Troblems

228 users have voted

1. 1. Was it the best thing EVER?!

• Hated it!
    • Ehnope.
    • Meh.
    • It was enjoyable!
    • OMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSH!

It's official, this really is the season where the writers go down the fan wish list and check off everything they can, not to mention G.M. Berrow wrote this one. Fans have been talking about Cadance and Shining Armor potentially having a colt or filly since the season 2 finale. This episode isn't quite as shocking as the last one, but how does one follow up an episode where the CMCs get their cutie marks? At least this episode is full of trademark Pinkie humour. I actually just finished reading Pinkie Pie and the Rockin' Ponypalooza Party so I know G.M. Berrow has a good grasp of her character. What's left on the fan wish list? Probably more newer entries than older ones at this point.:)

I pretty much enjoyed that episode!

I liked a lot of the things in it from the humour to some of the writing tactics

Talking about the humour, it was funny, during a lot of the gags I had a grin on my face.

And when Pinkie tried to hide that secret... What a fun to watch, never got my face away from a little grin.

And the way they presented their secret at the rest of the mane 6 was adorable with that scavenger hunt.

Sure the plot could have gotten old there, but the humour made it for it, to renew it (sort of).

I did not liked it as much as the last one, due to the feels factor (gotta know that feel factor man :blush: )

but it was great nonetheless

TL;DR enjoyable episode with funny pinkie humour and some nice little writing at parts.

Rating: 9/10

This was a pretty good epiosde, in my opinion. It had a lot of good comedy moments, and we finally find out that Cadence and Shining Armor are having a baby. Also, this season has had amazing facial animation, and this one didn't dissappoint in that department. Seriously, some of the expressions Pinkie was making were priceless! Overall, I'd probably give it a 9/10.

Edited by NeonCobalt

This felt like a Season 2 episode. Nice, laidback, funny, and just overall shenanigans without a hidden deeper meaning. I mean, the adventurous, life-changing episodes we've been getting have been awesome, but I definitely welcome this break.

Does anybody else feel similarly?

• Brohoof 4

Poor pinkie just can't win.

Try to keep a secret from her and...

post-24370-0-73414900-1445106110.jpg

Try to have her keep a secret and...

post-24370-0-21381700-1445106174_thumb.png

Not a exactly an episode that will keep you on the edge of your seat, but I thought it was pretty good. Both Pinkie and the animators seemed to have eaten a little too much sugar in this one though.

All I'm going to say is that I hope the writers make the foal an earth pony!! :lol:

...Or they could go a darker route. The nurse could accidently bring the wrong basket (in the hospital nursery) and it's a changing foal. :umad: That would not only reference the S2 Finale, but be a nod to changeling mythology/folklore. :sneer:

What? Too dark?

post-24370-0-81168800-1423977754.jpg
Edited by Cirrus.

Poor Pinkie

What a great episode, of course the secret was nothing to surprising as we all knew a Shining and Cadance were going to have a baby sometime but os nice to know its now a thing and a future thing to look towards to episode wise.
  Great to see an episode with the whole mane six assembled in Ponyville, something we have not for a few episodes and nice to see the CMC's and their cutie marks again.
  Pinkie Pie was very funny and I think we can all empathise with her, keeping that secret we want to tell everyone is not much fun lol.

As i'v seen in the comments here. Anyone  able to tell what this changeling teory is?

I haven't seen/heard a lot about the story behind actual ones on the show.

In folklore/mythology/religious folklore, some creature (be it a demon, troll, fairy, etc) steals a human infant and puts one of it's own kind in place of said infant. It looks human though.

This really happens in nature in regards to the cuckoo bird. It looks for another bird's active nest and lays an egg in it. The "imposter" cuckoo egg hatches first. The bird who made the nest doesn't realize this and raises this bird as its own. However, the cuckoo chick will usually push the real eggs and/or hatch-lings out of the nest and they fall to their death. (Fluttershy would NOT approve) :(

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

It was a really enjoyable episode with a lot of good humor. It reminded me a lot of the old episodes back in S1, and Pinkie's antics were fluid; it all brought the best out of her. One gripe would be more Cadance and Shining Armor, but the output was nice and seeing Shining have his little raving was adorable. Great episode overall!

This episode was pretty funny. I was surprised Pinkie had to keep a very big secret from her Twilight and everypony else throughout the episode. Pinkie and her moments of trying to keep the secret to herself were absolutely hilarious. Pinkie bouncing like a pinball, Pinkie literally falling apart, and the moment at the end of the episode were my favorite Pinkie moments. It was pretty cool to see an old male pony that had the same color scheme as Fluttershy. The question though is were the related, or was it just a pony that had her color scheme as an opposite gender, or something like that. It was also great to see Cadence and Shining Armor and I loved the part where Shining Armor was freaking out when he saw the room. All in all I found this episode to be very humorous and very enjoyable and I can't wait for what's to come in the rest of this season.  :)

Edited by Kyubiki Tenchu

Gotta say, this episode was crap. 

It's not exactly surprising when a new writer fails to impress, (which sadly happens more often than not. I really miss Ed Valentine...), but given that Berrow has had plenty of experience writing MLP content, I honestly would have expected that her first episode would have turned out a lot better. 

This episode was simply one-note and ultimately boring. Pinkie's efforts to keep her mouth shut really got old, fast. And it was just plain aggravating that the episode insisted on drawing it out to the very end, long after it stopped being funny or even mildly amusing.  :okiedokielokie:

And honestly, I get that this is big news, but come on. In addition to her being adamant about secret-keeping in Green Isn't Your Color, isn't keeping secrets actually part of her job when it comes to surprise parties? All in all, this just doesn't seem like something Pinkie really should have struggled with. I mean, it's not like she had to keep it secret for a long period of time.

Also, was that scene where Shining Armor acted like a kid over his room supposed to be funny? It wasn't. And given that we know that this guy is going to be a father soon, it just came off as cringeworthy.  

Yeah, overall, I just did not like this one.  >_>

Edited by Cleverclover
  • Brohoof 2

Ikr. They said they were gonna help everypony else get their cutie marks and here they are being bored.

Oh no! They've caught... *dramatic music*... The Twilight!

• Brohoof 2

What to expect when expecting ? Apparently this episode.

The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows

Plot and Characterization

"Pinkie Pie struggles to keep a secret that involves Princess Cadance and Shining Armor.”

Simple but amusing and hilarious plot that had Pinkie Pie struggling to keep such top secret information privy , and it went as well as expected especially if the news is that exciting. The writing was pretty sharp and the pacing is some of the best I have seen before the start of the second half of Season 5. This episode had a nice balance of touching moments with humor so it did not come across off as excessively saccharine. 

Pinkie Pie was handled well for the most part as her screwball antics did not detract from the narrative.

Got to see some further backstory on Twilight’s and Shining Armor’s relationship, and it was refreshing to see Cadence take a backseat while focusing more on Shining Armor for a change instead.

Twilight was left out in the dark, but she was busy with her own preparations, and her reaction to the whole scavenger hunt was handled well. Most of the other Mane 6 were kind of just there but their presence further added the pressure on Pinkie Pie.

Also got to see a little more of the background ponies interacting in this episode as well too.

10/10

Animation and Music

The background music was solid even if nothing really stood out. No complaints here.

Animation wise there was a lot in going on in this episode, but I enjoyed the balloon gag encouraging Pinkie Pie to speak, Pinkie Pie pinball, Shining Armor’s to Twilight’s surprise, and also Twilight’s reaction to news as wells as Applejack’s birth certificates. What treat of delightful visual gags.

10/10

Voice Acting and Dialogue

This episode was scattered with catchy lines and the voice acting was on point per usual.

10/10

Overall this episode scores a 30/30 or 10/10 with an excellent blend of touching moments and humor while finally delivering a big piece of news that has long been speculated. Excellent all the way through and a pretty good outing for GM Berrow as well. Well done, and the second half of Season 5 may be starting to gain some momentum at long last.

• Brohoof 1

One line in the episode did catch me into thoughts though.

"They won't visit until saturday!"

Back in 2012 everyone celebrated Pinkie's birthday because in "A Friend in Deed" Pinkie said "My birthday ins't in another 75 days" so 75 days after the original airing, people celebrated Pinkie's birthday on May 3rd, 2012.

However, now it's still completely unknown what Pinkie's birthday is because of the fact that Shining & Cadence wouldn't be arriving until Saturday, but for us, today is Saturday.

Also, I really like this episode because we need MOAR BABIEZ!!!!!!!!! <3

Edited by FlootahBaby

++ Holy crap Shining is adorable! Best gag!
+ Pinkie humor. Always works for me~
+ "Man, I've been getting liberal with these promises!" Heh, I lol'd
+ Forever! I love me some callbacks! Now I'm expecting fanart of both of'em saying it.
+/-Right off the friggin bat?! Ehh, guess it was needed for the jokes.

Well, that was a solid. I'll give it a HOLYSHITPLEASEBESKYLA / 10

• Brohoof 1

OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH, what a beautiful foal they're going to have!!!!!!

Oh and also I loved Shining Armor's reactions to his room, they were priceless.

Pinkie, however, disappointed me in this episode. Sure, it was great news but it's still something I'm sure she would be able to keep without a problem... At least if you look back to previous episodes about Pinkie Promising.

Edited by darkwingmare

I just made an account for only one question:

that scene with the mayor. am I the only one who got the thought that the mayor might be in love with pinkie pie???? (sorry for the bad spelling, foreign)