faust is doing the design, and the people that make the game in general are bronies ! 

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/them-s-fightin-herds

Are you going to play it? I already put 15 dollars to help the project and have it when its out, i want to play with some of you when this is out !

My steam : Im a dog and i like socks !

PEACE

• Brohoof 2

I have no interest in this project.  

It sucks that MANE6 got the C&D order for Fighting Is Magic and I think it's great that they've found a new outlet for all of their creative energies.  But Lauren Faust's offer to design characters for this game just feels like an act of spite towards Hasbro to me.  

• Brohoof 5

@@J. Brony, from what I've seen, it sounds like she's actually jumping on this to make another little world of sorts with its own lore.  :) 

Personally I'm $25 in already, haha.   :lol:

• Brohoof 1

@@J. Brony, from what I've seen, it sounds like she's actually jumping on this to make another little world of sorts with its own lore.  :)

Personally I'm $25 in already, haha.   :lol:

This game looks freaking awesome and original ! Im sure its going to be sooo nice ! <3

• Brohoof 1

I have no interest in this project.  

It sucks that MANE6 got the C&D order for Fighting Is Magic and I think it's great that they've found a new outlet for all of their creative energies.  But Lauren Faust's offer to design characters for this game just feels like an act of spite towards Hasbro to me.  

How is it an act of spite? I'm no gamer, but I think it's very nice that she's helping out.

• Brohoof 1

Don't get me wrong, the fighting engine used in this game and the original Fighting Is Magic is impressive.  I'm amazed at how well MANE6 did with translating the fighting engine for quadrupedal characters.  From what I've seen in the demos Them's Fightin' Herds is just as impressive.  No doubt it'll turn out to be a good game in the end.

But, as an MLP fan, I just can't shake the notion that this game is a knock-off of the original and it saddens me that Fighting Is Magic got the C&D order.  I'd have totally played it if it had ever been completed.

As for Lauren Faust's motivations for assisting with Them's Fightin' Words, I can only speculate.  Maybe she was still butthurt over having to leave MLP or maybe she just wants to create a new world, one where here creative license won't be challenged.  Either way she garners sympathy or disdain depending on where one stands on her gripe with Hasbro. 

Edited by J. Brony
  • Brohoof 2

Could just be that she wanted to help.

I'm pretty sure hasbro isn't pissed that a fighting game completely unrelated to mlp is being made xD

• Brohoof 2

How is it an act of spite? I'm no gamer, but I think it's very nice that she's helping out.

It's just the impression I got from things.  Take it with a grain of salt.

I'm pretty sure hasbro isn't pissed that a fighting game completely unrelated to mlp is being made xD

Not this incarnation since all of their trademark characters have been removed.

It's just the impression I got from things.  Take it with a grain of salt.

I just went and looked at some of the character art. It's adorable. I like how Lauren Faust changed up her style a bit for it. I thought the following comic to be really funny!

post-375-0-39125900-1444957737_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 4

Not to call doom and gloom, but i fear this game is gonna flop, because of 3 reasons.

1. It's a fighting game. If you want to publish a fighting game, you should seriously aim at Console gamers, because not every PC gamer wants to buy a controller and rather play stuff with their Keyboards.

2. The game will cost 40$ and only has 6 or 7 characters. Street Fighter 2 in 1991 had 8 characters in the Arcades and these days, we have fighting games that have 40 or 50 unique characters, so this game dosen't have alot of variety.

3. Only Bronies will care about it and that's not really all bronies, because of the simple fact "it dosen't have ponies in it." And Bronies who do buy it, are just buying it, because it's the closest thing they get to "Fighting is Magic."

Maybe i am wrong. Maybe it will be a huge success. But i simply don't see it.

• Brohoof 8

Not to call doom and gloom, but i fear this game is gonna flop, because of 3 reasons.

1. It's a fighting game. If you want to publish a fighting game, you should seriously aim at Console gamers, because not every PC gamer wants to buy a controller and rather play stuff with their Keyboards.

2. The game will cost 40$ and only has 6 or 7 characters. Street Fighter 2 in 1991 had 8 characters in the Arcades and these days, we have fighting games that have 40 or 50 unique characters, so this game dosen't have alot of variety.

3. Only Bronies will care about it and that's not really all bronies, because of the simple fact "it dosen't have ponies in it." And Bronies who do buy it, are just buying it, because it's the closest thing they get to "Fighting is Magic."

There are ponies in ! And it have all the cuteness and the good background that mlp have, its only 15 bucks and LAUREN FAUST ! LAUREN FUCKING FAUST ! ^^ <3 Peace love you.

Whatever im definitly going to play to that game as well. (On pc of course) !

Its going to work, i hope !

Pretty much, also couple that with the fact that they still need a good almost 90 grand in 6 days. They are struggling just to meet the minimum.

There are ponies in ! And it have all the cuteness and the good background that mlp have, its only 15 bucks and LAUREN FAUST ! LAUREN FUCKING FAUST ! ^^ <3 Peace love you.

Whatever im definitly going to play to that game as well. (On pc of course) !

Its going to work, i hope !

Why should i buy a game for the reason, that it was made by Lauren Faust, a women that is so salty ever she left the MLP group and probably makes this game out of spite.

If you like it, fine by me. But buying it just because is made by Faust dosen't hold up. That's like saying Resident Evil 6 is good, because it was made by Capcom.

• Brohoof 3

Why should i buy a game for the reason, that it was made by Lauren Faust, a women that is so salty ever she left the MLP group and probably makes this game out of spite.

If you like it, fine by me. But buying it just because is made by Faust dosen't hold up. That's like saying Resident Evil 6 is good, because it was made by Capcom.

I don't ask to buy it bro :) don't worry

I don't ask to buy it bro :) don't worry

It's okay. I was just explaining my point of view. :P

• Brohoof 1

I am noticing that it's struggling pretty hard to meet its goal. Usually very successful crowd funding projects get funded very early in and then start getting to their stretch goals. At this rate, they are going to be lucky if they even get the funding. They are 6 days from closing and they may just BARELY meet their final goals. I think that speaks worlds about who is ACTUALLY interested in this game. The problem is that all of the backers are not really "customers" either. They are paying for the game to be made, so there is no profit being made off of them.

Ultimately, the game is struggling just to make the minimum, and with a roaster of 6 characters and a supposedly release in April 2017, I think the game will fall victim to a very lackluster release with a tiny cult following. 2 years is an insanely long time to expect a game with only 6 playable characters, that has been in production for 2 years prior to this. They basically are saying that they need 4 years to make a fighting game with 6 characters. Me thinks a majority of that money is going to paying royalties to Mrs. Faust.

No buy from me. The devs have little experience, a rather lengthy projected development time, a poor choice in representation (Faust) and are hoping to sell the game based solely on Faust's appearance and coat tailing off of MLP. They are unshamefully meeting the BARE minimum of the requirements of their cease and desist.

Eh. The first reason isn't really a factor. Skullgirls did pretty well on PC.

Looks like it'll cost 15 dollars on the kickstarter page unless they're raising it a tonne, so thats not terrible.

3rd reason is possible, but looking at the funding its getting I'm not so sure : P

• Brohoof 1

Eh. The first reason isn't really a factor. Skullgirls was a pc exclusive fighter and it went pretty well : P

Looks like it'll cost 15 dollars on the kickstarter page unless they're raising it a tonne, so thats not terrible.

3rd reason is possible, but looking at the funding its getting I'm not so sure : P

Again, all speculation.

I might be wrong. But i honestly don't see it becoming a huge success.

This right here just curb-stomped, slaughtered, and defecated the little trace of hope and interest I had with this game.

Even for $15-$20, who in their right mind would buy a 6-roster fighting game in 2015, let alone 2017? Especially when the current standard is well over 50 characters. Even other indie fighters at least aim for, at bare minimum, over Street Fighter 2's 12-16 roster. And charging $40 is absolutely ludicrous 

Edited by Megas75

This right here just curb-stomped, slaughtered, and defecated the little trace of hope and interest I had with this game.

Even for $15-$20, who in their right mind would buy a 6-roster fighting game in 2015, let alone 2017? Especially when the current standard is well over 50 characters. Even other indie fighters at least aim for, at bare minimum, over Street Fighter 2's 12-16 roster. And charging $40 is absolutely ludicrous 

It'll be $15-20

Hypno read the featured donor thing rather than the actual cost.

And I'm sure additional characters could be added with dlc {As skullgirls did, having like 8 characters in the beginning, adding 6 as dlc. Costs a tonne of money to make a well detailed character thats actually decent}

As for Lauren Faust's motivations for assisting with Them's Fightin' Words, I can only speculate. Maybe she was still butthurt over having to leave MLP or maybe she just wants to create a new world, one where here creative license won't be challenged. Either way she garners sympathy or disdain depending on where one stands on her gripe with Hasbro.

You're each playing up to stupid conspiracy theories. Even when she was working on FIM, she liked Fighting Is Magic and wanted it to succeed. Faust got involved because she did not want what would've been the project of the fandom to go to waste. There's nothing salty or spiteful about anything here. The simple and cute character designs and stories are fruits of her involvement.

2 years is an insanely long time to expect a game with only 6 playable characters, that has been in production for 2 years prior to this. They basically are saying that they need 4 years to make a fighting game with 6 characters. Me thinks a majority of that money is going to paying royalties to Mrs. Faust.
  1. As a Sonic fan, two years of development time for any game actually doesn't feel that long at all. Even with six playable characters, you still have to take care of the development of multiple parts, such as the moves, graphics, having the characters function with the gaming engine and not glitch constantly, and so on. Gaming is a multi-layered process. I don't play games anymore, but I'd rather have a quality fighting game with limited characters than a poor or imbalanced fighting game with too many characters.

we have fighting games that have 40 or 50 unique characters, so this game dosen't have alot of variety.

Even for $15-$20, who in their right mind would buy a 6-roster fighting game in 2015, let alone 2017? Especially when the current standard is well over 50 characters. Even other indie fighters at least aim for, at bare minimum, over Street Fighter 2's 12-16 roster.

Actually, I find the limited cast of characters to be a much better choice. Think of the Costco model when you shop. In places like Walmart or the traditional supermarket, you have at least twenty options. Sometimes, they can overwhelm the customer so much, they'll walk away empty-handed. Costco's choices are far more limited; more shoppers will quickly buy them knowing they won't have to strain for a while. With TFH, you won't be so overwhelmed with twenty to forty characters. With six characters, the player can quickly decide who to play. Just because it's not the standard doesn't mean they should pander to it.
  3. You're looking at the budget too simply. There's a lot to handle with the budget outside of a salary or royalties. You have to pay for the equipment needed to develop the graphics, engine, and sound/score. Production also factors in the cost, and advertising may be, too. In the really big industry, research, too. Computers powerful enough to develop are a must, and that can cost a lot of money. I'm not sure how Mane6 will spend the dough, but I don't recommend oversimplifying it.
  • Brohoof 1

Eh. The first reason isn't really a factor. Skullgirls did pretty well on PC.

What do you mean the funding it's getting? It's struggling to meet its goals. Even the Homestuck video game was able to quadruple its goal within the first few days. This game is struggling to meet it while we approach the final week.