Troblems

228 users have voted

1. 1. Was it the best thing EVER?!

• Hated it!
    • Ehnope.
    • Meh.
    • It was enjoyable!
    • OMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSH!

After having several episodes where we saw the Mane 6 only making some 'cameo appearances' togther and only in 2 it was nice to get back to seeing them doing things together, that was missing. As for the episode and not having Pinkie episodes as most fave, I think this was ok, probably even better than ok, so 'enjoyable' fits the grade. It was also very nice to see the CMCs with their new cutie marks to show that all continues from where it last stopped. I was expecting Pinkie Pie to just spit it out and holding the secret to the end came as a surprise. New writer, unexpected end (one would really see somepony mess up usually). So I am okay with an episode that once again had the big event in the end and nothing that much happened during the ep..

Anyone else notice Sweetie Belle's cutiemark disappearing?  

I was going to attach a screenshot thinking that no one else noticed it but well, someone did, good job. I checked the frames before and after, the rest do have it (the disappearance was noticeable), - probably it hides under her mane.

Edited by ImtR

I have a feeling the new baby will be in the premiere of Season 6,and the story is going to be that a dark force from 1000 years ago is trying to take the baby so that it can take the throne.

Although I do hope that it won't be that cliche.

Overall, I thought that this episode was boring and obnoxious. I found the singular premise of the episode - "Watch Pinkie struggle to keep the news of Shining Armor's and Cadance's baby secret!" - to be totally ridiculous and unrelatable. And the "coincidental" dialogue and situations (e.g. Shining Armor and Cadance bursting in just as Pinkie is about to reveal the secret) and the occasional self-aware lines (e.g. Pinkie saying "You're right, spooky reflection of Rarity that I know is actually my own imagination"), rather than being funny, only served to underscore the ridiculousness of the episode.

First, I just don't get the enormity of Pinkie's struggle to keep the news secret. We've seen Pinkie take keeping secrets seriously on the show before, and she presumably has had to keep secrets (even exciting ones) in her line of work as a party planner. And in light of these things, I don't buy the explanation that "This time is different, because the secret is really exciting!". I also don't believe that Pinkie's not having made a Pinkie Promise is particularly relevant; if Mrs. Cake had insisted on a Pinkie Promise to keep the secret, would Pinkie really have magically gained some resolve to keep the secret which she didn't possess in the course of the episode?

I also couldn't help noticing that, as soon as Pinkie read that Shining Armor and Cadance are having a baby, her immediate reaction was to go and tell Twilight. Even if Shining Armor and Cadance didn't specifically ask for it to be kept top secret, wouldn't it still be inconsiderate for Pinkie to rush over and tell Twilight such personal news? Wouldn't that be considered a selfish intrusion on Shining Armor's and Cadance's prerogative to tell Twilight (and be there for her reaction) themselves in their own way?

It's worth noting that the ponies from which Pinkie is keeping the secret don't know that she's keeping the secret. So no one is bugging her to reveal the surprise, and she shouldn't have to lie to or mislead anyone; all she has to do is be normal and go about business as usual. But of course, in this episode, Pinkie demonstrates an inability to do that. On several occasions, Pinkie needlessly brings suspicion on herself by acting dodgy when there's absolutely no reason to. For example, when Rarity asks Pinkie "What's all this about a baby?" after Pinkie was legitimately talking about Pound Cake, why is it so hard for Pinkie to just say that she was talking about Gummy having Pound Cake's pacifier? Or when Pinkie has to make deliveries and she says that it didn't feel good to ignore her friends like she did, why didn't she give an explanation like "Hey, Mr. Cake gave me a lot of urgent deliveries to make, so I don't have time to talk right now"? And I know that most of these situations are supposed to be humorous, but as I mentioned before, to me they just came across as ridiculous.

Furthermore, why is Pinkie in danger of telling random ponies in Ponyville about the surprise? Would they really be excited about that news? Why would the average residents of Ponyville care that Shining Armor and Cadance are having a baby, considering that it's unlikely that they know Shining Armor or Cadance personally or that those two do anything that directly impacts their lives?

And that brings me to another point - that I just don't relate to Pinkie (or others, for that matter) being incredibly excited about the news that Shining Armor and Cadance are having a baby, to the point that she's bursting to tell not just Twilight, but any random resident of Ponyville. I honestly can't think of any secret that I might hold about which I would be so incredibly excited that I couldn't just keep it to myself and go about my business as usual if necessary. Even if I found out that one of my own siblings were to have a baby (which I don't anticipate happening any time soon), and I were to become an uncle, I still wouldn't have anything like the reaction that Pinkie had, or even that Twilight had (which was more restrained by comparison).

Finally, the side story about Twilight decorating Shining Armor's room in the castle with his childhood toys, just because he's coming to visit, strikes me as being just plain weird, especially since Twilight doesn't know the real reason for his and Cadance's visit. I was initially baffled by Twilight being so excited about this surprise, but then we see Shining Armor whinnying in excitement and swinging Twilight around, and according to Twilight, he couldn't stop raving about it. I just don't get why having some childhood toys in Shining Armor's room would spark such an over-the-top reaction from him. Is seeing some of one's childhood toys really that exciting? Plus, if Cadance is sleeping in the same room with him, I guess she'd better learn to like his childhood stuff being around.

Now just a handful of other observations:

So the "very special order" for which "the ingredients need to be perfect" is the small get-together at the end of the episode with the Mane Six, the Cakes, and Shining Armor and Cadance? That seems to me like a pretty standard event for which to make an order.

Pinkie sitting on one of the roots in the chandelier really puts into perspective just how big the chandelier is, and how big the room must be to contain it.

After revealing the surprise, Shining Armor immediately brohoofs and chats up the one other guy in the room (other than Pound Cake), Mr. Cake. Maybe he's not interested in all that girl talk going on over there. And perhaps in the world of Equestria, where males seem to be in the minority, guys gotta look out for each other, right?

Why did Pinkie lie to Cadance about how much trouble it was to keep their secret? Maybe if she were truthful about it, she wouldn't have to be entrusted with such secrets in the future, and she wouldn't have to go through all the shenanigans that occurred in this episode.

• Brohoof 3

I have a feeling the new baby will be in the premiere of Season 6,and the story is going to be that a dark force from 1000 years ago is trying to take the baby so that it can take the throne.

Although I do hope that it won't be that cliche.

Whoa! That would be one of the most cliched plots ever! I really hope it doesn't happen. The last thing we need is a resurrected King Sombra snatching the foal and re-enacting the story of Rapunzel.  :please:  (I would laugh so hard.)

I really enjoyed this episode, it was a great Pinkie Pie episode and I loved seeing her struggle to keep Princess Cadance and Shining Armor's news a secret especially since everything she did seemed to relate to the news, I also loved the references and the 4th walls that were broken, Pinkie was hilarious as always and I loved seeing Princess Cadance and Shining Armor especially seeing Shining Armor freak out over the stuff he liked as a young colt. I also loved the faces made throughout this episode and I loved seeing the CMC try to catch up on gossip lol. A good episode, but I do wonder how pregnancy works in Equestria? 9/10!!

Also when Twilight said aunt, but she said "ant" I thought of this gif  :lol:

post-5578-0-52832400-1445221523_thumb.gif

post-5578-0-09721300-1445221531_thumb.gif

post-5578-0-84153500-1445221532_thumb.png

post-5578-0-77582000-1445221534_thumb.png

post-5578-0-46505600-1445221537_thumb.png

post-5578-0-29741000-1445221540_thumb.png

post-5578-0-00683900-1445221542_thumb.png

post-5578-0-16784400-1445221557_thumb.png

post-5578-0-07863700-1445221565_thumb.gif

So does the "Genius magical prodigy in public and eternal 8-year-old behind closed doors" thing run in the family? If so, Sparkles confirmed for cutest family!

Ugh, this whole "Pinkie was fine with keeping secrets in Green isn't your Colour" malarkey is annoying me.

post-2257-0-84471000-1445255241.jpg

Have you people never heard of "easier said than done"? Pinkie was fine with expecting Twilight to keep a secret, but found it much harder when it was SHE who was on the spot and trying not to spill. Savvy?

So does the "Genius magical prodigy in public and eternal 8-year-old behind closed doors" thing run in the family? If so, Sparkles confirmed for cutest family!

Pshh... Twilight is far more mature than her bro.

If I had one word to describe this episode, it would be this: HYPER If I had to choose some adjective to go with that, they would: Super ultra crazy whatthe sugar high HYPER.

This episode was kinda crazy, like it had a sugar injection all the way through. Pinkie was incredibly over the top here, but I suppose in a good way. I have noticed that Pinkie is far more crazy and wild than she was in the early seasons but to good effect. This had me laughing at a good amount of spots, but at some few parts, I did kinda feel like they were trying a little too hard to make a scene be funny. I only thought that through a bit of it though. 

Also, this episode shows more amazing facial animation, this season has been amazing for this. I love seeing the animators experiment with it. Pinkie is like the ultimate test subject. XD Mayor Mare was also really funny in this even for a short time. For some reason, seeing her be all hyper for a bit was really cute to me, since we have not really seen such a thing before. On top of this, we got to see the CMC's with their Cutie Marks in a new episode, that is always a huge plus in my book now. :3

As for the big news, it seems this episode was a setup for something in season 6, unless one of the synopsis mentions the baby in a season 5 episode. One thing, if they have this baby be born as an Alicorn princess, that will be incredibly stupid. I assume they won't but if they do, that would make absolutely no sense. Both Cadence and Twilight had to earn that right and Shining Armor himself is not an Alicorn anyways, so if the child is one, that would just be annoying and completely inconsistent. I do like how they used this episode as a setup for now, that kept the pace good overall, well, good for a Pinkie episode, which it was really crazy. 

OVerall, I think this episode, while not one of the best in the season, was still really enjoyable. It was really silly, with only a few moments being a bit too silly, and I liked the setup. I just hope that the follow-up does not screw it up. 

It was enjoyable. though Shining Armor's reaction to his surprise was the best part of the Episode :lol: the Wacky waving Pinkie was another good moment imo :P. I'm curious as to how they will develop this further down the road and what key parts will be played with this foal.. maybe have the crusaders help the baby earn it's own Cuite Mark when it's time..

Pinkie Pie was awesome in this episode! Hilarious! Oh, and did anypony else catch Derpy and Dinky when Pinkie was all like, Maybe there won't be anyone outside so I can deliver without talking to anypony.

Also how did Mayor Mare know about the baby?

2rpadrs.png

I loved this episode because it had many funny moments........plus Mayor Mare..

..and then the reaction of Shining Armor about the surprise made by Twilight is superb.

And what to say about the cute pic of the little Applejack?

13ygh2b.png

Also how did Mayor Mare know about the baby?

I think it's implied in the episode that Mayor Mare, as well as Featherweight and the furniture store salespony, found out about the baby from Shining Armor and Cadance when they were setting up the scavenger hunt, since the clues for it were in the Foal Free Press, the town hall records room, and the furniture store.

• Brohoof 1

All in all, I thought it was pretty good :). Kinda predictable, but still enjoyable :)

What does this even mean? The secret was told instantly, what's left to predict? Whether Pinkie would be able to keep the secret or not? :o

What does this even mean? The secret was told instantly, what's left to predict? Whether Pinkie would be able to keep the secret or not? :o

Simple. Pinkie's reactions and expressions. Whether she would be able to keep the secret or not was a given. 

Simple. Pinkie's reactions and expressions. Whether she would be able to keep the secret or not was a given. 

I didn't think so. She almost spilled it more than once. Also, her reactions and expressions? I don't even know what it means to predict that.