Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your 2015 Game(s) of the Year (So far)

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

I'm back and although first page I said Undertale was the best (and i'm honest, still is, probably my favorite game ever by this point), there are a few runner ups I forgot to mention.

Xenoblade X is amazing. The characters are great, the open world is pratically flawless, there are pretty much no loading screens, great music, fun gameplay, so much content, and great flexibility with customization. My character right now is pretty much the war cleric lovechild of Hinoka from Fire Emblem and Loki, and she's besties with Kadaj from Advent Children if he had a gun and was a girl. Few flaws; mostly no autosave, ridiculously small text, and a nonexistant tutorial.

Splatoon has a great sense of humor; it's punny, so much fun, original, and overall just a blast. Ranked makes me pretty salty, though. I main the Kelp Splatterscope, so good E-Liters make me drown in salt. I really can't think of many flaws that haven't been fixed via patches.

And those two were the runner ups! ...yes, um, that's it. Undertale's still the best in my opinion, though. I have heard Bloodbourne and Witcher have been good, though.

Since I am pondering doing this for a video I probably should list the games I enjoyed that came out this year Thus Far:

Life is Strange
The Deer God
Armello
Stasis
Dropsy
Read Only Memories
Apotheon 

I know the list is filled with mostly Indie Games, and not AAA titles, that's because while I have played various fantastic AAA titles this year, I haven't gotten far enough into them to feel confident enough to put them on the list without investing several more hours into it.  That and I love how most of these games I can play on Both GoG and steam. Which is what I've been doing. 

• Brohoof 1

Stasis

I know the list is filled with mostly Indie Games, and not AAA titles, that's because while I have played various fantastic AAA titles this year, I haven't gotten far enough into them to feel confident enough to put them on the list without investing several more hours into it.  That and I love how most of these games I can play on Both GoG and steam. Which is what I've been doing. 

Oh, I forgot to mention Stasis. That game was great (imo), and I'm usually not one for horror games.

• Brohoof 1

Splatoon definitely. It's the most fun I've had in a game in a while and it was the game that brought back my interest in video games.

Super Mario Maker is pretty cool too as is Majora's Mask 3D if you count remakes. 

Edited by Wheatley
  • Brohoof 1

Splatoon definitely. It's the most fun I've had in a game in a while and it was the game that brought back my interest in video games.

Super Mario Maker is pretty cool too as is Majora's Mask 3D if you count remakes. 

Splatoon is so fun that I haven't even played it and I see how great it is. I watched my friend play it for hours on end and it seems like an absolute blast. I was very happy when it won over the other shooter franchises at the Game Awards. 

• Brohoof 2

Super Mario Maker is pretty cool too

I second that. Splatoon is amazing!  :wub:

Splatoon is so fun that I haven't even played it and I see how great it is. I watched my friend play it for hours on end and it seems like an absolute blast. I was very happy when it won over the other shooter franchises at the Game Awards. 

I was so happy about that too! It deserves that award. :)

Seeing what I've said above, you've likely guessed that my game of the year is Splatoon. It's such fun, and very addictive. Great for online battling with friends.  :love:

I'll also go with Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, Rocket League, and Super Mario Maker. HHD is just my kind of game; I've always been deeply interested in interior design. That, mixed with Animal Crossing, is great! Rocket League I haven't played much of, but when I played a few matches with my brother I thoroughly enjoyed it. And Super Mario Maker... You can make your own Mario levels and play other people's. Not much more needs to be said!  :squee:

Edited by Wolves
  • Brohoof 1

Let's see here...

Overall, I'd have to say that Fallout 4 is my favorite game this year. I've never played a Fallout game before and it's just fun to walk around and explore the wasteland around the ruined city of Boston - and nothing beats the awe I got when I watched the Brotherhood of Steel come in overhead in their fancy zeppelin.

As far as music goes, Fallout 4 and Undertale are my picks for game-of-the-year. Undertale's music was done by the same guy who did a lot of Homestuck's music, which is well-regarded, while Fallout 4's theme sent shivers down my spine when I first booted up the game for the first time.

And the rest:

Best Shooter - Fallout 4

Best RPG - Undertale

Best Multiplayer game - Super Smash Bros. 4

Best Fighting game - Super Smash Bros. 4

Best Science-Fiction game - Elite: Dangerous (This one also has superb sound design.)