Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tattoos

krindar

This'll be like the 5th time i've posted this on the forums but my tattoo is this:

post-7214-0-10113900-1448992133_thumb.jpg

I've wanted a tattoo since the age of around 13, my great-grandfather had loads of them after being in the army so i never saw it as an abnormal statement of any kind growing up. I had the idea of that tattoo settled on for about a year and a half before i finally had it done at the age of 18, it took two sessions and because of how popular the tattooist is it meant that the tattoo was not finished for another year. 

As for reasoning, i decided that it should be a symbol of who i was at that point in time, so that if i should have memory problems later in my life i have tattoos as indicators of who i was at certain points in my life. I was booked in for a gaming related sleeve tattoo earlier this year but as i moved out i couldnt afford that, it would have cost me 2 months worth of rent to have it done.

I've wanted a tattoo for a few years now, but I've been indecisive about what I wanted to get. And of course, I want to be sure of what I want before I get anything. :P

Not gonna lie, I want a cutie mark. I know that much. But what cutie mark? I don't know... and I don't know if I wanna get one that already exists, or if I wanna make up my own. I've never been able to decide what my own cutie mark would look like. If I got one of the mane six's, I'd get Pinkie Pie's. Or maybe her's on one side and Rainbow's on the other side (I want them on my hip/thigh, where I feel a human cutie mark would probably be).

I once met a girl who had Twilight's cutie mark. It was really cool. :D

So did you end up getting one?

• 6 months later...

I have a lot of ink,it IS very addictive,but I think it's a great way of expressing yourself,the one thing I would say is do be careful about where you get them as sad as it is to say,people are still very judgemental and it can affect work prospects (which is why all mine are covered by normal work gear) and obviously anything you get will be on you forever,so choose carefully...now that the serious stuff is out of the way ;) I've had lots of experience so if anypony has questions just give me a shout,the two main tips I'd give would be don't drink booze the day before (or on the day obviously haha) it thins your blood,you bleed more and the design won't go in as well and you'll need a recolour fairly soon,also have something to eat and hour or two beforehand that way when the pain and endorphins kick in your body has something to feed on and you won't pass out or anything (hopefully) I'm very tempted to get a MLP tattoo,mainly because the main reason I heard of bronies in the first place was because of a friend that crocheted amazing ponies,they were seriously cool,as a result she told me who all the characters were and all about bronies which ultimately led me here ,sadly my friend is no longer with us and I was thinking some pony ink would be a nice tribute to her memory ,would love either a cutie mark or one of the cute sleeping pony designs :) sorry this was a long post :/

(edited)

I could never see myself getting a tattoo. I appreciate art in many forms, but the human animal is too fickle; what interests us enough to get tattooed with one day, we might be totally disinterested in on another. I personally couldn't imagine anything I love so much that I would give it a permanent shrine on my body. Even the stuff I've loved enough to justify it has evolved over the years and would seem absurd to me now. So even if I were interested in turning my skin into an artist's palette, I wouldn't trust myself to risk it.  

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

I have two so far, one is a black rose on my right shoulder in the same place and design as my mother, but hers is red where mine is black. I also have a tribal Jolteon on my left shoulder that needs to be touched up. I have many planned for my arms and legs so I am pretty excited :D

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't have any tattoos as of yet, but I plan on getting one or two in the future. I kinda like the idea of getting one of the mane 6's cutie marks, but I'm not sure yet. Whatever I wind up getting though, I want it to have a special meaning and for it to be something I don't regret getting years down the road.