• Ehnope.
    • Meh.
    • It was enjoyable!
    • OMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSH!

They had better make the foal a pegacorn. That's all I'm saying

Earth pony would be out of left field

Unicorn (form Shining's side of the family) would be predictable

Pegasus (from Cadance's side) would be predictable

Alicorn would be completely unnecessary and illogical, given what we know of alicorns

So them taking the pegacorn route would be a nice twist

Could go somethinb like this:

(Baby is born)

Doctor: it's a girl!

Shining Armor: It's an...

(Scene skip to after SA breaks the news to auntie Twi)

Twi: ALICORN?! my niece is an ALICORN?! How is that possible?! -looks at baby- YOU are not scientifically possible!

Cadance- actually, she's a pegacorn. Unicorn genes come from your side of the family, and Pegasus genes in mine. Like you, I wasn't born an alicorn but became one. This little one doesn't carry the earth pony genes of an alicorn. She just looks like one.

Shining: it's rare, but the doctors say she's actually a Pegacorn

Pinkie: awww, lookit her widdle horn and wings! SHE'S SO CUTE!!!

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 1

My brony community from around the world lend me your ears and accusations what Twilight's new sibling going to look like send to me right here right now

She's gonna take after her mother, and be a shoe-in for a messed up toy sale....

KXf6OOo.jpg

I just made an account for only one question:

that scene with the mayor. am I the only one who got the thought that the mayor might be in love with pinkie pie???? (sorry for the bad spelling, foreign)

I doubt it, but there is the possibility that Mayor Mare may have in fact found out about Shining Armor and Cadences baby may have discovered some other tidbit of gossip. Of course it won't stop shippers from making stories about that though.

That was one really god damned funny episode. GM Berrow just attained legend status in one 22 minute block. I wasn't sure if she'd be able to pull off an episode, since the books are a bit of a different style, but she did it well. This is definitely going on my phone, and will be something I watch often at the gym. 

• Brohoof 1

Now that was crazy fun!

I think the premise of the story is that if there's no declaration of a Pinkie Promise then all bets are off! Must be some special ability to honour it I guess. Otherwise Pinky goes into meltdown.

Was pretty clever how they had all those hints at the baby from seemingly random background characters. All of it seeming to be coincidences until you find out that they're also in on the secret!

Plus that scene where Spike is shoving those ashes into a comic bag like nothing had happened absolutely cracked me up!

• Brohoof 1

Actually I liked the episode although It's funny, but Really Tempting. It's like Pinkie pie is on pressure or temptation or urge to resist to tell secret mode that she wouldn't spoil the secret although I would get the feeling that she almost made the same mistake as twilight sparkle did back in green isn't your color and broke the pinkie promise. I Believe that she almost broke the pinkie promise for the 2nd time, but the 1st time that she broke the pinkie promise was in pinkie pride episode.

Not the best Pinkie episode, but still enjoyable. Pinkie's attempts to keep the secret may get old to some. I may like it more

speaking as a Pinkie fan, but I did find her attempts adorable and funny. Seriously, so many Pinkie facial expressions made me fawn. Also, this was probably the best way to announce Cadence and Shining Armor having a baby, as they didn't go for an ending rush nor did they give a fake out ending where it's not actually them having a baby. The plot may be cliched, but its execution is decent.

Final Score: 8.5/10

I really liked this episode, It was pretty funny. 

Actually I liked the episode although It's funny, but Really Tempting. It's like Pinkie pie is on pressure or temptation or urge to resist to tell secret mode that she wouldn't spoil the secret although I would get the feeling that she almost made the same mistake as twilight sparkle did back in green isn't your color and broke the pinkie promise. I Believe that she almost broke the pinkie promise for the 2nd time, but the 1st time that she broke the pinkie promise was in pinkie pride episode.

Maybe when things aren't exactly Pinkie Promised it is way harder. If I am not mistaken, she never officially Pinkie Promised, to keep it quiet, and not tell anyone. She just Pinkie Promised, to be the Back Up delivery pony. All in all, this was a really good episode.

• Brohoof 1

knew that those two were going to have a baby! It was just a matter of time!

I am so excited to see him or her!  

You know, seeing that picture of Smash Fortune, I'm now expecting a fanfic involving Twilight using her status as a princess and pulling some strings to actually introduce her brother to him.

When I first saw this episode, I absolutely thought that pinkie was like me because.. (I can't keep secrets for that Long :( ) anyway.. The ending part really made me go yay! It's about time that those two keep going the generations of princesses/Princes. This episode was one of the most funniest and enjoyable episodes to watch.. Especially when Pinkie Pie is holding her breath to not tell the main six what's going on with Shining Armor and Princess Cadence. I can't wait to see their Little foal soon in the series! Just hope the toy makers aren't making more Princess Skyla toys to ruin the surprise..

I doubt it, but there is the possibility that Mayor Mare may have in fact found out about Shining Armor and Cadences baby may have discovered some other tidbit of gossip. Of course it won't stop shippers from making stories about that though.

I know, but I hadn`t watched the whole episode when I posted it, in the later scene when they go see Apple Jack`s certificate it becomes clear that indeed it was (probably) about the upcoming kid

And now Cadance is pregnant. First the CMC, now this. I love how stuff actually happens in this show. This show is still fresh five seasons in, stuff actually happens to hold our interest and more. :pinkie:

This episode was hilarious. Great storytelling and good jokes at every bend, I really liked it.

• Brohoof 2

I want to see Cadence going through mood swings and weird cravings now.

"Oh hey hun, you're also having a midnight snack?...I see you're...going to town on the exotic food fridge...uhhhh...Okay, if...you need anything just let me know...goodnight..."

Shining slowly backs away from Cadence who's gorging like a maniac at everything in the fridge. He's just about to leave the kitchen, thinking he's in the clear until...

"SsShHiIiIiNnNnNyYyY??...."

Shining stops in his tracks, frozen from fear on what's going to happen. He takes a deep breath as he slowly turns around to his knocked up wife.

"...gulp...Yes dear?..."

"BeEe HoOoNeSt...HaAaAvVeEeE IiIiI...GaAaAiIiInEeD WeEiIgGhHtT??...."

"...Nnnno, not really-"

"LIAR!!!!!!!"

She throws the entire fridge at Shining, causing him and the fridge to go through the wall

"Im SoRrY hUnNnY!!!! fOrGiVe mEeE- I HATE YOU! YOU NEVER VISIT ME EVEN THOUGH YOU LIVE WITH ME!- DRAW ON MEEEEEEEE!- OH IM SO SCAAAAAAAARED- WAAAAAAAAAAH!"

She runs out screaming and laughing and crying as the husband squeezes his way out from under the fridge.

"...Ow..."

Edited by Bored2death
  • Brohoof 2

I'm sort of in the minority here in saying "meh". There were some good Pinkie Pie antics and Pinkie nearly exploding trying to keep the secret after she was pressing Twilight so hard to do the same thing in "Green Isn't Your Color" was pretty fun to watch, but it was just a good comedy romp, and there really wasn't much more to it than that. I don't really think I was spoiled by last week's episode, but I just didn't see as much substance in it. I'm more for substance when I watch MLP, (straight comedy is more for shows like SpongeBob) but I do appreciate good comedy when I see it, and this episode had that.

Sure, there's the revelation that Cadance and Shining Armor are carrying precious cargo, but the episode wasn't really about that, and besides that the whole fandom guessed it as soon as the episode synopsis came out. Where they go with this is completely up to future episodes and is a different subject unto itself.

Even so, I do think GM Berrow has what it takes to write for TV especially given that her background is in novels. She did write a pretty fun script and I think she might have a future on this and other shows.

• Brohoof 2

Considering the room Twilight made for Shining Armor looks like it would belong more to a bucking 10 year old rather than a full grown stallion, one has to wonder what their room at home looks like. Well, now we know who the fun parent will be.

• Brohoof 1

After SO many touching episodes, mlp finally give me a break :)). This ep had no moral lesson, no deep characterizations, no heart-breaking moments, but it delivered ONE thing that i missed about mlp: ss1 Humor, im happy now :3. Pinkie's antics in this ep is insane :3. Ok, let check some reactions on Youtube :3

• Brohoof 1