Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your 2015 Game(s) of the Year (So far)

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Well, 2015 has gone by kinda fast. Been a pretty interesting year too for gaming. We have seen many new releases and some very interesting titles, also some that are....kinda terrible. In this thread though, we are here to discuss our personal favorites of the year, our Game(s) of the Year! This can be one or many, whatever you think has been the best of the year so far. :)

Definitely one of my top favorites is Forza Motorsport 6 for the Xbox One.

post-8308-0-45544700-1445004936.jpg

This game, while it has some small kinks, is near racing game perfection. The sheer amount of cars and the details in all of those cars, the 26 tracks, the rain and night effects, the ability to customize all of your cars to your liking, both in tuning and visual appearance, this game is just absolutely wonderful and also relaxing for me to play. I have already put near 50 hours into it. Yeah, I really like it. :3 Definitely one of my absolute favorites of 2015 and beyond for that matter and it is now my favorite racing title ever, bar none.

Another one is Super Mario Maker for the Wii U. Yeah, there is no way this one could not make my list.

post-8308-0-01629700-1445005209.jpg

Considering that it is a Mario fan's dream, this game is pure 2D platforming bliss. It is so easy to get into making levels and different concepts and playing levels made by others is infinitely replayable. To me, this is the definitive Wii U killer app. Infact, it is the game that made me buy the console this year. Well played Nintendo. Well played. 

How about all of you? What are some of your top games for this year? ^____^

• Brohoof 3

Metal Gear Solid V, despite all it's bullshit background development nonsense with Konami/Kojima, has still managed to be one of my top games this year. In terms of pure gameplay it's just an incredibly fun experience, what Peace Walker would have been like on the home consoles. It feels like the perfect Metal Gear game gameplay wise for me. :D The landscapes are enormous and full of things to find, the enemy outposts are all well varied and each one requires a different approach, and while the game still encourages the use of stealth, it no longer punishes you for taking a more lethal approach. You can call in a backup helicopter and watch it tear through the enemy while you sneak behind and grab your objective, or get one of you're buddies you can bring along on the mission with you to snipe enemies that you mark and clear a path. The game gives you so many ways to approach a situation, and that's something I love to see in games. A strong sense of variety. :)

I could go into detail about all the things that make this game feel special to me, but I have other plans for today. :dash: Bottom line: It's an excellent gameplay experience and well worth checking out for not only fans of the series, but I'd say newbies too. You certainly won't regret it! :wub:

• Brohoof 2

If I'm recalling correctly, the only game that I have bought this year from this year is Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer. So that, I guess. It's good for what it is.

• Brohoof 1

Well This is my games of the year so far by systems

PC / Steam:

Final Fantasy XI - Well It's still my all-time favorite game, but I still have to keep my pride, glory, and loyalty for this game

and Terraria - Well Been playing it since the latest update although I haven't been playing it much since I got all the gear needed except for 1 item which I'm working on

DS & 3DS:

Pokemon Black 1 - I've been playing it to maintain my Black City daily

Animal Crossing New Leaf - Playing the game daily for Turnip prices and to check on my villagers although I Believe it's been a year that I replaced the game with a digital copy so I don't have to worry about my data and the game itself

Pokemon Shuffle - The game keeps getting tougher and tougher after each and every new main stages have been released, but it just helps with my mind.

Super Smash Bros 3DS - Have the game for a year, but been playing to mess around, save replays, and take screenshots

Wii-U:

Super Smash Bros Wii-U - Same as 3DS except that I had the game after christmas 2014.

Hyrule Warriors - I believe I almost had this game for a year now, but really close though. It's pretty much challenging game than the previous warriors game that I played.

iPad (or iOS):

My Little Pony (MLP) App - I've done a lot of check-ins on this app to money, exp, and gems daily but the daily rewards have changed. I Believe it's almost 3 years that I have this app

Plants Vs Zombies 2 - My brother got me into this so I don't even remember how long I had this and playing for.

• Brohoof 1

Haven't gotten any 2015 game yet(still want MGSV :(), other than Xenoblade X, and that hasn't come out yet :P

Edited by ChicksDigGiantRobots
  • Brohoof 1

Metal Gear Solid V, Metal Gear Solid V and Metal Gear Solid V

As an absolutely MGS-Fan, I waited for it all the time and I loved it, all the possibilities. Sure I had some annoying moments but I have those with every played game. I have over 140 hours, the game finished to 86% and the trophies by 69%. Actually the only game besides MGSV from 2015 I played was the Uncharted Collection.

So yeah, MGSV for the win! :wub::love:

• Brohoof 1

So far for me, Project CARS.

header.jpg?t=1446043770

The first (and so far only) multi-platform racing sim this generation. It, along with Assetto Corsa coming to consoles next year will put Polyphony Digital and Turn 10 on notice and show them that proper racing sims can sell on consoles.

Yeah, it's buggy as hell, and it seemingly takes FOREVER before fixes come, but Slightly Mad Studios are working diligently to make it the best game it can be.

ButnoneofthatmattersbecauseFallout4iscominginnextmonthfuckthoseothergames. 

Edited by Azure Flare

• 2 weeks later...

My pick would have normally would've been ARK, but Undertale just blew that out of the water. And honestly, I think Undertale caught the world off guard. Who would have thought an Indie TBS RPG on Steam would make it this far?

And to anyone who hasn't played it, play it. There's a free demo on the website.

• Brohoof 1

Undertale for some great reasons. It's absolutely genius. I've always been a fan of deconstructions so Undertale was really a great one for me; it did to RPGS what Madoka did to Magical Girls. I can never look at Pokemon the same way ever again (Snivy gained... 50 EXP... it's LV is now 10...). The writing and soundtrack are genius, the characters are some of the most memorable video games have ever seen, the gameplay never gets dull with all of those gimmicks, you really need to use your brain and think outside the box (literally in some cases), it never overstays it's welcome, and it has a lot of... replay value. Though, just because you can reset, doesn't mean to have to!

EDIT: This one typo kept on bugging me.

Edited by Shift
  • Brohoof 3

Does GTA 5 for PC count?

I bet Fallout 4 will be one of my GOTY's as well, even though I won't be able to play until next year (because I wanna get a new graphics card first).

Other than those two, ARK: Survival Evolved and Cities Skylines. That's all the games I could think of that I have bought in 2015 and have been released in the year 2015!

Undertale was great, its sorta cheesy on the humor and seems childish at first but its very powerful of an experience if you try exploring it for what its worth. Steam has it at 98% satisfaction.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 for me. These two were the best games for me this year, they have beautiful graphics, great gameplay and so much content that can take over 100 hours to see through everything they have to offer.

bloodborne-goty01.jpg

138247.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Definitely the Witcher 3. Shame about the graphics downgrade compared to the original trailer but it's still an amazing game. The writing and storyline is incredible, the world is very detailed and the amount of hours of gameplay it provided is awesome.

• Brohoof 1