Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Map of Equestria expanded to include more areas

Princess Book Horse

As many of you who already own the "Art of Equestria" book already know. The official map of Equestria has been updated to include areas such as Griffonstone, Our Town and even the rock farm. It also has areas we've never seen before, like "Luna bay" and "Bug Bear Territory." Do you think we'll see all of these in Season 6 and beyond? I still want to see Fillydelphia and Hollow Shades.

post-35434-0-98666200-1444951186_thumb.jpg

Edited by Princess Book Horse
  • Brohoof 14

This is really interesting, I like how there's areas we've never seen like the Smokey Mountains. I also hope they sometime show the undiscovered territory sometime, because that is really interesting to me.

• Brohoof 1

I hope we get to see some of these places in season 6 and or the movie.

Because some of these places look quite interesting.

"Into the unknown" is probably the most interesting thing on map. Maybe they'll go there in the movie. Either that, the "Undiscovered west," or the "Mysterious South."
  • Brohoof 1

INTO THE UNKNOWN WE SHALL GO!!!!!!

So now we have proof there are other continents in Equestria, hmmm... So then are there creatures still unknown to us. Oh, let's hope our ponies stay safe!

• Brohoof 1

So many places not yet explored! I want to get Chrysalis area next. :P

Luna Bay and Celestial Sea. Nice touches. I hope the map keeps getting more and more shown until we have the whole world.

• Brohoof 1

Let's hope so, world building is one of the things I find very interesting in a series of anykind, Ex: Elder Scrolls, D&D (My Own of Course), and MLP.

I love world building too! I almost exploded with excitement when watching the S5 premiere and "The Lost Treasure of Giffonstone," just because of the amount of world building and lore in those episodes.

Lore is a big part of a world, the ideas and stories passed down from generation to generation.

Well, let's hope these ponies can survive this brave new world, and all the bronies watching.

• Brohoof 1

I wonder if the episode The Hoofields and the McColts will take place in one of these new areas.

Anywise the expanded map is a great addition as I am always for world expanding and lore building, and hopefully Season 6 will explore more of these areas as well.

• Brohoof 1

The land surely has a different shape than previous version; the old one looked like America, this one's like... Whatever it is.

Don't know why, but I feel this map becoming darker (as in, mysterious) than before. Many potential adventure episodes!

PS: That teeny-tiny Trottingham Isles. Small as the UK!

• Brohoof 1

I would totally love to see more about Saddle Arabia.

Then again, I got this fear if not properly or safely explored into the subject it could lead to controversy.

I totally love this expanded map :D

• Brohoof 1

Oh I think we will get to see those areas! They have an "exploring equestria" line of toys, and the Map is basically just a deus ex machina plot coupon to tell them to go places they'd have NO earthly reason to ever go to.
So yeah, S6 I can see them traveling all over equestria! (Sadly, I think the dragon area is only going to be explored in that picture book :(

• Brohoof 1

I Love the new map it gives me hope that some of the naysayers that think MLP FIM is coming to a close, may be wrong. Although some of them make good points.

But with this new map why do it if MLP has only a season or two left I hope this is a answer to the question of how long MLP got left and that it has a way to go hopefully  :P

Edited by EmeraldBolt/Sapphire
  • Brohoof 1

I wonder if the episode The Hoofields and the McColts will take place in one of these new areas.

Anywise the expanded map is a great addition as I am always for world expanding and lore building, and hopefully Season 6 will explore more of these areas as well.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think they actually said where Twilight and Fluttershy are getting called to and that episode seems like the last opportunity in Season 5 for them to explore a new area.

Oh I think we will get to see those areas! They have an "exploring equestria" line of toys, and the Map is basically just a deus ex machina plot coupon to tell them to go places they'd have NO earthly reason to ever go to.

So yeah, S6 I can see them traveling all over equestria! (Sadly, I think the dragon area is only going to be explored in that picture book :(

I hope they use the map more than 4 times in Season 6, even if it's only 5-6 times. Also, didn't we already see the Dragon area in Season 2 with Dragon Quest?

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think they actually said where Twilight and Fluttershy are getting called to and that episode seems like the last opportunity in Season 5 for them to explore a new area.

I hope they use the map more than 4 times in Season 6, even if it's only 5-6 times. Also, didn't we already see the Dragon area in Season 2 with Dragon Quest?

We saw the dragons in S2, but that was a MIGRATION. which means there are multiple places that dragons can live at, and its possible the area the dragons were all at was merely a breeding grounds that's only used very sparingly, possibly only once in years and years.

As for the map's numbers of uses, yeah, it is kind of strange isn't it? Season 4 used the key episode thing 8 times (The second episode of Princess twilight sparkle introduced the box, there were 5 mane six solo episodes leading up to the two part finale for twilight's key episode), while there's been less use of the map or a meta-plot this season. And the map seems highly unrelated to the finale's upcoming plot for how they'll solve things too.

• Brohoof 1

We saw the dragons in S2, but that was a MIGRATION. which means there are multiple places that dragons can live at, and its possible the area the dragons were all at was merely a breeding grounds that's only used very sparingly, possibly only once in years and years.

As for the map's numbers of uses, yeah, it is kind of strange isn't it? Season 4 used the key episode thing 8 times (The second episode of Princess twilight sparkle introduced the box, there were 5 mane six solo episodes leading up to the two part finale for twilight's key episode), while there's been less use of the map or a meta-plot this season. And the map seems highly unrelated to the finale's upcoming plot for how they'll solve things too.

Now that you mention it, it does make sense that there would be multiple dragon places.

I honestly thought they would use the map 6-8 times in Season 5. There was even a trailer where Brian Lenard said something along the lines of "Places that you may have heard ponies reference in previous episodes, that you've always wondered what it's like, were going there,this season." Ah well, I'm not that upset over it. Like I said, maybe they'll use it more in S6.

I know that the "Dragons Lair" has probably been discovered already because of that one Spike episode. But I hope that the Mane 6 would eventually go "Into the Unknown" at one point.

• Brohoof 1