1. 1. Was it the best thing EVER?!

• Hated it!
    • Ehnope.
    • Meh.
    • It was enjoyable!
    • OMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSH!

I still enjoy her personality though

Who wouldn't, she's maud!

Also, I can be a lot like that sometimes. Monotone. Emotionless.

Can anyone confirm or deny this:

In the scene where Pinkie Pie is sneaking through town wearing the mustache/glasses/clown nose, I SWEAR I saw a familiar lavendar unicorn horn framed by purple hair with blue streaks partially hidden by a bush in the background. Another Starlight Glimmer sighting? I don't have the episode, so I can't rewind to confirm. :o

Can anyone confirm or deny this:

In the scene where Pinkie Pie is sneaking through town wearing the mustache/glasses/clown nose, I SWEAR I saw a familiar lavendar unicorn horn framed by purple hair with blue streaks partially hidden by a bush in the background. Another Starlight Glimmer sighting? I don't have the episode, so I can't rewind to confirm. :o

I can't find it anywhere in the episode ;-;

Though I could have missed her.

Edited by Vinyl Shimmer DJ

I found the episode and rewatched it. I think I may be mistaken, it looks like what I saw was the tail of an unnamed background pony in the previous frame. Still, now that we know that Starlight has been popping up throughout the season, it's kinda like Where's Waldo?... but WAAYYY more intense.

• Brohoof 1

I found the episode and rewatched it. I think I may be mistaken, it looks like what I saw was the tail of an unnamed background pony in the previous frame. Still, now that we know that Starlight has been popping up throughout the season, it's kinda like Where's Waldo?... but WAAYYY more intense.

Maud class WAAAYYY more intense or actual WAAAYYY more intense?

• Brohoof 1

Starlight's been showing up in backgrounds after that one bit in that restaurant? Wow! Has someone compiled a list of these?

Oh, about that (looked it up)....

So far, about two (Look at the red arrows I've added)....

FIRST ONE....

2a600mr.jpg

SECOND ONE....

ejiqmq.jpg

Starlight's sneaky! :umad:

We need to add more face icons. There needs to be Starlight Glimmer. Also, some more villains.

Edited by Pinkiesister75
  • Brohoof 2

Starlight's been showing up in backgrounds after that one bit in that restaurant? Wow! Has someone compiled a list of these?

I haven't found one yet, but I hope so!

Pinkie Pie: Cadence and Shining Armor are having a baby!?

Me: SWEET CELESTIA! SHINING ARMOR WHAT THE HECK DID YOU DO TO HER!?!  :eww:

ok, I didn't rlly say that... but let's be honest, we were all think'n it...

Your princess of slumber,

Princess Nidra

OH MY GOSH, DERPY WAS STANDING WITH DINKY!!!  MOTHER-DAUGHTER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :muffins:  :D  :kindness:

Nope, Dinky is basically confirmed to be Amethyst Star's sister, not Derpy's daughter. They've had picnics together (albeit under a different color scheme in Mysterious Mare Do Well) and were even a team in both Sisterhooves Social and Brotherhooves Social.

Edited by Dolphanatic

Nope, Dinky is basically confirmed to be Amethyst Star's sister, not Derpy's. They've had picnics together and were even a team in the latest Sisterhooves Social two episodes earlier.

I know she's Amethyst's canon sister, but I said mother-daughter.  Granted it's not for sure canon, but the fandom has taken to popularly depicting both Amethyst and Dinky as both of Derpy's daughters (though oftentimes Amethyst is depicted as being adopted whereas Dinky is not.  I'm not sure why, though it might have to do with Derpy's age).  Anyways, that brief bit with Derpy and Dinky was the closest the show has come yet to confirming that Dinky is Derpy's daughter in any fashion whatsoever.

I know she's Amethyst's canon sister, but I said mother-daughter.  Granted it's not for sure canon, but the fandom has taken to popularly depicting both Amethyst and Dinky as both of Derpy's daughters (though oftentimes Amethyst is depicted as being adopted whereas Dinky is not.  I'm not sure why, though it might have to do with Derpy's age).  Anyways, that brief bit with Derpy and Dinky was the closest the show has come yet to confirming that Dinky is Derpy's daughter in any fashion whatsoever.

But that headcanon would Make Derpy Amethyst's mother, despite them both looingk about the same age! How would that even work?!

People just need to accept the fact that not every fan theory can always be true. They're just theories until they're shown to be either true or false, yet for some reason, people just won't let go of this faulty headcanon, even with all the contradicting evidence we've seen.

Edited by Dolphanatic

But that headcanon would Make Derpy Amethyst's mother, despite them both looingk about the same age! How would that even work?!

People just need to accept the fact that not every fan theory can always be true. They're just theories until they're shown to be either true or false, yet for some reason, people just won't let go of this faulty headcanon, even with all the contradicting evidence we've seen.

Oh I've seen it work in a number of fan works.  In the Winningverse, she's depicted as being about to enter college, which I find believable enough; I mean, we don't know how different college-age ponies are in appearance from even middle aged ones.  Again, I'm not saying that's canon, I'm just saying there's ways to make head fanon acceptable within the canon we've seen.  And I'm not obsessed with making every fan theory work, that's just one that I particularly like is all.  Whether it's actual canon or not doesn't really matter to me, but as long as it's at the very least possible, I'm just fine with that.

• 4 weeks later...

Pinkie Pie: Cadence and Shining Armor are having a baby!?

Me: SWEET CELESTIA! SHINING ARMOR WHAT THE HECK DID YOU DO TO HER!?!  :eww:

ok, I didn't rlly say that... but let's be honest, we were all think'n it...

Your princess of slumber,

Princess Nidra

What all husbands do to their wives. :)

Also, anyone know what kind of accent this pony had?

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/6/67/Furniture_Salespony_ID_S5E19.png/revision/latest?cb=20151017210054

(Have to post a link 'cause it's giving me an error "You may not use that image extension")

He seemed to say "word" in "spread the word about..." as "wuhd", if that gives any hints.

I kinda like him, he looks a lot like Crafty Crate.

Edited by PGNatsu

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Now that Season 6 is underway with the introduction of Cadance and Shining Armor's new daughter, Flurry Heart, I'm glad to see that after three seasons since they tied the knot in A Canterlot Wedding, the Royal Couple is now becoming a family with the addition of a new Alicorn Princess to join Celestia, Luna, Cadance, and Twilight.

I wish Cadance and Shining Armor good luck with their daughter, and hope that whatever comes their way in the future, they are able to handle it together, especially if that includes a revenge-seeking Queen Chrysalis and her Changelings when they learn of Flurry Heart's existence.

Love and friendship will always prevail!

As for this episode, I think this is laser-guided karma for Pinkie from back in Green Isn't Your Color when she kept dogging Twilight with maintaining her Pinkie Promises since now she had to keep the secret about Cadance being pregnant a secret from Twilight for so long.

Despite that, I give the episode a 9/10, and can't wait to see what Season 6 brings with Flurry Heart!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This is on tv tropes heartwarming page and i don't think it needs to be:The CMC weave in and out of the story twice, all cutie-marked up, and it passes without comment, showing that this was a much easier and more natural change in the status quo for everypony to adjust to (both in universe and out) than Twilight's ascension was. To which i say......well duh! Ponies getting their cutie marks probably happens literally every damn day. Ponies suddenly growing freaking WINGS and being coronated as Equestria's newest princess does not.

• 1 month later...

Can't believe I didn't comment on this a year ago, but....
 post-15772-0-54566100-1477514117.png
"You'll feel so much better once you get it off your chest."

Dang. If Spike ever says those words with that face to me, I'd confess my own secret, too. Slightly adult secret....

I admire you a lot, Spike. Let's talk more often once you're more mature.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
(edited)

I really like this episode. The story is barebones and there's really just one joke being stretched through the entire episode, but it is a really funny joke. I love how there's so much tension, just waiting for Pinkie to finally be able to spill the beans. It helps to keep the one joke from becoming stale despite a few scenes where is does become a bit stale, though there are other jokes here too.

Also, this is the best slapstick the show has had since season 3.

Score: -9/10

Edited by bigbertha