Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Them's Fightin' Herds

FayeHame

What do you mean the funding it's getting? It's struggling to meet its goals. Even the Homestuck video game was able to quadruple its goal within the first few days. This game is struggling to meet it while we approach the final week.

its 82% done and there's 6 days left. 

It seems likely to be funded (Hopefully not jinxing it but : P).

Also not surprised about the homestuck one, since its.. Y'know. Homestuck. One of the biggest fandoms on the internet xD

This is something slightly connected to one of the larger fandoms on the internet, but not in the same way >.<

You're each playing up to stupid conspiracy theories. Even when she was working on FIM, she liked Fighting Is Magic and wanted it to succeed. Faust got involved because she did not want what would've been the project of the fandom to go to waste. There's nothing salty or spiteful about anything here. The simple and cute character designs and stories are fruits of her involvement.

I would appreciate it if you didn't call people "stupid". It was unprofessional at the very least.

As a Sonic fan, two years of development time for any game actually doesn't feel that long at all. Even with six playable characters, you still have to take care of the development of multiple parts, such as the moves, graphics, having the characters function with the gaming engine and not glitch constantly, and so on. Gaming is a multi-layered process. I don't play games anymore, but I'd rather have a quality fighting game with limited characters than a poor or imbalanced fighting game with too many characters.

>As a Sonic Fan.

Have you seen the Sonic franchise as of late? It's not a good basis to consider game development uner. The problem is they have been working on the game for two years ALREADY, and this is not going to be a big 3D model using game with the latest cutting edge technology or an engine they have to build from scratch. 4 years for a 6 character roaster? That's pretty crap in my opinion.

>I don't play games anymore.

I am someone who does play games and studies the industry every single day. You may want to allow people who actually understand the latest demands of the industry and what is expected of games to take this one if you are not current.

The fact remains that 4 years even for an Indie project like this that has a lot of work done for them in that the engine was built by someone else for them, and the characters were designed by an outside source. All they have to do is code and put it all together. It's unreasonable by any capacity.

Actually, I find the limited cast of characters to be a much better choice.

"I find".

Other people are not you. I do not think it's unreasonable to expect at least 10 characters that are developed well and play nicely within a 4 year period. I think many would agree too, considering far more has been done in less time.

Think of the Costco model when you shop. In places like Walmart or the traditional supermarket, you have at least twenty options. Sometimes, they can overwhelm the customer so much, they'll walk away empty-handed. Costco's choices are far more limited; more shoppers will quickly buy them knowing they won't have to strain for a while. With TFH, you won't be so overwhelmed with twenty to forty characters. With six characters, the player can quickly decide who to play. Just because it's not the standard doesn't mean they should pander to it.

And yet Walmart gains more sales.

You're looking at the budget too simply. There's a lot to handle with the budget outside of a salary or royalties. You have to pay for the equipment needed to develop the graphics, engine, and sound/score. Production also factors in the cost, and advertising may be, too. In the really big industry, research, too. Computers powerful enough to develop are a must, and that can cost a lot of money. I'm not sure how Mane6 will spend the dough, but I don't recommend oversimplifying it.

They were developing Fighting is Magic on their personal machines with no budget. Why do they suddenly need new equipment? They don't need to develop the engine because it was pre-made for them by another team. The type of game they are making does NOT require a high end machine to run. The engine is not that intensive and the graphics are 2D. I understand the industry and what it takes to develop games like this, and it's clear that you do not understand what is REALLY necessary to develop this game. Up to this point they were doing it as a labor of love and it can be built entirely on simple computers that one could buy at Walmart. Most of the team already had the equipment they needed from developing Fighting is Magic. The only thing I can realistically see the money being spent on is living expenses while they develop the game, artwork, taxes, royalties and advertising.

So essentially virtually NONE of the money is going to ACTUAL costs of development. 

its 82% done and there's 6 days left.  It seems likely to be funded (Hopefully not jinxing it but : P).   Also not surprised about the homestuck one, since its.. Y'know. Homestuck. One of the biggest fandoms on the internet xD   This is something slightly connected to one of the larger fandoms on the internet, but not in the same way >.<

That's not really that great. Most lesser projects have been funded far faster that got much smaller signal boosts.

Radio the Universe was able to quadruple its goal in a matter of days.

Even crappy kickstarters for stuff like Anita Sarkeesian's Tropes Vs. Women in Video games were able to quadruple their goals in a matter of days.

I am someone who does play games and studies the industry every single day. You may want to allow people who actually understand the latest demands of the industry and what is expected of games to take this one if you are not current.

Are you planning to make some columns about your studies in the game industry? Just curious.

Are you planning to make some columns about your studies in the game industry? Just curious.

I have a channel and a website that I regularly update regarding technology and the video game industry.

1. Actually, I find the limited cast of characters to be a much better choice. Think of the Costco model when you shop. In places like Walmart or the traditional supermarket, you have at least twenty options. Sometimes, they can overwhelm the customer so much, they'll walk away empty-handed. Costco's choices are far more limited; more shoppers will quickly buy them knowing they won't have to strain for a while. With TFH, you won't be so overwhelmed with twenty to forty characters. With six characters, the player can quickly decide who to play. Just because it's not the standard doesn't mean they should pander to it.

Heavily disagree with this, variety at buying products at a store is nowhere near the same as choosing characters from a fighting game. With stores you're screwed when you buy a product from an unreliable brand. With a fighting game there is absolutely no consequence other than you sucking with a certain character, and even then you just change until you find a character your good at.

Not to mention, fighting games thrive on variety especially for tournaments, and having such a tiny roster, especially in this day and age, would kill any chance for it to be taken seriously. Street Fighter II, a game made in 1991 with significantly dated hardware, set the standard for fighting games, had a bigger roster than TFH, and is still one of the most popular game in tournaments today

Them's Fightin' Herds has absolutely no excuse

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 2

You're each playing up to stupid conspiracy theories. Even when she was working on FIM, [Faust] liked Fighting Is Magic and wanted it to succeed.

I don't ascribe to conspiracy theories.  This is my individual opinion.

I also wanted Fighting Is Magic to succeed.  Sadly that's no longer an option for MANE6 but, if one takes the time to look, they can find playable demos of what currently exists of the game.  It also has only 6 characters but it's free and MLP-related.  

I've seen several independently made characters patches for the Fighting Is Magic engine.  There are also some competent builds floating around the MUGEN scene if anyone is interested in such things.

I also wanted Fighting Is Magic to succeed.  Sadly that's no longer an option for MANE6 but, if one takes the time to look, they can find playable demos of what currently exists of the game.  It also has only 6 characters but it's free and MLP-related. 

Those playable demos of Fighting is Magic are the only closest things we'll get as the original game.

I would appreciate it if you didn't call people "stupid". It was unprofessional at the very least.

Read the line more carefully:

You're each playing up to stupid conspiracy theories.

I called the conspiracy theories stupid. And it's a conspiracy theory to call Faust's involvement "unprofessional." She and the bulk of the fandom anticipated it; without her involvement, Them's Fightin' Herds would never happen. Her involvement not only saved the project, but also expanded it. It's actually a very bold move to make.

Have you seen the Sonic franchise as of late? It's not a good basis to consider game development uner.

I've followed the Sonic franchise for the past twenty-plus years. The majority of their games are released in two-year intervals, which is very short. Mane6 developed it when it was Fighting Is Magic, and now they're developing it as TFH. Games take a lot of time regardless of the roster's size. If they release a solid game with a balanced roster and few glitches, I don't care about the development length. Give me a solid game over a long time of developing than a game rushed for release any day of the week.

“A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”

—Shigeru Miyamoto

A similar ideal should apply to TFH, even though it had to be changed due to the C&D.

I do not think it's unreasonable to expect at least 10 characters that are developed well and play nicely within a 4 year period. I think many would agree too, considering far more has been done in less time.

You shouldn't have to pad a game with more characters just to pander to the standard. A great fighting game with a very limited cast can stand just as well as a great fighting game with a moderate or very large one.

And yet Walmart gains more sales.

They gain more sales through thousands of more stores and treating their employees like slaves. Costco's model is deeper and far more radical, but works.

and the graphics are 2D.

2D graphics =/= inexpensive. 2D games still cost money, and graphics need just as much importance and care as other aspects of the development process.

The only thing I can realistically see the money being spent on is living expenses while they develop the game, artwork, taxes, royalties and advertising.

I heavily disagree with this. Production and the sale process themselves will cost money. If they have enough to produce it for consoles and choose to have them be sold in disks, you're going to need to ship them.

And computers can be a factor in the cost. God forbid one of them breaks.

Not to mention, fighting games thrive on variety especially for tournaments, and having such a tiny roster, especially in this day and age, would kill any chance for it to be taken seriously.

Why should any game have to rely on a very expansive roster for any reason? Because one of them is that it's the standard that the tournament industry expects? That's the basic definition of pandering: You shouldn't have to appeal to an archaic mentality to hope for success. Don't forget, casuals matter, too, and they always have a chance to factor in a bulk of the sales. You can develop a fantastic, well-developed, tourney-worthy game with a limited cast in the modern times while also be fun and engaging to multiple audiences.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

Don't get me wrong, the fighting engine used in this game and the original Fighting Is Magic is impressive.  I'm amazed at how well MANE6 did with translating the fighting engine for quadrupedal characters.  From what I've seen in the demos Them's Fightin' Herds is just as impressive.  No doubt it'll turn out to be a good game in the end.

But, as an MLP fan, I just can't shake the notion that this game is a knock-off of the original and it saddens me that Fighting Is Magic got the C&D order.  I'd have totally played it if it had ever been completed.

As for Lauren Faust's motivations for assisting with Them's Fightin' Words, I can only speculate.  Maybe she was still butthurt over having to leave MLP or maybe she just wants to create a new world, one where here creative license won't be challenged.  Either way she garners sympathy or disdain depending on where one stands on her gripe with Hasbro. 

Why does it have to be done to spite anyone?  I think if that were the reason she did this, she wouldn't have done as much as she had, especially considering that it's an awful lot of work to put into something just to spite someone.  Also, regardless of any gripes she may or may not have with Hasbro, anyone in the entertainment business knows better than to burn bridges, so in short I just don't think she would dedicate that much time and effort solely into closing the door to a potential future opportunity.

The easier answer (and the easier answer is usually the correct one) is that she offered her help as a kindness so that all the team's hard work wouldn't go to waste, and also took it as an opportunity to help develop it into something amazing.

• Brohoof 1

Why does it have to be done to spite anyone?  I think if that were the reason she did this, she wouldn't have done as much as she had, especially considering that it's an awful lot of work to put into something just to spite someone.  Also, regardless of any gripes she may or may not have with Hasbro, anyone in the entertainment business knows better than to burn bridges, so in short I just don't think she would dedicate that much time and effort solely into closing the door to a potential future opportunity.

The easier answer (and the easier answer is usually the correct one) is that she offered her help as a kindness so that all the team's hard work wouldn't go to waste, and also took it as an opportunity to help develop it into something amazing.

Like I said:

It's just the impression I got from things.  Take it with a grain of salt.

Maybe she was still butthurt over having to leave MLP or maybe she just wants to create a new world, one where here creative license won't be challenged.  Either way she garners sympathy or disdain depending on where one stands on her gripe with Hasbro.

I don't see why it's so hard to accept that BOTH of these factors were part of her motivation.  Wanting to channel her creative energies into a new project while taking a passive-aggressive jab at Hasbro seems not only possible to me, but also natural considering her circumstances.

Edited by J. Brony

While, I happy that Mane6 is able to do their game anyway, I'm extremely sad that it won't be the ponies we know and love, let alone ponies at all.

That said, my interest is terribly low compared from how it was upon FiM being announced, but I will still play it when it launches. I like me some fighters and I know it will at least sate that desire since FiM still does every now and then.

I think that Faust was interested in their project when it was Fighting is Magic and didn't want to see their potential wasted due to the C&D.

I don't see why making new OC's for an little developer would make Hasbro upset.

Why should any game have to rely on a very expansive roster for any reason? Because one of them is that it's the standard that the tournament industry expects? That's the basic definition of pandering: You shouldn't have to appeal to an archaic mentality to hope for success. Don't forget, casuals matter, too, and they always have a chance to factor in a bulk of the sales. You can develop a fantastic, well-developed, tourney-worthy game with a limited cast in the modern times while also be fun and engaging to multiple audiences.

Because that's one of the fighting game genre's biggest appeals, a decent roster in both size and diversity. It encourages replayability, and builds more interest when people have a fair amount of options to choose from. Also funny how you mention casuals, if you really think that casuals would be fine with such a tiny roster think again, and to assume they won't care is ridiculous. Want to know another fighting game that has a lot of casual appeal? 

Super Smash Bros. A game with simple yet deep controls, as well as both a massive and diverse roster

A good roster really matters in a fighting game. And just because casuals may be interested, or that they're a small development team, doesn't mean they should shoot for a ridiculously low number, or else your game is not gonna go anywhere. It's not pandering, it's common sense

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

I think that Faust was interested in their project when it was Fighting is Magic and didn't want to see their potential wasted due to the C&D.

I don't see why making new OC's for an little developer would make Hasbro upset.

Yeah, I think that's kind of the crux of it.  Nothing about Lauren's actions does anything to hurt Hasbro, so why would they take it as either an aggressive action or an insult?  The answer is, they shouldn't, and so there's no reason to assume that Lauren intended it as such.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I think that's kind of the crux of it.  Nothing about Lauren's actions does anything to hurt Hasbro, so why would they take it as either an aggressive action or an insult?  The answer is, they shouldn't, and so there's no reason to assume that Lauren intended it as such.

I completely agree with you. And by the way, Faust has no permanent contract with Hasbro and she's free to work or support any project she want.

Edited by Limeblossom
  • Brohoof 1

@, You got me with Super Smash Bros., and I was wrong to assume that casuals won't be entirely interested in a large roster.

Because that's one of the fighting game genre's biggest appeals, a decent roster in both size and diversity. It encourages replayability, and builds more interest when people have a fair amount of options to choose from.

It's not pandering, it's common sense

But that's pandering, plain and simple. Fighting games shouldn't must rely on an expansive roster in the name for variety or replayability. Great fighting games don't need to rely on a large roster to assume people will buy their game and keep playing it. A good, replayable fighting game will stand out, be good, and be continually fun regardless of roster size. If one of the reasons to increase replay value is to bloat your roster, then the mentality in the fighting game industry should reconsider other methods to create high replay value.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

I completely agree with you. And by the way, Faust has no permanent contract with Hasbro and she's free to work or support any project she want.

Nobody is suggesting that Hasbro thinks this way.  I'm merely speaking on behalf of a portion of the fanbase who believe that Lauren Faust's involvement with MANE6 may be due in part to spite.

Edited by J. Brony

But that's pandering, plain and simple. 

I still don't get how aiming for industry standards is pandering, and the fact that they're so low is outright suicidal.

If one of the reasons to increase replay value is to bloat your roster then the mentality in the fighting game industry should reconsider other methods to create high replay value.

Then you really don't understand the genre at all. 

People love fighting games with a sizable and diverse roster, they work with in conjunction with the fighting game's fight-style. You can have a good fighting system, but it's not gonna matter if the game is lacking in a sizable and diverse roster. 

There's absolutely no consequence for adding fighters unless you take the lazy way out and make characters with copied movesets(i.e Sub-Zeroes/shotos). With having only 6 characters, it's not only going to suffer from lack of variety, people are gonna get bored of playing the same 6 characters over and over. People are gonna flock over to other fighters games that offer a ton more than what TFH is offering. 

If you seriously think that it's ok for the devs to shoot ridiculously low and not aim for the industry standards, then I'm really glad you don't work in the game industry

• Brohoof 1

Hope it succeeds. I might check it out if it's cheap. S'cool that the team decided to keep going after such a major setback, and that Faust was able to help em' out like that. I really like the new character designs :o

I don't see why it's so hard to accept that BOTH of these factors were part of her motivation. Wanting to channel her creative energies into a new project while taking a passive-aggressive jab at Hasbro seems not only possible to me, but also natural considering her circumstances.

I don't need to accept both because to assume a reason for her involvement is to stick it to Hasbro is ridiculous. Consider the fact that Faust values the ability to inspire others; to act out of spite is out of character of her.

Nobody is suggesting that Hasbro thinks this way.  I'm merely speaking on behalf of a portion of the fanbase who believe that Lauren Faust's involvement with MANE6 may be due in part to spite.

That's why I said you played up to a conspiracy theory. Far too many bronies suck up to the mirage that Faust is doing stuff like helping Mane6 or responding to a girl whose handwritten letter was destroyed by a Hasbro office to spit into Hasbro and Friendship Is Magic. Conspiracy theories altogether are inherently dumb, and the ones in this fandom are no exception. I only began seeing it for about a month, and it easily competes with the bronies who like Equestria Girls being responsible for an eventual demise of FIM as one of the dumbest in this fandom. There's no factually good reason for anyone to believe it. The quicker the conspiracy theory dies, the better.

I still don't get how aiming for industry standards is pandering, and the fact that they're so low is outright suicidal.

Re-read what I wrote to you last time. A fighting game shouldn't have to rely on such a large roster to make it good. Just because one with a gigantic cast has a better chance at achieving a profit doesn't mean that's the only or best solution. To believe it's a must is pandering to the status quo.

To go back to that aspect of the Costco model again, you have many games with such a large roster. Sometimes this roster can be so big, it'll be hard to choose. (Of course, if you decided to play a character already, that won't matter, but to others who don't care, it can be more difficult to choose than you think.) In a fighting game with a more limited roster (if it reaches the $546,000 goal, a new character will be added; not much, but games cost money), you can choose much more quickly and start playing it. Is it counteractive? Yes. But the gaming industry is so crowded, you need to do something to be the black spot in the sea of white. When others zig, you zag. A great fighting game with a limited roster is very radical, but if done right, it can be just as equally great as a fighting game with a large one.

Think about the process of painting with a very limited palette. A very wide palette lets you choose a lot of colors to lay on the canvas, but sometimes it can take at least thirty seconds to even begin applying your first color. When you have only a few colors, like four, you already know what you're going to use, and it becomes an exercise in values. A fighting game with a limited roster, like six or eight, is a gigantic challenge, but if it's really great, there's a chance to jolt this archaic status quo in the fighter game industry.

I might check it out if it's cheap.

According to the Indiegogo account, a $15 donation is the minimum for a digital copy. There's consideration for a physical copy down the road, which will definitely cost more.

• Brohoof 1

Huh, this debate is quite a hot one, though I do think that one should consider the gravity of this game’s situation before going fingers blazing into the fray.

You see, this game is not an AAA title of a large corporation like Activision or Nintendo; it’s a small indie project without the required capacity or support to make a fighting game that could compete with established franchises made by said large corporations.

Also, those of you who follow TotalBiscuit have probably read articles Good isn't good enough - releasing an indie game in 2015 on Gamasutra, and Your target audience doesn't exist on Steam Spy. They paint a nasty situation in which games like Them's Fightin' Herds are doomed to failure for being good but not good enough to catch the eye of your average gamer that has become inundated in exorbitant ammounts of titles.

The way I see it, Mane 6 (and by that I mean Lauren Faust) should focus on fleshing out the IP and later use it as foundation for new, innovative games that could penetrate through the gloomy labyrinth that is Steam and catch our attention. However, to make such games, one needs experience, good instinct, and empathy towards your future players, all qualities that can hardly be gained through game development alone.

P.S: Even if Lauren Faust does cultivate negative emotions towards H-Bro, I'd still rather have her vengeful ass on my team than all of the Blizzard's writers. She delivers, they do not. Besides, if applied correctly, such moderate vengeance can accomplish great things.

Fuckonami, and may GabeN bless you all.

• Brohoof 1

I called the conspiracy theories stupid. And it's a conspiracy theory to call Faust's involvement "unprofessional."

Actually no it's not. As we have all the facts. Faust joined the development team after Hasbro cease an desisted Fighting is Magic. It's rather unprofessional to join someone who just got cease and desisted by your former employers. Not sure how many jobs you've held, but I know I couldn't put someone on my resume if I helped someone they went against.

Not to mention it's unprofessional to get involved with fan works in general, thus why Hasbro does not allow their employees to read fanfictions, etc.

She and the bulk of the fandom anticipated it; without her involvement, Them's Fightin' Herds would never happen. Her involvement not only saved the project, but also expanded it. It's actually a very bold move to make.

An entire project being reliant on her is not exactly the smartest of moves.

I've followed the Sonic franchise for the past twenty-plus years. The majority of their games are released in two-year intervals, which is very short. Mane6 developed it when it was Fighting Is Magic, and now they're developing it as TFH. Games take a lot of time regardless of the roster's size. If they release a solid game with a balanced roster and few glitches, I don't care about the development length. Give me a solid game over a long time of developing than a game rushed for release any day of the week.

The issue here is that there is an inherent difference between Sonic and TFH. That difference is funding. Sonic is funded by investors, people who put the pressure on Sega and Sonic Team to get games finished in a relatively reasonable time frame. People who can swing a hammer if the games don't sell well because they need their money back. TFH has no such people. Legally speaking backers have ABSOLUTELY NO LEGAL PULL to force TFH to get their asses in gear to develop the game faster, or to a certain quality. TFH will be out nothing out of pocket and has a no strings attached funding. AKA they can pump out a buggy unfinished mess and there is absolutely nothing that the backers can do about it. Hell they don't even have to finish the game at all, part of the terms of service on Indiegogo is that a game can fail to come into existence. You're paying for the possibility, not the certainty. Many projects on Kickstarter were hugely funded and went dark for years at a time and even just died off completely.

Development length matters. You can delay a game later to finish it, but 2 years on top of the 2 they've already had? That's a bit excessive.

You shouldn't have to pad a game with more characters just to pander to the standard. A great fighting game with a very limited cast can stand just as well as a great fighting game with a moderate or very large one.

Good luck convincing tournament scenes (which is where fighting games make the most money) that.

2D graphics =/= inexpensive. 2D games still cost money, and graphics need just as much importance and care as other aspects of the development process.

My point is that 2D is far cheaper than 3D, and the engine is already made for them.

heavily disagree with this. Production and the sale process themselves will cost money. If they have enough to produce it for consoles and choose to have them be sold in disks, you're going to need to ship them.

They won't. A game like this can be sold digitally. They would not be shipping it on consoles with disks because that would cost a crap ton to get it into stores like GameStop, etc. Most indie games do not even attempt physical copies. Also at this rate they have 5 days to fund the game and they are short about 13% of their goal, they will be lucky if they get a Linux/Mac port let alone console. They are going up about 3-4% a day, so they will be lucky if they get JUST enough funding to get the game made.

Why should any game have to rely on a very expansive roster for any reason?

I can answer that!

Fighting games are little in terms of variety as it stands. I mean think about it: the backgrounds almost never affect the fights, there is little else to do besides 1 guy beating up another guy. The entirety of the game is reliant on the fighting aspect. Sure a story mode exists in many, but at the end of the day, story modes are widely unpopular in fighting games compared to the multiplayer. The ENTIRETY of the games variety is going to rely on the amount of fighters to choose from. 6 fighters not only limits your selection, but it limits the STRATEGY. When you only have 6 fighters, you only have 6 fighters have have to learn to counter as well.

Because one of them is that it's the standard that the tournament industry expects?

Fighting games are a VERY competitive based genre. If you can't get a competitive scene for your game, it does not do well. So going against tournament standards is basically shooting yourself in the foot. I've been in talks with a fighting game professional for years now and his wisdom has rubbed off on me. A game that fails to develop a tournament scene is a game that has a significantly smaller chance of survival.

That's the basic definition of pandering: You shouldn't have to appeal to an archaic mentality to hope for success.

No, it's called meeting a standard.

Don't forget, casuals matter, too, and they always have a chance to factor in a bulk of the sales.

For fighting games it's been found that is rarely true. Casuals will usually buy the game, play it for a little while, and shelf it after less than 8 hours. This is not ideal, as fighting games make most of their money from the tournament scene. That's where most of their advertising comes from, and sponsorships. Sorry Dark Qivuit, but I think you are not informed enough about the industry to make the call here. You're speaking in a lot of "ifs" and "maybes" when that's not how business works. Business does not rely on "ifs" and "maybes".

You can develop a fantastic, well-developed, tourney-worthy game with a limited cast in the modern times while also be fun and engaging to multiple audiences.

Sure, but it's less likely. Considering these days fighting game casts are getting BIGGER than they were back in the day.

While, I happy that Mane6 is able to do their game anyway, I'm extremely sad that it won't be the ponies we know and love, let alone ponies at all. That said, my interest is terribly low compared from how it was upon FiM being announced, but I will still play it when it launches. I like me some fighters and I know it will at least sate that desire since FiM still does every now and then.

See, Miss H here has explained exactly part of the problem. A lot of their fans are only supporting this because it's the closest they will get to another FiM.

Because it's basically helping people get around a cease and desist. 

don't need to accept both because to assume a reason for her involvement is to stick it to Hasbro is ridiculous. Consider the fact that Faust values the ability to inspire others; to act out of spite is out of character of her.

Despite the fact that there is a lot of to suggest her relationship leaving Hasbro was not a positive one?

Honestly at the end of the day, I hope this indiegogo fails so they are forced to fund the game out of pocket. As mean as that sounds, they will be more likely to try and make the game a bigger scale and more interesting if it's their own money they are risking.

I don't see it that way. Hasbro has nothing to do with a fighting game with OC's.

I mean that Hasbro put a stop to Mane6, and Faust helped them get around that by changing it to OCs. Let's be honest, they are HEAVILY marketing the game based upon the fact that they are the people behind Fighting is Magic and that Faust is helping them. They are more or less using MLP to get sales.